PDA

View Full Version : Slow boot with new board

easyrider
09-07-07, 09:12 PM
Well I love the setup, once in windows everything is fine, and fast.
The board I have is an Asus p5k delux.
The only issue I have right now is, it takes awhile to boot up. I get to a part where it says "Inspecting USB devices" wich it hangs for almost a min or more, then finds the devices, and continues booting to windows.
Nothing is wrong persay, just a slow bootup, and I'm not really sure how to resolve it, or do I just deal with it.
Boot time is approximately around 3mins from startup to windows.

Anyone have any suggestions at all?

agentkay
09-07-07, 09:45 PM
How many USB devices do you have connected? Three minutes is pretty crazy, maybe itīs only a particular device which causes this long delay. I noticed that my printer increased the bootup time but as long as I turned off the power, it was fine. Make sure as many devices are not turned are "on" during the bootup, if possible, try to give each device their own port and not use hubs or long "chains" of devices sharing one port. Addionally you can download the latest Intel chipset/usb drivers or update to the latest mainboard BIOS and of course check the USB settings in the BIOS. Good lucK!

easyrider
09-07-07, 10:19 PM
How many USB devices do you have connected? Three minutes is pretty crazy, maybe itīs only a particular device which causes this long delay. I noticed that my printer increased the bootup time but as long as I turned off the power, it was fine. Make sure as many devices are not turned are "on" during the bootup, if possible, try to give each device their own port and not use hubs or long "chains" of devices sharing one port. Addionally you can download the latest Intel chipset/usb drivers or update to the latest mainboard BIOS and of course check the USB settings in the BIOS. Good lucK!
Thanks for the idea, I am not sure what it was, but I just unplugged all the usb stuff, hub, mice, kboard, etc... (basically everythings usb now heh), then cleaned up the wireing as long as I had stuff unplugged, plugged stuff back up, and it still stops at that same part, but it sure goes fast now, now it's seconds booting not mins.
USB is kinda weird stuff I noticed, my hub now and then just like goes out, I unplug the power, unplug the usb main, and plug it back and my stuff comes back, so dunno heh, just weird

nekrosoft13
09-09-07, 12:55 AM
USB is kinda weird stuff I noticed, my hub now and then just like goes out, I unplug the power, unplug the usb main, and plug it back and my stuff comes back, so dunno heh, just weird

i had that problem before. there is an update on microsoft download(doesn't show up on windows update) site that does fix it.

my usb drivers are build 20622