PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

Badboy_12345
09-11-07, 07:49 AM
WOHOO
pay to test a games! we live in a great world dont we? :rolleyes:

soon demos will cost 10$ each :lol:

Unstable_Hero
09-11-07, 07:54 AM
I love how you blame Fileplanet for being all exclusive. Maybe it was the devs decision? You know that Fileplanet is only a content provider... they don't make or support the content they provide... its up to the developers to do that.

And I also dout most of you would provide much (if any) feedback to the developers. Hell look at jAkUps first post... he announces it as a demo... not a beta... like he doesn't care about testing purposes... just to play the game.

whats wrong with gamershell filefront or the tons of other mirror sites, nothing, except they don't pay the devs for exclusive rights.

i dont want to turn this thread into a "I hate FP" thread. Most of us do. My mistake even mentioning torrent.

What jakup does with the beta is his buisness.

Tygerwoody
09-11-07, 07:55 AM
The you would have to ban johnlo morethanonecode and anyone else that posted any media of crysis. Don't be little kids about this, we all know FP is ruining beta's by getting exclusive rights, selling things that should be given to people who want to test and make the game better. :thumbdwn:

Do you have any earthly idea how much Fileplanet and the "IGN Network" PAID to get these exclusive rights to Crysis? Its called business. This game is already making money before it has hit the market. Good job to Fileplanet and Crysis I say :thumbsup:

about the $40 subscription you have... I agree with you there. That does blow they are only giving "Founders" members the rights. Then again, when you go back and think of how much fileplanet paid to get Crysis, they need to make the money back somehow.

And MaguS. Anyone who remotely thinks this is a "Beta" is fooling themselves. This is a paid demo. I seriously doubt they will have anyone submitting information on how to fix the game or giving helpful feedback. No one was chosen or selected, you have to PAY to get in this. That is not a beta. That is a demo.

None the less, it does have an NDA and people should respect it, beta or not.

ralinn
09-11-07, 07:58 AM
I love how you blame Fileplanet for being all exclusive. Maybe it was the devs decision? You know that Fileplanet is only a content provider... they don't make or support the content they provide... its up to the developers to do that.

And I also dout most of you would provide much (if any) feedback to the developers. Hell look at jAkUps first post... he announces it as a demo... not a beta... like he doesn't care about testing purposes... just to play the game.
This is pretty much why I hate and don't agree with public beta testing like this. All it does is harm a games reputation before it's even released because people don't think of it as a beta, just a buggy game. Sometimes when we have playtesters in our office to play our games, they take notice of bugs (which is understandable) more than anything else. Bugs can really make a huge impact on gameplay so I think it should be kept in-house until it's in a good enough condition to make public. I really don't care if that would delay games.

WiCKed666
09-11-07, 08:01 AM
my screens from beta
http://rapidshare.com/files/54920010/ScreenShots.rar

Unstable_Hero
09-11-07, 08:15 AM
Do you have any earthly idea how much Fileplanet and the "IGN Network" PAID to get these exclusive rights to Crysis? Its called business. This game is already making money before it has hit the market. Good job to Fileplanet and Crysis I say :thumbsup:

about the $40 subscription you have... I agree with you there. That does blow they are only giving "Founders" members the rights. Then again, when you go back and think of how much fileplanet paid to get Crysis, they need to make the money back somehow.

And MaguS. Anyone who remotely thinks this is a "Beta" is fooling themselves. This is a paid demo. I seriously doubt they will have anyone submitting information on how to fix the game or giving helpful feedback. No one was chosen or selected, you have to PAY to get in this. That is not a beta. That is a demo.

None the less, it does have an NDA and people should respect it, beta or not.

Like i said in the post right above yours, theres plenty of others site that have the bandwith to get this beta into testers hands. This is the way it used to be done. But now FP has built a monopoly.

Fileplanet has so many ads on there site, im sure they make a pretty penny from those.

|MaguS|
09-11-07, 08:17 AM
I think people really need to stop posting shots and videos... MikeC could get introuble by allowing such content on the site. Didn't the same thing happen when D3 leaked and MikeC was asked to remove the content from the site?

Fileplanet has ads? Hmm... never noticed... oh right I pay for my access and can remove the ads. Only site that gives me ads now is IGN with their flash ones on the side.

Jonelo
09-11-07, 08:41 AM
720p

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3850/crysis2007091115340582og0.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis2007091115340582og0.jpg)

1080p

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/504/crysis2007091115344707ax9.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis2007091115344707ax9.jpg)

Destroy
09-11-07, 08:51 AM
WOHOO
pay to test a games! we live in a great world dont we? :rolleyes:

soon demos will cost 10$ each :lol:

Hell, I should sign up and sell my Crysis key on Ebay for $100!!!

six_storm
09-11-07, 09:10 AM
Wow, a lot happened while I was asleep. I'm going to skip out on this beta for right now and just wait for the Sept. 25th SP demo. I don't feel like doing MP yet.

SOAD
09-11-07, 09:13 AM
damn! Must have been asleep :D

good luck guys !

im out unfortuantly :(

conroejoe
09-11-07, 09:17 AM
I think people really need to stop posting shots and videos... MikeC could get introuble by allowing such content on the site. Didn't the same thing happen when D3 leaked and MikeC was asked to remove the content from the site?

