PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

mumstheword
09-19-07, 07:43 AM
Really go back a page or so thats a huge difference. The physics look better, and the vehicles look better. Theres rays, and everything. I am not seeing things Very High looks better, and even the damn sound on very high is a lot louder and clearer/

Well, i'm sure sound will be better with higher fidelity. But visuals there is no difference except for the rays which can be turned on in high. I'm not gonna say anymore :)

XxDeadlyxX
09-19-07, 07:48 AM
Deadly, when you move a few feet closer it looks fine. It's probably just their method of conserving VRAM. I haven't noticed this at all until you pointed it out.

Yeah I am pretty picky, it's just you'd think they could use an asset which is a bit higher quality than that. I consider the graphics in the distance and draw distance in general just as important as close up graphics.

ETQW... while obviously not in the same league as Crysis graphically, I think has a very good way of making the distant foliage look similar quality to the close-up... I think the problem with Crysis is because the close-up foliage looks so good, it makes you notice some of the distance being bad :p

Turican
09-19-07, 07:50 AM
LoD is crap,many popping things
performance is crap ,yes for a beta to
@Jonelo

ur option show "very high" but i dont think thats very high textures are in the beta

nutcrackr
09-19-07, 08:06 AM
Firstly the game looks amazing, textures up close on the ground, wildlife, animation of nanosuit great.

I'm not altogether over the moon with my performance, 2900xt, 5600 x2, 2gb. I can run basically 1280x1024 with 2aa and shaders medium post processing medium everything else high. But performance outside is like 20-40. Inside much better 35-60ish I guess.

There is a bit of lag turning, and at the start of the round. You really need a lot of AA to rid the jaggies on railings in the distance. There are a few bugs, the scope was flashing yellow textures briefly, I also get green dots in plant seems at a distance, this was due to settings change. I think the lod could be improved, honestly I'd sacrifice some other quality just to get less pop in. I don't think I'll be running motion blur, as nifty as it looks, I think I prefer it cleaner.

I assume that both nvidia and ati will release drivers with better performances.

pg_ice
09-19-07, 08:14 AM
jonelo: can you send me those ini files that you modified?
i have to try very high settings :)

mcbacker
09-19-07, 08:21 AM
Have you, 8800 owners, ever seen this screen before? It happens only after playing Crysis for a while and only in this game!

Running Windows XP, latest Beta Forceware 4 Crysis/BioShock. (Doesn't happen in BioShock!)

http://38.99.76.18/img218/1195/dsc00763qh0.jpg

Config in the sig.

PS: Fixed memory leak crash by turning the Full Screen option ON... this game wasn't made to be played windowed.

MC

XxDeadlyxX
09-19-07, 08:25 AM
LoD is crap,many popping things
performance is crap ,yes for a beta to
@Jonelo

ur option show "very high" but i dont think thats very high textures are in the beta

Another problem I have is the game will randomly flash to a black screen for an instant quite often... reminds me of the problems I had when testing out games on Longhorn/Vista builds... things like the Sidebar half visible while playing Far Cry LOL :p

All of these things combined (bad performance, stuffed sound, no Aus servers, random graphics glitches, bad distance LOD, MASSIVE amount of jaggies with No AA or even 2xAA) make it unenjoyable to play.

ETQW/TF2 have no problems :p

randy1
09-19-07, 08:33 AM
mind if i have your key then? lol

sgio2
09-19-07, 08:34 AM
Anyone else having problems connecting to servers?

Blade
09-19-07, 08:46 AM
Another problem I have is the game will randomly flash to a black screen for an instant quite often... reminds me of the problems I had when testing out games on Longhorn/Vista builds... things like the Sidebar half visible while playing Far Cry LOL :p

All of these things combined (bad performance, stuffed sound, no Aus servers, random graphics glitches, bad distance LOD, MASSIVE amount of jaggies with No AA or even 2xAA) make it unenjoyable to play.

What he said.

randy1
09-19-07, 08:47 AM
to all the people complaining... if you don't like it, just give me your key :p

gulizard
09-19-07, 09:01 AM
The Very High settings are in the game its just a setting seen this done in many games... Infact that config file before didn't change a thing on Release 1, but release 2 is when I was able to change it and see a difference. Which is why I knew right away.. Turn it on go look at the vehicles, get in them. Look at the shadows, and even the wood building at the first base you get to when you leave the korean base. The wood use to look like crap now it actually looks half way decent. The grass, and plants move more with better physics, and they look better as well more vibrate.

vandalous
09-19-07, 09:02 AM
Wonder why SLI was not given much attention before the release of the demo :O.

It's important to note that this is a beta, not a demo. Thus, it is unfinished and still going through tweaking and whatnot. We should not be judging performance of it yet as it's obvious that there are changes to be made (such as DX10).

