PDA

View Full Version : Wii Games?

Pages : [1] 2

beagle
09-02-07, 06:54 AM
Ok, I am a total noob... just to get that clear!

I desperately want to get a Wii and will hopefully be getting one soon :D
Now my question to those Wii fans is what game would you recommend is a must have?

I've done some research and found a few games that look pretty good, but it's nice to have some feedback from people who actually play the games!

Thanks in advance!!:p

ralinn
09-02-07, 07:02 AM
A must have would definitely be Zelda. If you like Action adventures like that, you'll be amused for a long time. Trauma Centre: Second Opinion is a good game for a laugh and WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a good game for when you have friends over, along with Wii Sports of course. :)

Well that's my selection... don't hurt me if you don't like them! :(

beagle
09-02-07, 07:09 AM
A must have would definitely be Zelda. If you like Action adventures like that, you'll be amused for a long time. Trauma Centre: Second Opinion is a good game for a laugh and WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a good game for when you have friends over, along with Wii Sports of course. :)

Well that's my selection... don't hurt me if you don't like them! :(

No sounds good, I was already thinking of Trauma Centre and Smooth Moves!
(nana2)

Zeta
09-02-07, 07:12 AM
Do you like party games or single player games? I really only use my Wii for party games when people are over. I still like Raymans raving rabbids and I love Mario Party 8. I still play Wii sports and I like some of the games in Wii play. I have not picked up smooth moves yet, that one is next on my list to get.

ralinn
09-02-07, 07:23 AM
No sounds good, I was already thinking of Trauma Centre and Smooth Moves!
(nana2)
Sorry, I forgot one. If you like action games and blowing **** up, then Resident Evil 4 is definitely a game you should buy. It's still my fav action game. :)

buffbiff21
09-02-07, 01:05 PM
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Zelda_fan
09-02-07, 01:43 PM
Here are the best games for the Wii in order:

1) Zelda
2) Metroid Prime 3
3) Super Paper Mario
4) Super Mario Strikers

Those will easily hold you over until Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros Brawl comes out

ralinn
09-02-07, 02:00 PM
Metroid Prime 3 is out in the US? :(

nightmare beta
09-02-07, 02:12 PM
Rallin, it is. I think they should release in Europe first more often. They did used to.

Anyways, the Virtual Console has some pretty damn good games.

Hopefully they'll start using flash sticks so Saturn and Sega CD games can make it there and also Turbo CD cames.

beagle
09-02-07, 10:23 PM
Do you like party games or single player games? I really only use my Wii for party games when people are over. I still like Raymans raving rabbids and I love Mario Party 8. I still play Wii sports and I like some of the games in Wii play. I have not picked up smooth moves yet, that one is next on my list to get.

Well it will mostly be for party games, but I don't want to get a Wii and then let it sit there collecting dust! So prob a mix of both.

There has been some great suggestions, thanks heaps!:captnkill:

crainger
09-02-07, 11:58 PM
360 and PS3 FTW!

360 = Scene It?
PS3 = Buzz

No Wii needed :D

beagle
09-03-07, 12:48 AM
360 and PS3 FTW!

360 = Scene It?
PS3 = Buzz

No Wii needed :D

Wahhhhhh:( :thumbdwn: Thats no fair I want a Wii!!!

Grrrr...:firedevil I will have one... just you wait and see!!!

P.S. You will be going in half! :D

crainger
09-03-07, 12:53 AM
Will I kindly go in half?

beagle
09-03-07, 12:55 AM
Will I kindly go in half?

Yes... a slight correction, Would You Kindly pay for half the Wii!:p

crainger
09-03-07, 12:57 AM
A man chooses, a slave obeys. Wii Golf Club FTW!

beagle
09-03-07, 01:02 AM
A man chooses, a slave obeys. Wii Golf Club FTW!

