PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

mcbacker
09-18-07, 12:46 PM
Are u experiencing any crash? My game was crashing with just a few minutes after loaded with Vista 32... moved to XP, improved a lot but still crashes sometimes. (Memory could not be read/written...)

The machine is very very stable... running Folding @ Home a few months straight... just found a lot of users with same problem in Beta Forum.

MC

mcbacker
09-18-07, 12:47 PM
And in 1024 how many mb do you use?

Didn't test that.

MC

mumstheword
09-18-07, 12:48 PM
So pissed off... I can't get my crysis Key, because it's saying i'm not subscribed (i friggin paid!), and i'm waiting to access hellgate london beta too.

where is the beta page for hellgate?

antigel304
09-18-07, 12:48 PM
Even dual cores i bet! Crysis.exe process never exceeded 25% of CPU usage!

MC

Tomorrow i go buy a second 8800gts for playing crysis

Redeemed
09-18-07, 01:02 PM
Tomorrow i go buy a second 8800gts for playing crysis

Well, as you already have the one 320MB that might not be a bad idea.

Just to clarify for you- SLi does not doublt the amount of framebuffer that is available for your cards. Each card is still limited to 320MB (in your case). So you still might run into issues with your limited framebuffer. But, you'll have quite a bit more GPU power so that should compensate... hopefully.

If you really can afford another 320MB GTS, try going for a single 640MB GTS instead, and sell off your current 320MB GTS once your new 640MB one arrives. That's what I'd recommend. ;)

six_storm
09-18-07, 01:20 PM
Alright, I reinstalled XP Pro and the Crysis client. All I gotta say is that XP will run Crysis better than Vista. I got AT LEAST 20FPS more than when I played on Vista. Looks like I'll be rockin with XP for a while . . .

If a 8800GTS 320MB can't run Crysis at a decent res with high settings, Crytek is out of their minds. Not everybody can go out and blow hundreds of dollars just to buy a 8800GTX Ultra! OMG . . . And yes, I remember that it's still a beta. Guess we'll see what's what next Tuesday huh?

Vista @ 6FPS:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7743/crysis2007091809354900ce8.th.png (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis2007091809354900ce8.png)

XP @ 30 FPS:
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3186/crysis2007091812573696ad5.th.png (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis2007091812573696ad5.png)

methimpikehoses
09-18-07, 01:23 PM
Vista 64 is getting pwned. Go Crytek! Optimize!

agentkay
09-18-07, 01:24 PM
320MB is NOT enough VRAM for high settings. This is a PC game and not some console junk.

jeffmd
09-18-07, 01:25 PM
If a 8800GTS 320MB

Thats where I stoped. ^^ why is everyone running around with half the video ram they should have?

Redeemed
09-18-07, 01:30 PM
320MB is NOT enough VRAM for high settings. This is a PC game and not some console junk.

QFT. Frikken ignorant dimwits! WTH do you expect? A dumbed down console game? Hell no- this is a PC game first, as such Crytek wants to take advantage of both the high and low end. If you don't have a PC that is up to snuff, then shut the hell up and just play at whatever settings work best. If you can't handle that, buy a freaking console as PC gaming is obviously too much for you.

Thats where I stoped. ^^ why is everyone running around with half the video ram they should have?

Because they are cheap and ignorant bastards. Everytime one of those annoying threads popped up asking what video card such and such should get, I'd always say "Atleast the 640MB GTS, anything less than that wont be enough for future DX10 titles like Crysis". And then came the low-end-riggers crying and moaning how 320MB should be sufficient, and how most games out at that time couldn't eat up 256MB so 320 should be sufficient... :rolleyes:

You guys were warned ahead of time. It is not our fault you did not listen- so please STFU!!!

/rant

six_storm
09-18-07, 01:32 PM
I'm trying to save up for a video card and get something nice, but I'll probably only be able to afford a 8800GTS 320MB. They are freakin expensive! Remember, I'm not fortunate enough to have mommy and daddy to buy me things. I have to save for my future marriage (almost one year away), college tuition and everything else I have on my plate.

