PDA

View Full Version : Need help with weird boot problem...

kam03
09-07-07, 10:14 AM
I recorded the occurrence. I don't know whats causing this but i think its due to oc? My oc is 8 hours prime stable so i don't know.

This happens every now and then. Other times the system successfully loads, 100% stable 24 hours +. This problem occurs when the system is shut down and you power it on again after a while but it doesn't happen every time.

To fix this problem i usually reset the bios, it works most of the time. Other times it will just work after being left alone for a while.

Video recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVOh3CcutX8

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bearclaw
09-07-07, 11:45 AM
just watched it - That's really odd.

bail_w
09-08-07, 01:36 AM
Most likely is your motherboard.

einstein_314
09-08-07, 10:47 AM
Definately the motherboard. I've read about some people having cold boot problems with their gigabyte 965p boards. Have you tried downloading the newest bios for it? And are you running your RAM 1:1 with the FSB?

jeffmd
09-08-07, 11:30 AM
no, that could very well be your power supply, and its inability to supply enough power during the cold boot.

bail_w
09-08-07, 01:11 PM
no, that could very well be your power supply, and its inability to supply enough power during the cold boot.

did you notice what power supply he have? Enermax Galaxy 1000W DXX

kam03
09-08-07, 02:23 PM
Ok i just checked the bios with default settings and i still have the same problem so its nothing to do with the overclock.

My ram is 1:1 with the fsb.

I have a very good power supply so it cant be that. I think its a gigabyte bios problem. The motherboard i have came with the latest f11 bios, should i download the same bios from the gigabyte site and re-flash it?

jeffmd
09-09-07, 07:49 AM
I have a very good power supply so it cant be that. I think its a gigabyte bios problem. The motherboard i have came with the latest f11 bios, should i download the same bios from the gigabyte site and re-flash it?

How do you know its not defective? is it a PSU you have used before upgrading to all this?

kam03
09-09-07, 08:36 AM
How do you know its not defective? is it a PSU you have used before upgrading to all this?

No but i have researched this problem and i have found other users to have the exact same problem with 965p gigabyte motherboards. The problem is to do with the bios.