PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

Sowk
09-29-07, 06:24 AM
Anyone willing to let me use their key for a week? I would be interested in testing out the Beta on my computer.

Maybe not even a week.

Jonelo
09-29-07, 04:06 PM
http://www.nofrag.com/2007/sep/29/26852/

Bench of the beta multi in low

http://www.nofrag.com/images/00323d.gif

And impressions of the single player in the Micromania Games Show in Paris

Je préfère donc vous avertir, à moins de deux mois de la sortie de Crysis, la bêta multi rame comme pas possible. De plus, nous étions aujourd'hui au Micromania Games Show où la campagne solo de Crysis tournait sur des PC aux allures de navette spatiale : nous ne savons pas ce qu'il y avait dans les machines, mais nous avons pu constater ce qu'elles affichaient à l'écran : un jeu splendide en 1280x1024 dont le framerate devait osciller entre 15 et 35 FPS. Autrement dit, quasiment injouable...

15 - 35 fps - estimated - at 1280x1024 , in high or very high and with AA - estimated -

A friend has been there with the author of the news and confirms to me the estimation of framerate and settings

mumstheword
09-29-07, 04:09 PM
hey J, how about them instructions you promised on the trees and stuff... ;)

BioHazZarD
09-29-07, 04:42 PM
yea care to translate that french link maybe ?

evox
09-29-07, 04:45 PM
Babelfish:

I thus prefer to inform you, with less than two months of the exit of Crysis, beta multi oar like possible step. Moreover, we were today in Micromania Games Show where the countryside solo of Crysis turned on PC to the paces of space shuttle: we do not know what there was in the machines, but we could note what they posted with the screen: a splendid play in 1280x1024 whose framerate was to oscillate between 15 and 35 FPS. In other words, almost unplayable...

Jonelo
09-29-07, 04:46 PM
hey J, how about them instructions you promised on the trees and stuff... ;)

Yes sorry

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1389018&postcount=1691

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1389475&postcount=1703

the better option is 2046 . 4096 is excesive - more than 850 vRAM usage , drops at 0 fps , unreal sharping in the shadows ,no natural

mumstheword
09-29-07, 04:48 PM
Yes sorry

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1389018&postcount=1691

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1389475&postcount=1703

the better option is 2046 . 4096 is excesive - more than 850 vRAM usage , drops at 0 fps , unreal sharping in the shadows ,no natural

i was referring to the breakable vegetation in MP, but you might not be the same person I spoke to ;)

Jonelo
09-29-07, 05:10 PM
Gluppp sorry , is another person and another petition :o

Nanosuitguy
09-29-07, 06:00 PM
Hey Janelo how much does 2046 on the shadows impact on the framerates? I have 256mb videoram.

Jonelo
09-30-07, 12:47 AM
Hey Janelo how much does 2046 on the shadows impact on the framerates? I have 256mb videoram.

With 256 mb ... GREAT

SOAD
09-30-07, 09:20 AM
how do u test how much Vram is being used?

cheers

agentkay
09-30-07, 10:10 AM
how do u test how much Vram is being used?

cheers

Rivatuner can monitor vram usage.

KasuCode
09-30-07, 06:48 PM
WTF this thread hasnt seen a post in like 8 hours. Thats a sin

giverz
09-30-07, 07:04 PM
crysis mp is a flop. tf2 is where its at. teh end.

shabby
09-30-07, 07:04 PM
The fileplanet beta is still open for payments... whodathunkit.

KasuCode
09-30-07, 07:08 PM

While I love and play TF2 alot, im still looking foward to Crysis more.

agentkay
09-30-07, 07:13 PM

Then stop threadcrapping and give somebody else your key.

|JuiceZ|
09-30-07, 10:05 PM

x2.

giverz
10-01-07, 12:14 AM

thats why i said MP, not single player.

and to the other guy, ive already given my key out, twice actually.;)

agentkay
10-01-07, 12:27 AM
and to the other guy, ive already given my key out, twice actually.;)

Thats a very good move from you actually ( :thumbsup: ) since they can try it themselves, and/or forward info to the devs what they can improve (the purpose of the beta).

I was just tired of "new" members that keep joining the forums only to post negativity left and right and don´t even contribute something positive or at least try to explain their opinion.

I personally like the MP mode, it´s a nice mixture of BF2, Quakewars and Counterstrike with a nice new tactical option (the nanosuit) and the only thing it needs is a mode with classes, but other than that they are on the right path to deliver a good MP portion.

Sgt_Pitt
10-01-07, 12:53 AM
mp crysis rocks, shame theres no aussie servers atm

Revs
10-01-07, 02:52 AM
Well my final conclusion is Crysis is gonna rock :super:

I am a FPS fan, but if ya can have this much fun on a single level that's running like poo, the full game with loads of levels running smoothly is gonna be ace. Looking forward the the demo too.

K007
10-01-07, 03:30 AM
You don't have to be an FPS fan to say..."Wow...that game looks great"..