I'm not complaining as to "F*ck you Crytek, you can't make a good looking game for us poor folk!". All I've said was that XP runs Crysis better than Vista. I hate the fact that the game is a little over barely playable on the BETA, but I don't expect the 7600GT to run like a 8800GTX Ultra.

redeemed - No respect for the poor? :D

gagoxel
09-18-07, 01:35 PM
@six_storm:

What settings are shown at 30 FPS @ XP?

Medium or high? plz say all settings cuz ive got the same graphicscard (:

Redeemed
09-18-07, 01:36 PM
I'm trying to save up for a video card and get something nice, but it'll probably be a 8800GTS 320MB. They are freakin expensive!

Yes, I can understand that- but you need to realise that you are going to get what you pay for. That 320MB GTS will blast through Crysis compared to your 7600GT. But it will still be limited due to its smaller framebuffer. Crysis is not a console port, so Crytek wanted to take advantage of all the power available in today's most high-end rigs. And it seems they are doing just that. So if you cannot afford the best, then expect to play with lower IQ settings. If that is too much for you to handle, give up PC Gaming and go with a console. ;)

Jonelo
09-18-07, 01:38 PM
If a 8800GTS 320MB can't run Crysis at a decent res with high settings, Crytek is out of their minds.

If a 8800GTS 320MB run Crysis at a decent res with high settings, the graphics of the game - textures, shadows AA - would be mediocre. Or the map it would have 25 x 25 meters

agentkay
09-18-07, 01:43 PM
MEDIUM settings - 256-320MB VRAM usage
HIGH settings - 512MB VRAM usage
ULTRA settings - 640-768MB VRAM usage

Of course it depends on what resolution you run and how much AF, AA but thats how PC games are developed that are meant to push the graphics standards forward. Sure it sucks if you canīt run the best settings for whatever reason but what should they do instead? Call the HIGH settings ULTRA and rename the MEDIUM settings to HIGH instead? That doesnīt make sense and Iīm sure the textures still look decent at medium.

The developers actually originally planned to scale the game two years into the future (and scale back to three years old hardware), meaning that you werenīt suppose to run ULTRA settings until two years after release. I think it's a huge accomplishment when people will be able to actually run the retail game with most if not all settings on ULTRA when it will be released.

six_storm
09-18-07, 01:45 PM
Yes, I can understand that- but you need to realise that you are going to get what you pay for. That 320MB GTS will blast through Crysis compared to your 7600GT. But it will still be limited due to its smaller framebuffer. Crysis is not a console port, so Crytek wanted to take advantage of all the power available in today's most high-end rigs. And it seems they are doing just that. So if you cannot afford the best, then expect to play with lower IQ settings. If that is too much for you to handle, give up PC Gaming and go with a console. ;)

Who said anything about a console period? I don't expect it to cure cancer like the PS3 (lol). Again, this is a beta; a MP beta at that. Maybe the SP demo next week will do a whole lot better than the MP beta. All I'm hoping for (expecting I guess) is for the final product SP portion of the game to run on medium settings at 1024x768. That's all I ask, even though from the looks of things, that won't happen. Guess we will just have to wait and see until next Tuesday.

MaXThReAT
09-18-07, 01:46 PM
The only thing I'm wondering about it what kind of bandwidth does this game like? I'm running on a 1.5mb DSL line and I don't think it's enough anymore. It's been good for any other MP game-I get pretty good pings, around 80-120 but I think I'm just lagging. It's using almost all my bandwidth. Time for a 5mb line I think, what are you guys seeing?

RIK
09-18-07, 01:46 PM
If a 8800GTS 320MB run Crysis at a decent res with high settings, the graphics of the game - textures, shadows AA - would be mediocre. Or the map it would have 25 x 25 meters
haha
QFT
That's right.For most People Settings = Settings.
It's a definition of the developers themselves.I mean Crysis with high settings would be Mega Ultra High in GOW!:afro:

gagoxel
09-18-07, 01:50 PM
@six_storm:

What settings are shown at 30 FPS @ XP?

