PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

LORD-eX-Bu
10-03-07, 01:26 AM
took me a little getting used to but now I can pick people off with the sniper :D

my favorite weapon is still the SCAR with a grenade launcher attachment and assault scope.

I've been playing around with the rocket launcher as well, I didn't know that the rocket would track your crosshairs after you fired it, SWEET! :D

Chubz
10-03-07, 02:55 AM
Finally played a little bit of it on my aging Nvidia 6150 integrated video card.

(nana2)

I played at 800x600 with everything (including sounds) on LOW, and I was getting frame rates of about 15-20 so it was playable but quite choppy and really not possible to be competitive.

Regardless, I had some good times even at those settings!

The first thing that was thrilling was hopping into a server, shifting my suit into "Strength" mode, SHIFT + POWER JUMPING up onto the top of the submarine, and shifting into "Speed" mode and then POWER RUNNING to the end of the submarine. Yes, POWER running, aka running really fast as the wind blows your hair to and fro.

For those fleeting seconds, I felt like Superman himself ready to take on anyone in my way. :D Seriously, I was flexing my muscles! You should have seen me. I was also snarling, too, although I'll leave the rest of the details out of the picture.

I hopped off the sub and tried to land on a boat but overshot my jump and landed in the water (those movie-style jumps never work out quite right for me.) I swam over to the boat and hit the 'F' key to hop into the driver's seat.. I was driving along in the water, enjoying the nice jaggified but lush scenery, when all the sudden *KABOOM* my boat explodes for no reason and I die.

Ok, so maybe I wasn't such a superhero after all, but come on, you gotta spare a n00b his life the first time he hops into his pretty little nanosuit, right? Come on, chumps!

This time I was pissed and I decided to lock'n'load to try and score my first kill. I pressed 'P' to pop open the loadout/'Buy' menu and bought dual pistols as well as a silencer and laser sight. I was feeling mighty tough with pistols in each hand, so I hopped into a boat, drove up to the shore, and hopped out to take on any foes one-on-one, man-to-man, face-to-face, suit-to-suit!

I saw a mighty big structure and shifted into Speed mode to get there quickly, but I saw some firefighting going on in the distance and turned into a coward, running into a big pile of foliage and waiting for my power to refill so that I could go into Cloak mode and go in all Predator-like. In cloak mode, I snuck up to the structure and walked inside, surveying my surroundings and thinking to myself, "Hey, this place looks pretty cool!"

What I didn't realize was that I was no longer cloaked and as I turned to my right, there stood a North Korean (enemy) foe, looking straight at me with his horribly ugly nanosuit, prepared to fire. The last things I saw .. err.. heard were a few gunshots, then suddenly I was laying on the ground and the guy who shot me went running out of the structure. (At least I scared him out, right?) :o

Regardless, I had a lot of fun my first time playing even with the bad visuals and horrible performance on my part. I have to say that I was impressed with the large number of accessories to choose from (buy) and the map size was also mighty impressive and highly detailed as well!

(P.S. I didn't take any pictures because I feared for everyone's eyesight. I'm not that cruel, ya know. I've seen prettier things growing behind my toilet!)

My *drum roll* 8800 GTX is supposed to come in tomorrow so once I pop that bad boy in, I'll crank up the settings and let you guys know how the game really plays. Maybe with some playable frame rates (ala not below 20 FPS), I will be able to really get my groove on and pump up the jam with some delicious frag'a'goo!

:afro:

mythy
10-03-07, 06:48 AM
uhhh... NDA? Or doesnt any one here at NVnews care about breaking the law? :headexplode:

SH64
10-03-07, 07:01 AM
Not maxing out 2 cores so not sure what good 4 cores is gonna be.

AI , vehicle physics , explosions + all the extra workload in SP perhaps ?

