PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive not recognized anymore

Bearclaw
09-05-07, 05:33 PM
Vista suddenly does not see my drive. Has anyone had this happen to them? Any solutions?

AthlonXP1800
09-05-07, 06:13 PM
It happened to me before, it could be either DVD drive died or a faulty IDE controller.

My old ASUS A7V333 had a problem with Secondary IDE controller which cant detected DVD drive at bootup and Windows but it detected properly after restarted PC.

When you power on your PC, did the DVD drive have any LED light fashed, if here are no lights then it likely to be dead drive.

Bearclaw
09-05-07, 06:16 PM
No, it still has power and I can open and close it. It just isn't in My Computer anymore when i go there.

Bearclaw
09-05-07, 06:24 PM
I just switched it to a different SATA spot and when I load into Vista, it says "Loading device driver" then says "loading device driver failed" and ot contact the device company.

nekrosoft13
09-05-07, 07:20 PM
read dude

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1342064&postcount=2

Bearclaw
09-05-07, 08:04 PM
Thanks nekrosoft. I did the registry check and it worked. I rebooted and the drive is now recognized again.

So does Nero7 work with Vista or no? I just installed it earlier today, haven't actually tried it out yet.

Inf1n1tyComplex
09-07-07, 01:50 AM
Thanks nekrosoft. I did the registry check and it worked. I rebooted and the drive is now recognized again.

So does Nero7 work with Vista or no? I just installed it earlier today, haven't actually tried it out yet.
I'm running nero 7 ultra edition and its working fine... As to your cd/dvd problem a same thing happened to me so after some searching I fixed it using this... Don't know if its the same way or not as posted earlier but someone latter on might read this thread and if the above way fails to work maybe this will... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B314060

nekrosoft13
09-07-07, 07:31 AM

nero7 after specific version works, i think starting with 7.6 (not excactly sure) it was vista compatible.

CaptNKILL
09-07-07, 08:09 AM
I made a thread about a similar problem about 2 weeks ago.

Went into the registry and deleted one of the filters manually and it fixed it.

Installing old or incompatible burning software seems to be the main cause. In a hurry to burn something (and with Nero 6 Ultra no longer working) I downloaded and installed Sonic Recordnow... big mistake. :p

Heh.... I just realized the thread nekro linked to was mine. ;)

nekrosoft13
09-07-07, 08:19 AM
Heh.... I just realized the thread nekro linked to was mine. ;)

i'm a cdfreak ;) thats what we do

Bearclaw
09-07-07, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys for all your help!