PDA

View Full Version : 7900GT/OC Best Driver

dfxshadow
09-10-07, 12:13 PM
I tried searching but couldnt find anything recent, I just got my pc put back together after i had a psu go out on me a few months back, anyhow, I havent really been paying attention to the latest gossip on drivers and performance. When i reformatted I installed the latest drivers, and my card was fairly unstable, GRAW 2 was artifacting, I wasnt sure what the issue was so I formatted again, Flashed my motherboard bios to the latest, Installed the motherboard chipset drivers that came with the board and an older driver i had saved on my file server, version 93.71, Everything is running perfectly and stable now. However i am afraid to upgrade to the latest driver and i am hearing alot of bad things.

So long story short, what is the most stable/best performing driver for the 7900 GTOC?

Quick420
09-11-07, 10:45 AM
I tried searching but couldnt find anything recent, I just got my pc put back together after i had a psu go out on me a few months back, anyhow, I havent really been paying attention to the latest gossip on drivers and performance. When i reformatted I installed the latest drivers, and my card was fairly unstable, GRAW 2 was artifacting, I wasnt sure what the issue was so I formatted again, Flashed my motherboard bios to the latest, Installed the motherboard chipset drivers that came with the board and an older driver i had saved on my file server, version 93.71, Everything is running perfectly and stable now. However i am afraid to upgrade to the latest driver and i am hearing alot of bad things.

So long story short, what is the most stable/best performing driver for the 7900 GTOC?

I'm using 163.44 here with no troubles m8;)

Crow_Nest
09-11-07, 11:01 AM
Ive used many different types of drivers since the day i got my 7900GT a year ago. All worked fine, execpt some had issues when overclocking. The card just didnt run at the overclocked speeds while gaming. I used the rivatuner monitor to find out.

Dazog
09-11-07, 01:48 PM
try playing any video back at all with these new drivers.

Pc will freeze playing almost anything back.

Shamrock
09-11-07, 10:19 PM
94.24 is the best driver for 7900 GT.

I've had problems out of these 163.44's

Aardie
09-15-07, 04:08 PM
Must agree with Shamrock 94.24's are some of the best for 7900 series, 7950gx2 here and have problems when running dual View and 3d games on 1 of the 7900's on any of the 100 series. Added bonus is you have the old CP too as well as the new CP.

So am sticking with 94.24's for now

Best Regards

Keith

bagman
09-15-07, 06:38 PM
For what it's worth, I'm running 163.44's with my 7950GX2 with no problems whatsoever.
Tried the latest 163.67 and could see no difference over the 163.44's.
In addition, and for some unexplained reason, with the 163.67's I could not close the System Config Utility (msconfig).
Every time I re-booted it would automatically open at the desktop.
Went back to 163.44 and everthing fine.
Very strange.
cheers