PDA

View Full Version : Beep from Inno3D 8800GTX (at shutdown)

boomnj
09-04-07, 02:28 AM
Hello

My Inno3D 8800 GTX makes a warning sound when I shut down my computer, its a short beep/squeek just before the power goes off entirely.

Are there any solution to this problem, or is this a hardware error so I need to start an RMA case on the GFX card?

Anyone else with this problem? I have read an old message on this board but there was no solution to the problem or answer really.

Should I trade back my card?

My system spec is:

Inno3d 8800 GTX
Asus P5k motherboard
Intel Core2 duo e6850
Corsair CPMSU-620HXEU, 620watt
Corsair 2gb 6400 ram
Raptor 76gb 10000rpm hdd

Rummy
09-04-07, 08:03 AM
Happens on mine as well. It didn't do it with my Gigabyte board but it does it with my Asus board. Nothing to worry about. The power to the card is being cut before the computer shuts off so the card thinks it's not getting enough power. There was a thread on this a while back.

Mussels
09-04-07, 08:59 AM
Happens on mine as well. It didn't do it with my Gigabyte board but it does it with my Asus board. Nothing to worry about. The power to the card is being cut before the computer shuts off so the card thinks it's not getting enough power. There was a thread on this a while back.

^ what he said. its harmless, if annoying.

It doesnt seem to happen on some boards, mostly Nvidia ones in my experience. P35/P965 did it for me, 650i didnt. All asus boards.

Eliminator
09-04-07, 09:03 AM
no worries it does it on mine as well... 8800GTX/P965

CaptNKILL
09-04-07, 09:49 AM
Mine did that on my DFI Nforce 4 Ultra board, but it doesn't do it on this board unless I cut the power at an odd time (which has only happened once or twice when testing overclocks).

Totally harmless. I've had this card for 10 months now with no other issues.

boomnj
09-04-07, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Im gonna trade in my Asus P5K motherboard and get a Gigabyte one instead.

Im looking at the GA-P35-DS3P from Gigabyte, I hope that wont make the annoying sound.

(I can't live with my system beeping every shutdown its just not ok when I payed all my hard earned cash to get it)

Thanks again :)