Medium or high? plz say all settings cuz ive got the same graphicscard (:

six_storm an answer plz :(

six_storm
09-18-07, 01:53 PM
six_storm an answer plz :(

Sorry man, I totally skipped your post. If I'm not mistaken . . .

High: Textures, Water, Objects, Volumetric Effects, Game Effects, Particles
Medium: Shaders, Post Processing
Low: Shadows, Physics,

Redeemed
09-18-07, 01:53 PM
Who said anything about a console period? I don't expect it to cure cancer like the PS3 (lol). Again, this is a beta; a MP beta at that. Maybe the SP demo next week will do a whole lot better than the MP beta. All I'm hoping for (expecting I guess) is for the final product SP portion of the game to run on medium settings at 1024x768. That's all I ask, even though from the looks of things, that won't happen. Guess we will just have to wait and see until next Tuesday.

Well don't complain if your rig isn't up to snuff for what you're wanting. That is not Crytek's fault. I mentioned the console because if you want the same IQ everybody else has then the console would suit your needs best. You'd get the same lever of graphics as anybody else with that console.

But, if you can accept whatever your rig is capable of doing then awesome. Enjoy the game and just be happy. But I'm really annoyed at people complaining how their low end or main-stream PC can't run Crysis with everything maxed. That's pure ignorance and idiocy.

californian1
09-18-07, 01:57 PM

much like how 360 fanboys saying " if 360 can run bioshock , it can run crysis max out"

the fact is even at 1680x1050 without aa this game is eating 400~450mb , when u have 2xAA its an additional 100 to 150MB VRAM usage... thats why cevat yerli said console's memory are very outdated

at 8xAA 1680x1050 i was getting 700+MB VRAM usage !!!

we really need 9800GTX 1GB to come out when crysis is out

but hey this game is only in BETA!! i think they will optimize it more

also ppl need to realize that MP = lag ... SP should have better performance since there is no networking involve

gagoxel
09-18-07, 01:58 PM
Sorry man, I totally skipped your post. If I'm not mistaken . . .

High: Textures, Water, Objects, Volumetric Effects, Game Effects, Particles
Medium: Shaders, Post Processing
Low: Shadows, Physics,

WTF?!?! :captnkill:

And you really think that's true? LoL! And u are thinking playing crysis with a 8800gts wont be true on high settings ... or were your setting on 640x480??

Monolyth
The only thing I'm wondering about it what kind of bandwidth does this game like? I'm running on a 1.5mb DSL line and I don't think it's enough anymore. It's been good for any other MP game-I get pretty good pings, around 80-120 but I think I'm just lagging. It's using almost all my bandwidth. Time for a 5mb line I think, what are you guys seeing?

Well-written net-code depends on latency & route to a server much more then bandwidth. Your route to the server will be more of a determining factor in "lag" then how much "bandwidth" you have. However given that DX10 servers will allow much more interaction within the environment I think that they will probably require "more" data to be sent & received. But I highly doubt the amount of data sent/received will touch your 1.5mb DSL cap.

six_storm
Well don't complain if your rig isn't up to snuff for what you're wanting. That is not Crytek's fault. I mentioned the console because if you want the same IQ everybody else has then the console would suit your needs best. You'd get the same lever of graphics as anybody else with that console.

But, if you can accept whatever your rig is capable of doing then awesome. Enjoy the game and just be happy. But I'm really annoyed at people complaining how their low end or main-stream PC can't run Crysis with everything maxed. That's pure ignorance and idiocy.

Did you not fully read my posts? I'm not complaining at Crytek or the game itself. I'm just sad that my 7600GT can't put out more. I will be the first person to tell you that Crysis is a ground breaking game technology wise and that yeah, if you want to run it at ultra high settings you will need a monster rig.

I accept what my rig is putting out, it's all good and I'm happy just to try the game out. :D