PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Stolen PS3 please help

Pages : [1] 2

tornadog
09-04-07, 08:48 PM
Guys my ps3 got stolen today afternoon while I was away at work. The guys who stole it only took the ps3 and every ps3 game I had but left behind the 360 and wii. Anyway I have contacted the police and Sony. Sony said they cant do anything abt tracking or blocking my id. So if any of you find someone playing using my id "arunbn77". I am in the nvclan. It would be helpful if you can track them. Also aside from the police, is there any other way I can get my ps3 back.

|MaguS|
09-04-07, 09:02 PM
Did you have home owners insurance? If so maybe they will cover the theft? Otherwise If you have the systems box and reciept it should have the serial number on it, make sure to provide that to the police so they can check local pawn shops.

Bman212121
09-04-07, 09:06 PM
That's kind of a hard item to track... If you were using DHCP you should also still have the MAC address of the box stored in your router, so that would be another good way of identifying it. However, it might be hard figuring out where it when to. If they do go online you'd think Sony would be able to pull the IP of where the user was connected, then you can prolly track em down.

tornadog
09-04-07, 09:18 PM
I have home owner's insurance but it has a 1000 dollar deuctible, so no hope of getting anything from them. I had the box so I gave the serial # to the cops. Only worry is my cc info is stored in the ps3. It was a bank debit card, and I cant call them till tomorrow morning to block my card

Bearclaw
09-04-07, 09:21 PM
I have home owner's insurance but it has a 1000 dollar deuctible, so no hope of getting anything from them. I had the box so I gave the serial # to the cops. Only worry is my cc info is stored in the ps3. It was a bank debit card, and I cant call them till tomorrow morning to block my card
ALL banks have a 24/7 line to cancel cards. Find that number, and quick.

toxikneedle
09-04-07, 09:22 PM
Wait, so someone broke into your house but all they took was the PS3???

DarkJedi664
09-04-07, 09:22 PM
Someone broke into your house and only stole your PS3? Not even your TV, or anything else? Either that's one dumb ma ****er, or it's someone who knows you.

CDE_1246
09-04-07, 09:24 PM
That sucks bro, I hope you can get it back! I got my bike stolen from me about 2 months ago and it sucked. I hate people who steal stuff!

tornadog
09-04-07, 09:31 PM
we just moved into this neighborhood. So I doubt its anyone we know. Nothing against them, but theres some shady looking guys that live in the street adjacent. I am sure the cops will going there first. It looks like it was just a single guy because they just took whatever they could hold, and my tv was a 50" DLP.

Bearclaw
09-04-07, 09:32 PM
Well man, I wish you the best in getting that back. That sure sucks getting it stolen.

In the meantime, call your bank.

Marvel_us
09-04-07, 09:35 PM
Ouch, not good. I hope you get that cleared up. I don't believe PSN shows your CC number but they can buy stuff from PSN with it.

|MaguS|
09-04-07, 09:57 PM
Nope it doesn't just X's and the last four digits.

Bearclaw
09-04-07, 10:02 PM
Nope it doesn't just X's and the last four digits.
Well that's good but it might be good to cancel it anyway just so they don't start ordering stuff. (I'm not sure, I don't have a PS3)

DarkJedi664
09-04-07, 10:33 PM
Seriously sorry about your loss, but those have to be the dumbest criminals ever. Only taking the PS3. Stupid.

tornadog
09-04-07, 10:46 PM
ok blocked my card. they also took the controllers for my 360 and wii.

AthlonXP1800
09-04-07, 10:47 PM
Seriously sorry about your loss, but those have to be the dumbest criminals ever. Only taking the PS3. Stupid.

Well the thief who stoled poor tornadog's PS3 aint stupid, he or she knew what what they wanted. I remember last month when I read the news about a thief raided a video shop to unloaded the whole Blu-ray stocks with every Blu-ray titles but the thief left the whole HD-DVD titles at the store untouched, the thief only wanted Blu-ray. :lol:

DarkJedi664
09-04-07, 10:54 PM
Well the thief who stoled poor tornadog's PS3 aint stupid, he or she knew what what they wanted. I remember last month when I read the news about a thief raided a video shop to unloaded the whole Blu-ray stocks with every Blu-ray titles but the thief left the whole HD-DVD titles at the store untouched, the thief only wanted Blu-ray. :lol:
:\ Yeah I guess. I mean, I'm not trying to say that they should have stolen more, just saying that out of everything, a PS3 only? Just doesn't make sense.

What have the police said so far?

Zelda_fan
09-04-07, 11:13 PM
ok, think about this rationally. If the only thing they stole was a PS3 + game, this OBVIOUSLY wasn't the work of a professional criminal. It sounds like the work of some moronic kid. Probably in your neighborhood. Who in close proximity in your neighborhood knows you have a PS3? I might even post up "wanted" signs in the neighborhood asking for anyone with information leading to the capture to come forward for a $400 reward. That'll flush the rat out real quick.

crainger
09-04-07, 11:15 PM
Sorry to hear that dude. I know what it's like to be broken into. I was robbed when I lived in the Armpit of New South Wales. Armidale. They took the DVD player, DVDs, PC games that looked like DVDs. Cops thought it was a bunch of kids from the way they attempted to lift the TV, but couldn't.

I hope you get your PS3 back, if not then atleast some sort of payback.

Zelda_fan
09-04-07, 11:16 PM
Well that's good but it might be good to cancel it anyway just so they don't start ordering stuff. (I'm not sure, I don't have a PS3)

tbh you would WANT them to attempt to order PS3 stuff. That way the federal government will get involved (fraud is a federal offense) and they'll find them quick.

Bearclaw
09-04-07, 11:27 PM
ok blocked my card. they also took the controllers for my 360 and wii.
Thats probably your best bet right now. As long as that cancelled, you can't be charged for anything while they have access to it.

Bearclaw
09-04-07, 11:29 PM
tbh you would WANT them to attempt to order PS3 stuff. That way the federal government will get involved (fraud is a federal offense) and they'll find them quick.
True, that's a good point Zelda_fan. I never thought of that. Chances are he's covered by his bank also for any purchases he doesn't make, as long as he notifies them in due time.

CaptNKILL
09-05-07, 12:02 AM
Err... I was a victim of debit card fraud and no one ever did s***. There is just too much of it for them to track people down every time it happens.

The sooner you can stop them from doing further damage, the better.

MowTin
09-05-07, 12:23 AM
we just moved into this neighborhood. So I doubt its anyone we know. Nothing against them, but theres some shady looking guys that live in the street adjacent. I am sure the cops will going there first. It looks like it was just a single guy because they just took whatever they could hold, and my tv was a 50" DLP.

I heard somewhere that thieves often come back. He'll be playing your PS3 on his crappy SDTV and he'll regret not getting the 50" DLP.

Time to invest in some cheap home security.

tornadog
09-05-07, 12:25 AM
I heard somewhere that thieves often come back. He'll be playing your PS3 on his crappy SDTV and he'll regret not getting the 50" DLP.

Time to invest in some cheap home security.

already did...I was a fool to not have used the pre-installed home security..now I have activated it and also setup external monitoring...guess I had to learn the hard way.