Oh good you will be obeying then! :D

Ah, maybe we will skip the accessories, well the Golf Club and sports ones. I can't see them enhancing the games... :|

buffbiff21
09-03-07, 01:05 AM
Uh. If you don't mind me asking, you two know each other right? I think I saw a thread in which it revealed that you are crainger's girl.

Right, right?

beagle
09-03-07, 01:06 AM
Uh. If you don't mind me asking, you two know each other right? I think I saw a thread in which it revealed that you are crainger's girl.

Right, right?

Now that would be telling! ;)

BliNkEr]
09-03-07, 03:37 AM
What about Resident Evil 4?
If you didn't play the PS2 or GC Version, then buy it!
It's an amazing game with a perfect Wii-Mote Control!

Zelda TP is also a must-have game.
Now I'm looking forward to Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers Brawl.
I hope these 2 games will be good and I hope that Brawl will support Online battles.

Tygerwoody
09-03-07, 12:26 PM
Wii is garbage. I love how people say "Don't buy a PS3! Its got no games!", when the Wii barely has any games either.

If you want a system for here and now, Xbox360 is the ONLY choice. If you want future, PS3 or Xbox360. If you want a system to have fun with for a day and then put in the corner of your closet afterwards, look no further than the Nintendo Wii.

buffbiff21
09-03-07, 12:29 PM
Wii is garbage. I love how people say "Don't buy a PS3! Its got no games!", when the Wii barely has any games either.

If you want a system for here and now, Xbox360 is the ONLY choice. If you want future, PS3 or Xbox360. If you want a system to have fun with for a day and then put in the corner of your closet afterwards, look no further than the Nintendo Wii.

Way to threadcrap sir. While I concur with you, Wii has Metroid. That's better than all games on 360 and PS3 combined.

ralinn
09-03-07, 12:58 PM
Way to threadcrap sir. While I concur with you, Wii has Metroid. That's better than all games on 360 and PS3 combined.
I have to disagree with most of what he says. I think Wii has plenty of good games, it just depends on your taste.

crainger
09-03-07, 04:59 PM

I actually agree. Although looking at the shelves in the local EB the Wii has a decent amount of games available. None really catch my eye, and certainly none are worth the 100AUD price tag. Well maybe Zelda.

It is great for parties and to entertain casual gamers, but as I've said a millions times before. Buzz does it so much better. :D

beagle
09-03-07, 05:06 PM
I actually agree. Although looking at the shelves in the local EB the Wii has a decent amount of games available. None really catch my eye, and certainly none are worth the 100AUD price tag. Well maybe Zelda.

It is great for parties and to entertain casual gamers, but as I've said a millions times before. Buzz does it so much better. :D

Yes of course you keep saying that. But for some reason I just want one, I can't help it I have a craving for the Wii.

I know that the 360 and PS3 are great consoles and that they have better graphics and more games available for them, or rather a bigger range of the types of games, but every time I go into EB the Wii beckons to me. :p

Tygerwoody
09-03-07, 08:45 PM
Yes of course you keep saying that. But for some reason I just want one, I can't help it I have a craving for the Wii.

I know that the 360 and PS3 are great consoles and that they have better graphics and more games available for them, or rather a bigger range of the types of games, but every time I go into EB the Wii beckons to me. :p
The exact same thing happened to me as well as a good majority of the people on this forum. You might have just played the Wii at a friends house and got hooked. Thats what happened with me. Its hard to get it out of your head. When you finally do decide to buy it, within 2 weeks you will be kicking yourself. Sure there are a few games that are decent for the system, but considering you can get an Xbox360 that has a HUGE number of GOOD games it is just logical.

I admit I made a huge mistake buying the Wii. The marketing and "spur of the moment buy" got to me. Was a very bad choice. This could be partly because I play games 99% alone. I don't exactly invite friends over to play video games. The Wii is only fun with friends or family are around. Considering again that I don't want to play a gimmicky system while friends are around, it never gets used.