Destroy
10-03-07, 08:16 AM
uhhh... NDA? Or doesnt any one here at NVnews care about breaking the law? :headexplode:

All beta owners know its beta and are giving their initial thoughts/impressions while hoping and wait for improvements. What harm has any of this done here?

GitDat
10-03-07, 08:18 AM

That NDA is a marketing ploy. It's like leaving a little kid in the room with a big red button telling him not to push it. They say that because they know you WILL spam stuff about it and get all the hype going while you feel naughty and they're rubbing their hands together saying, "Exactly as we'd planned (nana2) MUA HA HA!!".

That said, this game looks like crap in beta form. I guess I need to wait until the final release. Disappointing so far.

Destroy
10-03-07, 08:40 AM
That said, this game looks like crap in beta form. I guess I need to wait until the final release. Disappointing so far.

How can anyone say this beta 'looks like crap' when it's the best looking outdoor game to date?

Nanosuitguy
10-03-07, 09:12 AM
But what files ?

these files ;)
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7494/inimz6.jpg

Just like u taught me in beta 2 :captnkill:

How can anyone say this beta 'looks like crap' when it's the best looking outdoor game to date?

Because he sucks and dont know anything about graphics in games?

delas52
10-03-07, 09:48 AM
I'm not impressed with performance. Comparing it to Bioshock and WiC, it looks a little better, but runs a lot worse.

einstein_314
10-03-07, 09:49 AM

If by "crap" you mean it's by far the best looking game you've seen....then I agree with you. Sure it could use some antialiasing....but besides that, it's awesome looking. Screenshots don't do it justice. It looks 1000000x better in motion.

Katana
10-03-07, 10:18 AM
even the beta has the best outdoor-environments in any game ive seen. oblivion sucks compared to crysis (even beta as i said), and i really mean SUCKS :P cant understand how ppl can think oblivion look good anyway. inside buildings maybe, but outside.. no way.

and the crysis-on-console-thing. as cevat said in the gamevideos-podcast or whichever it was; they've been playing around on consoles, testing how they perform, tried bumpmapping and stuff on PS2 etc, but he clearly stated that Crytek = PC, and they'll stay with PC in the future. Also think i heard somewhere that they could make crysis for console, but then they would have to cut down the gfx etc so the consoles could handle it, which he really didnt wanna do.

Loreman
10-03-07, 10:20 AM
Yeah Truly,

I just got into the beta last day or so and WOW!

Definitely the most amazing graphics so far. I dunno what screen shots your seeing but wait till you play it, it really does seem a cut above anything else I have seen.

The multi player is basically much like battlefield 2 but with all the bits that you wish were better in battlefield.

Amazing animation, weapon effects, oh man the explosions....amazing.

I am running it (Beta 3) at 1280x1024 with 4xAA (which sticks half the time I set it :/) and it looks very good and runs in the 30's - sometimes 40's. Generally 40+ when indoors such as the sub.

Nanosuitguy
10-03-07, 10:33 AM
cant understand how ppl can think oblivion look good anyway. inside buildings maybe, but outside.. no way.

Katana you fool, Oblivion is still one of the nr1 in outdoor graphics. Use LOD mods, Qarls texture mod with parallax mapping and add the Almost Everything VWD mod then Force 16xHQAF and 4xAA, together whit HDR on Max settings and u will have one of the very best looking games to date.

Katana
10-03-07, 10:42 AM
Katana you fool, Oblivion is still one of the nr1 in outdoor graphics. Use LOD mods, Qarls texture mod with parallax mapping and add the Almost Everything VWD mod then Force 16xHQAF and 4xAA, together whit HDR on Max settings and u will have one of the very best looking games to date.

you could make half-life (1) look good with 300 mods too, you fool :captnkill:

Revs
10-03-07, 10:44 AM
How anyone can say it looks crap is beyond me. It's obviously not. Not forgetting it hasn't got 'Very High' settings, no DX10 and no AA. The performance leaves alot to be desired, but again, IT'S A BETA.