Fileplanet has ads? Hmm... never noticed... oh right I pay for my access and can remove the ads. Only site that gives me ads now is IGN with their flash ones on the side.

Doom 3 was a leaked demo, alot different than a beta that is officially released. No, I doubt he could get in trouble for posting pictures of a game thats public...well public for the tools that are dumb enough to pay fileplanet $60 a year... :rolleyes: You people make fileplant think its ok to be scum of the earth by paying them - STOP!!!!

CaptNKILL
09-11-07, 09:31 AM
well public for the tools that are dumb enough to pay fileplanet $60 a year... :rolleyes: You people make fileplant think its ok to be scum of the earth by paying them - STOP!!!!
:wtf:
For god's sake, get over it!

I swear, the way people talk about fileplanet around here you'd think they were using the money to fund the production of suicide bombs in Iraq.

If you don't want to play betas or demos before anyone else, don't pay the money. If you do want to play betas or demos before everyone else, pay the money. Its that simple.

No amount of bitching or bashing others is going to change the situation, so live with it and quit crapping all over every single beta thread.

Holy ****. :headexplode:

glObalist
09-11-07, 09:36 AM
Hey ppl relax, it's just another FPS. :p

Unstable_Hero
09-11-07, 09:37 AM
Thats not what there gonna do with the money. But they are gonna use the money to buy the next major beta or demo. Like a snow ball rolling down a mountain, the problem will get larger with time.

|MaguS|
09-11-07, 09:49 AM
Thats not what there gonna do with the money. But they are gonna use the money to buy the next major beta or demo. Like a snow ball rolling down a mountain, the problem will get larger with time.

Good, I hope they buy ALL THE DEMO EXCLUSIVES. That way I can get them earlier then everyone else and with great speeds without having to worry about servers getting hammered when something big comes out.

I LOVE paying for the SERVICE they PROVIDE.

Unstable_Hero
09-11-07, 09:58 AM
I think i made myself look more anti FP than i really am. Some of there stuff is good and worth it to pay for, but there monopoly on betas and demos is a bad thing for the industry.

|MaguS|
09-11-07, 10:02 AM
I think i made myself look more anti FP than i really am. Some of there stuff is good and worth it to pay for, but there monopoly on betas and demos is a bad thing for the industry.

How so? They provide great bandwidth for client distribution aswell as they provide a forum for feedback so the developers don't have to manage one themselves. Let us not forget that whatever they pay for the exclusive goes to the developer/publisher so its technically funding the development of the game in some way.

Yes to non payers it seems like its bad, but honestly... its a good service. I rather support Fileplanet anyday over the pirate supporting jackasses that is Gamershell.

ASUSEN7900GTX
09-11-07, 10:04 AM
well looking at those screens it dosenīt look all that but then again it is a beta

CaptNKILL
09-11-07, 10:08 AM
I really don't think it is. :o

How does it negatively effect anything? If it were a completely open beta program with limited slots, chances are it'd be filled by every gamer that reads gaming news before the serious testers (ie, people who actually provide feedback) even know about it. With a system like Fileplanet, the people who are serious about playing betas will pay the money and will reliably get into beta tests.

Also, it provides a way to prevent leaks because your beta key will be connected to your Fileplanet account, which is connected to your real name\credit card (unless you commit credit fraud, which is another thing entirely).

Can anyone please explain how this is a bad thing, other than:

I don't want to put any effort or money into it but I wanna play it NOOWWWW!!!! :cry:

Not trying to be a dick... I just think its completely unfair of anyone to judge FP, the game developers or the subscribers just because they don't want to spend the money for an account.

nopp0x00
09-11-07, 10:11 AM
How so? They provide great bandwidth for client distribution aswell as they provide a forum for feedback so the developers don't have to manage one themselves. Let us not forget that whatever they pay for the exclusive goes to the developer/publisher so its technically funding the development of the game in some way.

Yes to non payers it seems like its bad, but honestly... its a good service. I rather support Fileplanet anyday over the pirate supporting jackasses that is Gamershell.

Other services are better. Gamershell isn't the only one.

nopp0x00
09-11-07, 10:12 AM
Not trying to be a dick... I just think its completely unfair of anyone to judge FP, the game developers or the subscribers just because they don't want to spend the money for an account.

I agree, people should be free to get ripped off by paying for garbage features.

I for one will wait and not have to fund any such nonsense by FP.

wysiwyg
09-11-07, 10:12 AM
those SS look nothing like the preview videos or SS that have been released.

i hope the SP will be properly optimized and look as we were meant to believe.

|MaguS|
09-11-07, 10:15 AM
Other services are better. Gamershell isn't the only one.

Gotta admit, I do like Filefront and Fileshack payed service is speedy but they rarely provide anything big before Fileplane does.

Gandharva
09-11-07, 10:20 AM
720p

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3850/crysis2007091115340582og0.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis2007091115340582og0.jpg)

1080p

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/504/crysis2007091115344707ax9.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis2007091115344707ax9.jpg)

PLEASE enable AF (lower AA) and don't destroy your pics by compressing them this much!

4xAA + 16xHQAF @720p would be awesome! Thanks in advance.