PDA

View Full Version : Creative ALchemy 1.3

AngelGraves13
09-06-07, 02:01 PM
Has anyone tried running the 1.3 version of ALchemy found on the Auzentech site on an X-Fi?

Here's the link. It was released yesterday http://www.auzentech.com/data/Creative_ALchemy1_3.zip

AngelGraves13
09-07-07, 04:21 PM
Well I guess I'll be the first to check this out when I get my X-Fi on monday from UPS

BrianG
09-09-07, 09:55 AM
I have an X-Fi Prleude and will be testing it later. Busy weekend. But it installed, CoD2 working.

AngelGraves13
09-10-07, 12:11 PM
I'm getting my X-Fi today via UPS. I hope they don't take too damn long.

Monolyth
09-10-07, 12:27 PM
I like my Prelude, but I've run into an issue with the sound, I can hear interference in my headphones when no music is playing. A low level hum if you will. I've not yet tried the rear ports to see if it's an issue with my FP_Audio (it might be). I'll report back tonight on what I find out.

AngelGraves13
09-10-07, 12:35 PM
I like my Prelude, but I've run into an issue with the sound, I can hear interference in my headphones when no music is playing. A low level hum if you will. I've not yet tried the rear ports to see if it's an issue with my FP_Audio (it might be). I'll report back tonight on what I find out.

My onboard Realtek HD Audio always had that issue. I ditched it for an Audigy SE (which I didn't know was a stripped down version of the original Audigy that does everything in software) and then returned that to Fry's in Burbank and ordered an X-Fi last thursday with the front panel I/O. The Audigy SE made everything run choppy. My iTunes skipped if I used other programs, STALKER's sound skipped every time I moved, Prey and DOOM 3 became extremely choppy, and Bioshock became choppy too. So, no more of that crap! Time for some X-RAM!

BrianG
09-10-07, 02:37 PM
Low level hum is usually a grounding issue, with high pitched being a ground loop issue. Try the rear ports with the FPA connector pulled. Headphone usage for the X-Fi was on par with my X-Meridian, though I feel CMSS is not on par with Dolby Headphone.

Monolyth
09-10-07, 06:47 PM

Reconnected to the rear panel and hum is gone.

nekrosoft13
09-10-07, 08:06 PM
Has anyone tried running the 1.3 version of ALchemy found on the Auzentech site on an X-Fi?

Here's the link. It was released yesterday http://www.auzentech.com/data/Creative_ALchemy1_3.zip

dude have you even read the description

Creative's ALchemy software, which translates legacy DirectSound calls into OpenAL for use on Windows Vista. Note: This is an older release. A new release compatible with the X-Fi Prelude is coming soon.

this version of alchemy was released back in May or June 2007

this is the latest version of Alchemy
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download2.asp?MainCategory=209&Product=14000&dlcentric=10150&Product_Name=Sound+Blaster+X%2DFi+Fatal1ty&filetype=3&OSName=Windows+Vista+64-bit

AngelGraves13
09-11-07, 04:14 PM
It seems the one I installed was made for the Prelude?

Well anyways, no difference.

nekrosoft13
09-11-07, 04:44 PM
It seems the one I installed was made for the Prelude?

Well anyways, no difference.

no, the one you installed was made for X-Fi, but its older beta version before it started checking for hardware ids.

AngelGraves13
09-11-07, 10:27 PM
no, the one you installed was made for X-Fi, but its older beta version before it started checking for hardware ids.

thanks! I was wondering about that. So far it only detects Call of Duty 2 and Thief 3. If it only detected HL 1 games. I don't know what Steam launches, so I can't go looking for it myself. Also, it seems to enable EAX without this nifty program.

The X-Fi is really impressive. DOOM 3, Prey and Bioshock and even my my iTunes runs great now compared to when I had the Audigy SE in there. It's smooth as butter now.

nekrosoft13
09-11-07, 11:02 PM
thanks! I was wondering about that. So far it only detects Call of Duty 2 and Thief 3. If it only detected HL 1 games. I don't know what Steam launches, so I can't go looking for it myself. Also, it seems to enable EAX without this nifty program.

source games don't need alchemy.

you can add more game support yoursef, just edit the alchemy.inf file.

AngelGraves13
09-11-07, 11:14 PM
source games don't need alchemy.

you can add more game support yoursef, just edit the alchemy.inf file.

I was referring to Half-Life 1 which has an option for EAX and A3D.