I can see this game living up to the hype, and it's had ALOT of hype. The thing that bothers me is nVidia's top-end card aint looking like it's gonna be out this year so I just hope my set-up copes as it's gonna have alot of work to do playing this game.

As for CPU usage, it used both the cores in mine between 80 and 100% constantly, just how it should. One thing I noticed is the GPU's didn't heat up much at all. I guess it's not using them very efficiently at the mo.

Revs
10-03-07, 10:46 AM
you could make half-life (1) look good with 300 mods too, you fool :captnkill:

Oblivion look alot better on the 360 IMO

Destroy
10-03-07, 10:51 AM

True, with gfx mods Oblivion looks excellent but it's missing the quality lighting/shadow trueness that Crysis has; Crysis is better in the end. Not to mention moded Oblivion runs worse for me that Crysis does.

Revs
10-03-07, 10:52 AM
I am running it (Beta 3) at 1280x1024 with 4xAA ...

When the hell did Beta 3 come out??? I thought they where supposed to email you with info like that! Where d'ya get it?

EDIT: In answer to my own questions. The 1st, apparently not, Fileplanet. :o

jcossin
10-03-07, 11:14 AM
Finally played last night for a few hours. It was my first time playing Crysis. The graphics are amazing but frame rates on my 1920x1200 monitor were not good.

I turned down the resolution and really tried to get into the gameplay. I just couldn't. I'm a big fan of the Battlefield games and to me there's some sort of fun element missing. Death happens way too quickly, I found myself dead so many times and wondering what happened. Capturing points happens way too fast. I dunno, I just didn't dig it.

I'll probably still pick it up for the incredible graphics and single player experience but I'm not too hyped on multi player. I'm hoping Quake Wars or COD4 are going to be more fun.

Revs
10-03-07, 12:40 PM
First, turn things like Shadow detail and post-processing to medium to help increase your FPS. Second, I would get to grips with the game in a quiet room, 10/32 or less. Get used to the wepons etc, than have a go in a more full room. It took me a while to get in to it but I found it really fun after a bit.

toby77jo
10-03-07, 01:14 PM
My config:

EVGA geforce 8800 GTX (625 gpu clock/2000 mem/1550 shader)
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 @ 3.3 ghz
2 gb Corsair PC 8500 @ 1100
Vista + all updates
Forceware 163.71
DX redist August

Performance wise is OK (around 30 fps, 1680*1050, 2AA, 16AF and settings on high, very high is disabled all over the place in the menu settings), but man this reminds me of Far Cry too much, I was hoping for much more, and where is the DX10 mode? And all those wonderful vidoes we have seen when the framrate is good and the graphics is gorgeous? Why can't we see it in the Beta3 so close to be released as a final product? I am hoping I am wrong, but this game might be way overhyped!

By the way, lots of texture issues in beta3, but nice to take a little hike in the shore level in the waterfall =)

EDIT! Maybe it is a stupid comparison, but World In Conflict looks much much better and was not hyped as much, I know it is a RTS but that game is the first game that blew me away with DX10, and should have been hyped more, and would have lived up to our expectations.....

LORD-eX-Bu
10-03-07, 01:20 PM
(omg)

zoomy942
10-03-07, 01:27 PM
how do i d/l the client? LAWLZ!

|JuiceZ|
10-03-07, 01:41 PM
For those of you NEW to the Crysis Beta, please go to the official Crysis Beta forums (you received a link & password in your email) and read the FAQ. It answers 90% of the questions about the beta and sheds light to many issues.

Katana
10-03-07, 01:50 PM
I was hoping for much more, and where is the DX10 mode? And all those wonderful vidoes we have seen when the framrate is good and the graphics is gorgeous? Why can't we see it in the Beta3 so close to be released as a final product? I am hoping I am wrong, but this game might be way overhyped!

Many graphical/physics features that aint enabled in the beta, so judging the crysis gfx by the beta-gfx aint fair at all.