PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

Debate
09-12-07, 02:56 PM
Yep!

SlamDunk
09-12-07, 02:56 PM
Is the demo still scheduled to come out on the 25th of this month?
Yes.

SH0DAN
09-12-07, 03:04 PM
what the hell did I pay $40-$50 a year for? Can someone answer that?

Get fuked over by FP.

|JuiceZ|
09-12-07, 03:08 PM
Thanks Juice. You are the only one that actually commented on the game its self. I don't care about performance in a Beta or the textures and such. I just want to know if it is fun to mess around with.

Thanks man. I was more interested in the gameplay than anything else. A lot of folks have been complaining about performance, its a "beta" folks and early one at that. Some folks are so excited to play an early build of the game, they miss the concept.

Skinner
09-12-07, 03:32 PM
I miss, "the demo gfx-quality is not representative for the full game" :D

Btw, would the next batch be out before 25 sept.?

gee
09-12-07, 04:00 PM
Can u fly helicopters in the Beta?
If so could u take some Screenshots?

DeusGear
09-12-07, 04:09 PM
What do u think performs better:
1280 x 800 with 4x aa
1680 x 1050 no aa

SH0DAN
09-12-07, 04:14 PM
$10 for a monthly founders club subscription... maybe it's worth it but I'm waiting on your feedback so hurry up please :p

I wonder how much FP paid EA/Crytek for being given the exclusive privilege of ripping off thier subscribers ?

gulizard
09-12-07, 04:18 PM
I wonder how much FP paid EA/Crytek for being given the exclusive privilege of ripping off thier subscribers ?

They didn't I already told you, GSA and FP run the BF2 servers. They also run the login system. Ever notice that when Gamespy is down so is the BF2 Login?

Its all managed by GSA. They didn't have to pay squat. Gamespy helps them make money, and EA helps them make money. Was a helper once, and we had so many damn EA guys on it wasn't funny. All of them were given free Founders Club.

Chubz
09-12-07, 04:21 PM
Can u fly helicopters in the Beta?
If so could u take some Screenshots?

Good question. In fact, why the hell have so few people mentioned the gameplay or vehicles or the map design or anything such as that? I'm interested in hearing how the vehicles control (FarCry's vehicle control SUCKED) and whether or not the map design is good, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Come on people, let's hear about how it plays and not about the graphics for once. Don't get me wrong, I'm just excited about how good this game looks as anyone else, but it's time to hear about some gameplay.

(nana2)

nVJoe
09-12-07, 04:31 PM
Thanks man. I was more interested in the gameplay than anything else. A lot of folks have been complaining about performance, its a "beta" folks and early one at that. Some folks are so excited to play an early build of the game, they miss the concept.
Tru dat.... to steal your trade mark

Betas will ALWAYS ruin your view of a game you really want to play. They are works in progress.. what am I talking about. Ya'll know what a beta is. The problem is people want the final product before its ready. That is the biggest problem with gamers. They are not patient. The game will be out, it will be fun. Just have fun with tinkering around in the beta and know that your input on the beta is helping the final product to be a solid game.

gulizard
09-12-07, 04:33 PM
Good question. In fact, why the hell have so few people mentioned the gameplay or vehicles or the map design or anything such as that? I'm interested in hearing how the vehicles control (FarCry's vehicle control SUCKED) and whether or not the map design is good, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Come on people, let's hear about how it plays and not about the graphics for once. Don't get me wrong, I'm just excited about how good this game looks as anyone else, but it's time to hear about some gameplay.

(nana2)

Theres controls listed, but none in the beta. Also a VTOL.

And I ain't talkin about gameplay because I really don't care to have my account banned for violating the NDA.

Chubz
09-12-07, 04:37 PM
And I ain't talkin about gameplay because I really don't care to have my account banned for violating the NDA.

I'm not referring to you, but rather those who have posted screenshots, videos, and even a tiny bit of info about what they've played so far.

If you ask me, commenting on the gameplay is FAR less serious than posting screenshots and even videos of the game in action.

3DBrad
09-12-07, 05:37 PM
I'll just say, it's really fun, as expected. :D

einstein_314
09-12-07, 06:12 PM
So far I'm finding that the vehicles control quite a bit better than they did in Far Cry. And it's great fun shooting (or super punching for that matter) a wheel so it pops and then drive around on bare rims :D Sparks fly everywhere and you skid all over the place.

I love the different modes for your suit. And switching between modes is eaaaasy. Just tap the '4' key the correct number of times. once = armour, twice = speed, thrice = strength, ...4 times = invisible

And it's also great fun to go bird hunting....The flying birds have such a big hitbox on them that if you shoot anywhere in their general direction they will fall from the sky :D Good stuff.

gulizard
09-12-07, 06:41 PM
So far I'm finding that the vehicles control quite a bit better than they did in Far Cry. And it's great fun shooting (or super punching for that matter) a wheel so it pops and then drive around on bare rims :D Sparks fly everywhere and you skid all over the place.

