PDA

View Full Version : Cheating ? Or more Sour Grapes from AMD ?

SH0DAN
09-04-07, 09:39 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/AMD+Alleges+NVIDIA+Cheats+in+HD+HQV/article8608.htm

damicatz
09-04-07, 10:18 PM
Given nVidia's past history as far as "driver optimizations" go, it wouldn't surprise me.

Zelda_fan
09-04-07, 11:18 PM
I don't want to turn this into a PC vs Console thread, but I'd like to point out you can't "cheat" on the graphics using a console.

SH0DAN
09-04-07, 11:32 PM
I don't want to turn this into a PC vs Console thread, but I'd like to point out you can't "cheat" on the graphics using a console.

Interesting point Zelda_fan,and one.... I did not think of.

jeffmd
09-04-07, 11:37 PM
zelda, theres no point in testing them either. With no upgradeable video, you generally choose the console based on how much you enjoy their games.

nightmare beta
09-05-07, 02:36 PM
Given nVidia's past history as far as "driver optimizations" go, it wouldn't surprise me.

If nvidia (and amd too) are ever accused of cheating, then you can damn well bet the accuser is telling the truth.

Libertysyclone
09-05-07, 02:42 PM
Why were Consoles brought into this? They have absolutely nothing to do with driver issues.

IMO AMD is doing anything they can to make the Green and Blue look bad. If you read the whole article you see that the noise reduction can be manipulated in the drivers with a slider option. Whos to say that they didnt use that option to their advantage? and why did they use an old driver?

Too many variables... not enough hard facts.

NoWayDude
09-05-07, 04:26 PM
Wait,wait, AMD has made a test using an Nvidia card, and they came to the conclusion, after testing, that their competitor cheats? WOW
Almost as credible as Nvidia doing a benchmark of the same product and then concluding that for instance, the lights of the car of the ATI picture have not the same detail than Nvidia....
Really, Marketing BS at is best..

nightmare beta
09-05-07, 07:24 PM
I think they nvidia and ati are both absurd, but the quality of video is perfect on a ati x1900xtx and nvidia's video quality on my 8800 gtx's is awful.

I'm sure that nvidia is cheating. ATI cheats, so nvidia cheats. After all, nvidia and ati actually haven't promised to never use optimisations again, so at least they're not as dishonest as they could be.

What sucks even more than the optimisations, is the fact that they will always happen and there's nothing I can do about it.

agentkay
09-05-07, 07:40 PM
Nvidia has just different default settings and users can customize the image quality how they like it while the compeditor is using an adaptive method and you canīt even fully disable the filters in the first place. Customizing ftw, adaptive modes are for noobs. ;)

Richteralan
09-05-07, 09:03 PM
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=43953