Nanosuitguy
10-01-07, 08:17 AM
I found a list someone made of all bugs spotted in the beta... Might be some interesting reading for some :captnkill:

think he put an X for the critical bugs...

Crysis beta bugs and issues list...

- Most common graphic glitch we've seen.
x Pink and green squares on the sand textures etc.
- Colorful glitches in the water at some places at some angles.
- Only the tower on the top of the submarine is reflecting in the water, not the rest of it.
- On some systems, when on low settings, at the start much of the land is yellow/red color, it takes a few seconds for it to go normal.
x The laserpointers only show up on the ground and objects that is closer than 3 - 4 meters, over that they completely disappear.
- There is no object motion blur in the beta.
- Road sprite just outside the right main entrance to the asians HQ is floating in mid-air.

- Graphic glitches and/or messed up HDR when changing settings while the game is running.
- When spectating someone, sometimes only half of the body will be visible.
- If you are spectating and a player is looking around a corner with the lean keys, then reloads, his arms flail all over the place very spasmodically.
- Sometimes the players will lose parts of their bodies. Or when going prone, you will see part of your own body disengaged as you lie down, the geometry/textures disappear momentarily or appear in front of yourself.
- Shadow animation, while swimming, does not match actual character animations (not real time?)
x The rocky surface textures by the shallow river is missing its textures if you look from many angles, then only the gray bumpmapping is visible.

- Nuke stuck in endless loop when firing it whyle you are stuck in or under objects like cars etc.

- Joining a server that shows a time remaining of 00:00 wont connect for some reason. Wait two mins- the time is now 58:30 or so, then u can connect with no problems.
x When a server kicks you or you get disconnected or if the game crashes, sometimes the screen freezes and goes into some form of nightmode, everything gets darker, u can see some stars on the dark sky.

x Some frogs are literally flying, they will also no clip into buildings. They also fall out of the sky.
- If you shoot a frog and the terrain is leaning a bit the frogs happens to slide all the way down at the end of the slope like it would slide on ice.
x Animals clip through each other.
- Animals clip through the players legs, and through solid rocks.
- Small birds feet are clipping through the ground.
- Birds are walking underwater
- Seagulls are flapping like crazy underwater if you shoot them down from the sky and they land in the water.

x After reloading a gun it sometimes reloads again or it just take 5 seconds before you can shoot again, witch causes you to loose in a firefight.
- If you buy 1 C4 it costs 50 prestige, but if you buy a second one. It costs you 100 prestige.
- Grenade kills show up as other weapon kills in UI, this happens when someone blow you up with a tank aswell.
- Many times you will get the wrong number of kills or deaths listed. Like I'll kill one person and my score will jump up to like 24 kills, or similarly with deaths.
- Some machinegun sound (witch i believe can be a turret) sometimes get stuck in a neverending loop (happens to rarely to ern a red X).
- In the submarine, if you try to jump out of the water (on the lower level) you can get stuck in the edge between the water and walkway.
- The top palmleaves on the groundpalm plant wont bend when shooting or moving on them, only the lower leaves around the side of the plant will.
- The laserbeam from laser sights cloaks along with the weapon, seen in 3rd person.

- 2x AA is not working when using a x1950xt, only 4x and 6x and forcing AA is impossible.
x When you run into a teammate in an opening to a room or a bunker or any narrow space you can accidentally kill him and youself die aswell (this happens too often)
- You can crash somebody else's client by freezing their vehicle and punching it. I'm not entirely clear on how to do it but I've had it done to me a couple times.

- The female nanosuit voice is not working.
x Cars blow up way too easy, if you hit a teammates car with an own car it will explode even if its not a hard hit at all.
- There is no explotion sound when the pickup car explodes.
- When you exit a vehicle that is moving, you will sometimes dip into the ground then back up onto the top.
- Crafts that is parked beside the submarine is sometimes a few feet below the surface.
- While driving the boat with machinegun attached, have someone jump in from above and enter the boat while in the air, their hands will be attached to the gun, but from the shoulder all the way to the hand, the arms with flap around in a very scary manner.

- When you jump into a boat off the sub, press f in the air to enter it, then hold the "w" key and shift and you will go backwards.
- Sometimes when spawning, you will spawn halfway underground and you can't move, or spawn on TOP of the bunker.
- If you remove the scope from the LAW u can still use the scope, but it will look really weird.
x You die when you are swimming in speedmode into the bottom of a boat or hovercraft.
- When swimming in speedmode into the bottom of a boat/hover and u die as stated above you sometimes will still be alive and you get into a wired gray and downtoned spectator mode and u can fly around but you will very slowly fall if you fly up in the air, u can still see the shadow of your body witch will stand straight up with the arms right out in a strange way.

And thats it :)

Revs
10-01-07, 09:14 AM
You don't have to be an FPS fan to say..."Wow...that game looks great"..

It's not just in the graphics though. I mean the game as a whole is looking good. Level(s) is(are) good, gameplay is good, graphics are superb, etc etc.

All they need to do is sort out one or two little bugs (ok crap loads of major bugs) and release the damn thing and i'll be a happy bunny.