I love the different modes for your suit. And switching between modes is eaaaasy. Just tap the '4' key the correct number of times. once = armour, twice = speed, thrice = strength, ...4 times = invisible

And it's also great fun to go bird hunting....The flying birds have such a big hitbox on them that if you shoot anywhere in their general direction they will fall from the sky :D Good stuff.

Vehicle damage and control is almost damn near realistic. Even the RPM's move correctly especially on the big diesel deuce in a half's. I watched the RPM meter on them and its identical to real life ( I am a construction worker and drive heavy machinery all day :P).

I think some of the kills are bs though. I shot a guy in the back at spawn when he spawned in and he pistoled me I had a shot gun hit him twice and he still killed me some how. I was a bit mad.. Considering I thought I had a free kill... unless theres a spawn protection.

agentkay
09-12-07, 06:50 PM
Itīs quite possible there is a limited spawn protection. Whats more annoying till no tomorrow, campers that hide near a spawn point and try to get spawn kills.... so I say, you deserved what you got. :p j/k

Sobbsy
09-12-07, 07:01 PM
110 mb

...You keep ruining all of your videos with music :thumbdwn:

(looks good though)

gulizard
09-12-07, 07:12 PM
Itīs quite possible there is a limited spawn protection. Whats more annoying till no tomorrow, campers that hide near a spawn point and try to get spawn kills.... so I say, you deserved what you got. :p j/k

Was taking the base when he spawned.

agentkay
09-12-07, 07:15 PM
Was taking the base when he spawned.

Oh I see, well in that case it sucks. A spawn protection shouldnīt apply when the base is in the process of being taken. :)

Killroy X
09-12-07, 07:49 PM
I want to play this game. Please Crytek? Please?

(well look at my specs, it will be a feeble attempt at best:( )

Chubz
09-12-07, 08:45 PM

Vehicle damage and control is almost damn near realistic. Even the RPM's move correctly especially on the big diesel deuce in a half's. I watched the RPM meter on them and its identical to real life ( I am a construction worker and drive heavy machinery all day :P).

I need to stop coming here.. this stuff is just getting me way too excited for this game.

:p

The demo can't get here soon enough! I'm more than ready to take on those brutal NK soldiers .. bring 'em on!

(lee63)

3DBrad
09-12-07, 09:51 PM
Also to clarify, a lot of the screenshots you have seen are on low, because people didn't realize they need to set the settings to high *in-game*

:captnkill:

gulizard
09-12-07, 10:19 PM
Surprising enough the game itself looks good on low even. High Settings are good looking as well. A lot of people don't realize that the graphics looking like they do is because the screenshots were taken in motion. Spin around in circles and see how everything looks to you in real life while your spinning, its identical in-game.

Besides the Very High Settings are DX9 as well, so we will be able to run those in DX9 and get even better then what we have right now. Then lets not forget we have DX10 features as well...

People should really realize this game is the best looking out, and Oblivion isn't comparable because its a freaking Single Player game, and the engine is not moddable. I mean its customizable you can add stuff to the game, but how many full conversation mods have been made for it? Crysis has dynamic everything, and it probably has day and night modes as well. I know Far Cry has a 24 hour scale on it. The maps are huge, and the game is awesome.. the fact it supports 32 players is even neater, and surprisingly it doesn't lag. I expected to see with 32 people driving around the map in the trucks a little connection lag, and I haven't. Everyone drives by smooth, no hitches.

stillman_
09-12-07, 11:39 PM
Okej, i finally got my hands on the crysis beta. I borrowed an already used beta key and was able to install and get the beta working. It seems like one beta key can be used by more than one person. Anyways, i wanted to make some things clear!

Here they are:

The settings menu ingame is messed up. If you change to your settings to High then it shows low in the settings menu allways, but your high option will still be there alto it says Low. So no matter what u choose it will allways flip back and show low but it will be right in the game.
There are only 2 texture settings available, Low and high there is no medium. If u change to medium it will be low.
Now About the Anti-Aliasing! There are here 3 settings, off, x4 and x6. There is no x2, x2 is the same as off. 4x AA have a huge impact on the performance. I usually have around 20 fps on high settings in 1280x960. But when i add 4xAA then it drops down to around 10 fps. 6xAA is even worse then i get abour 1 - 3 fps.

One bug and a good thing to remember, that you need to change the resolution every time you want to change textures, AA etc... Otherwise u will get artifatcs, messed up HDR and otehr stuff. Like if you wanna change to 4xAA or turn it off, and u have 1280x960 resolution, then u need to choose for exampel 1024x768 or anythig else to get the gameengine to "restart" (turn black for some seconds) and then it will work. Sorry if you find my explanation bad or hard to understand, but this was the case for me.

My system specs are: Athlon x2 4600+ Dualcore - Radeon X1950xt - 2GB ram - running on Xp pro. Crysis working like a charm when not AA is turned on lol. I will post back here if i found something more. :D
Ps, sorry for bad english... :captnkill: