p4 prescott 3.0ghz
7800GS OC (agp)
2 x 512 (1 gig) corsaire value mem

To now:
8800gts 640 MB (pci-e)
2 x 1gb corsaire xms2 pc800
core2duo 2.66ghz intel

I really love the nice speed now.
Everythings so far running good, except for one game, graw2.

so I'm wondering, those with 88xx cards and graw2, wich driver are you all useing succesfully.
I've tried so far the 163.44 beta, and the XtremeG 162.50 set, both wich give me a bsod when I run graw, even when I run the intro movie, it give me a bsod. I figure the fastest way to resolve this is ask those with a 88xx card and graw2 so I don't have to spend hrs rebooting and testing drivers.

Much thanks in advance.

Bearclaw
09-02-07, 11:01 PM
Awesome system man! Congrats.

easyrider
09-02-07, 11:07 PM
Awesome system man! Congrats.

thanks, I burnt the p4 up I think heh, was playing ut2k4 and machine just shut off, I was like UH OH, so I rebooted, couldn't get past the bios screen, so I shutdown, checked for dust or something, and touched the heatsink it was burning HOT, so hot it burnt my fingers, so I let it cool down some, took the fan and heatsink off, and under the fan where you couldn't see, was about an 1/8 in of dust heh, I was like woah, no wonder.
Anyways I think it just got to hot, becuase it won't stay booted even 5 mins WHEN it boots to windows, so said it was time to upgrade.

Anyways I wanna get this graw2 working just don't know what drivers to start with.

Bearclaw
09-02-07, 11:17 PM
thanks, I burnt the p4 up I think heh, was playing ut2k4 and machine just shut off, I was like UH OH, so I rebooted, couldn't get past the bios screen, so I shutdown, checked for dust or something, and touched the heatsink it was burning HOT, so hot it burnt my fingers, so I let it cool down some, took the fan and heatsink off, and under the fan where you couldn't see, was about an 1/8 in of dust heh, I was like woah, no wonder.
Anyways I think it just got to hot, becuase it won't stay booted even 5 mins WHEN it boots to windows, so said it was time to upgrade.

Anyways I wanna get this graw2 working just don't know what drivers to start with.
Lol, well it all worked out.

As far as drivers head over to the video card forum and see what there saying. I don't have an 8 series card so I can't say for sure.

BTW, GRAW2 is awesome.

crainger
09-02-07, 11:47 PM
163.44 drivers FTW!

easyrider
09-02-07, 11:48 PM
163.44 drivers FTW!
useing those right now, and getting bsod at the intro movie and in game

crainger
09-02-07, 11:55 PM
Oh... Sorry I sometimes get excited and forget to read posts properly. :o

Tried the newest Non beta drivers?

Bearclaw
09-03-07, 12:03 AM
Oh... Sorry I sometimes get excited and forget to read posts properly. :o

Tried the newest Non beta drivers?
Smooth Crainger. Try not messing people up for once.

crainger
09-03-07, 12:06 AM
I'll mess you up. I'll mess you up so bad you'll wish I didn't mess you up so bad.

Bearclaw
09-03-07, 12:08 AM
I'll mess you up. I'll mess you up so bad you'll wish I didn't mess you up so bad.
Don't make me go get my cross dressing neighbor..He..er.SHE will mess you up.

OR EVEN BETTER.....Dun dun dun...GHYM!!!

crainger
09-03-07, 12:22 AM
No. Not Ghym!

LOL Do you still live with him? If not, do you miss him?

-=DVS=-
09-03-07, 12:23 AM
Wrong forum :spank:

Bearclaw
09-03-07, 12:24 AM
No. Not Ghym!

LOL Do you still live with him? If not, do you miss him?
LOL - No I don't. We are in different dorms this year...thank the lord.

I actually just saw him walking across campus the other day...and I thought of you crainger. (nana2)

crainger
09-03-07, 12:31 AM
LOL - No I don't. We are in different dorms this year...thank the lord.

I actually just saw him walking across campus the other day...and I thought of you crainger. (nana2)

:wonder:

Bearclaw
09-03-07, 02:07 AM
:wonder:
Stop it. Stop it right now.

Redeemed
09-03-07, 02:09 AM
Ghym??? Is this Crainger's ex-lover?

crainger
09-03-07, 02:19 AM
He has an amazing voice. :wonder:

Post the links to the vids Clawbear

easyrider
09-03-07, 09:46 AM
well upon further headahces, I am finding this asus board has major issues with memory.
Been at this testing for awhile now and it seems I can run this corsair single stick and it runs fine. I put 2 sticks in it craps out. This is both dual channel AND single channel.
I've tried different voltages, different settings in the bios, different slots, many times rebooting, but still no luck. I am totally out of ideas.
New pc and can't even use the ram :( .
Really thinking about going with the gigbyte instead, this asus is really pissing me off.
Almost forgot, I did upgrade the bios, got the latest one out, still no good.

easyrider
09-03-07, 05:01 PM
Well final update, I got everything wotking good.
The ram was bad in a way. I could run each stick by itself, and everything was fine, but anytime I paired them up, no matter if it was dual or single channel, I would get lockups, and bsod's all over. I decided finally to take the mem back, get a new set, (same ram as before just a new package) popped it in, and bingo, passed ALL stress tests, everything runs smoothly, no bsod.
Dunno what the deal is with the other ram, musta been somthing about shareing mem or somthing, it was adressing the same spot at the same time for both sticks, and it freaked out I guess, dunno, anyways everything is fan-freeking-tastic now, I am now enjoying my new machine emensly!
graw2, from low settings some things off 1024x768x32, to now max everything, 1600x1200x32, detailes and textures all maxed out, smooth as silk!, not a single slowdown.
Wonder what fear would run like now heh, have to install it to see, so may be my next test.

Btw speaking of graw2, for those who want to know, shadows work in graw2 now with 163.44. Useing the beta right now and I get shadows and they look fine.