I love the game. I was having a good time yesterday assaulting and defending the prototype factory. I didn't have any performance issues with my rig (specs in sig, Forceware 163.69, Vista x64). It solidified my decision to pre-purchase the game.

Turican
09-19-07, 09:07 AM

yep the MP is crap³

game is 1 mon. before gold and i feels like a pre pre preee alpha

people see only the really good textures but the gameplay itself is crap.
vehicle feeling crap (battlefield 2 is godlike)
vehicle physics mega crap
extrem laggy to play
the big explosion in the enemy base is...ugly...ok extrem ugly :D

i like the gfx but the game will be no TOP game :thumbdwn:

BUT the best playable gfx demo HAHA

Crisao23
09-19-07, 09:39 AM
Killer shots Crisao. Whats your specs and what frame rates u getting?
I can play without any problems at 1280x960, high 4xaa (actually there's no AA for 8800 til now).

I'm running a stock 8800 GTX, Opteron 165 at 2900Mhz, 4GB ram and vista x64. Using audigy2zs for audio.

At 1600x1200 I tried to force 16xAAQ gamma enabled supersampling/16xAFQ on control panel (8xAA on game's panel).

It's unplayable, it goes from 30FPS to 10FPS. It's a mess.

I'll try some other settings later.

A note from the beta forums, if you have 2 network cards change your systemcfg and add this line:

net_wmi_check_interval = 0

six_storm
09-19-07, 10:12 AM
Since I have XP installed again (over Vista), I'm finally playing the beta at some decent framerates. It's actually playable with a medium mix for settings! The only slow downs I get are when you look into a scope (right mouse button) or come face to face with an enemy and start blasting away.

If I had a little extra cash, I would go ahead and grab the 8800GTS 320 so I could give better benchies. But in a way, I like to see just how well a game does on a lower-end rig. Not everyone can afford a GTX or Ultra . . . :D

PaiN
09-19-07, 11:14 AM
Wow.....I was just farting around and clicked the link......suddenly I had a beta key :) hehe I wasn't even going to bother ...can't knock fate :D ..and I have the afternoon off

Jonelo
09-19-07, 11:16 AM
I am not sure if work is really in very high, but the performance seems to be worse than in high. I need to do a few comparative screens.

XP

C:\Program files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis MP Beta\Game\Config

highspec.cfg cfg file

sys_spec_Full = 4

--------------------------------------------------------------

After in this cfg, this appear

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator \ My documents\my games\Crysis_MP_DEMO game.cfg

Attention: This file is re-generated by the system! Editing is not recommended!

sys_spec_GameEffects = 4
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 4
sys_spec_Particles = 4
sys_spec_Physics = 4
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 4
sys_spec_Shading = 4
sys_spec_Shadows = 4
sys_spec_Sound = 4
sys_spec_Texture = 4
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 4
sys_spec_Water = 4

pg_ice
09-19-07, 11:48 AM
I am not sure if work is really in very high, but the performance seems to be worse than in high. I need to do a few comparative screens.

tnx
i test later

FlakMagnet
09-19-07, 12:05 PM
Have you, 8800 owners, ever seen this screen before? It happens only after playing Crysis for a while and only in this game!

Running Windows XP, latest Beta Forceware 4 Crysis/BioShock. (Doesn't happen in BioShock!)

http://38.99.76.18/img218/1195/dsc00763qh0.jpg

Config in the sig.

PS: Fixed memory leak crash by turning the Full Screen option ON... this game wasn't made to be played windowed.

MC

Yep, I get exactly that in Vista - either when I select the 'Microsoft Power' screen saver (or whatever it's called) and let it run for about 5 seconds, but have also seen it once while playing BioShock (DX10).

After I get this, I have to reboot to get the video back again.

mcbacker
09-19-07, 12:11 PM
FlakMagnet,

Thanks for replying! Bit less worried now that another users are reporting this...

Are u using the latest beta drivers also? What do u think is making this damn screen appear?

Regards,

MC

Dreamingawake
09-19-07, 12:16 PM
jonelo: can you send me those ini files that you modified?
i have to try very high settings :)

I tried the 'very high' settings.

I don't see a difference.

Performance was about the same for me too.

Running 1280x1024 with 4xAA.

C2D @ 1.9Ghz
2Gb Ram
8800Gts 640MB
XP Pro (Currently playing the Beta in)

EDIT: 8xAA works just as well, at this res. And it looks awesome !!

Mr_LoL
09-19-07, 12:55 PM
6 days till the demo. I have booked a holiday from work to play a frikkin demo. How silly is that?

californian1
09-19-07, 01:04 PM
still cant get AA to work .. can one of u that got aa to work post a screenshot of ur nv control panel??

and whats ur in game setting??

californian1
09-19-07, 01:06 PM
oh and for those who want to try ultra high for a change

go here:
XP
C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\My Documents\My Games\Crysis_MP_DEMO

Vista
C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\My Games\Crysis_MP_DEMO

the file:
game.ini

change these