PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

Revs
10-04-07, 05:57 AM
LORD-eX-Bu, I think u killed me too a couple of days back with a sly-ass sniper shot, i'm sure it was you. I went on a mission to return the favor but the game ended :(

I take it you've got the same name in Crysis?

buffbiff21
10-04-07, 08:19 AM
Wow I just spent 6 hours playing. I'm getting better! 17 kills and 1500 prestige is my record so far. Bought the nuke tank but someone else took it :(

Zeus666
10-04-07, 09:12 AM
This beta is lower graphically than the previous one, with the modifications of the river and the factory of vehicles. I have issues , as if it not has AF. And I do not manage to do the modifications in the folder config to improve the game.

A member of this forum has passed a file to me config modified, I have managed to activate the sunshafts but this beta is lower than the second one. The quality of the lighting in high also seems to me to be worse and the performance to improved a bit alone

Did you try this ?

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/243316-crysis-want-make-look-amazing-gtx.html

Or this:
.................................................. ..........................................
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7919/1000gq0.png

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7005/10002zt4.png

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3673/1003dp7.png
.................................................. ..........................................

It came from Crysis Beta Forums | Video | Enabling Extra Eye Candy in Beta #3

HiCZoK4
10-04-07, 09:36 AM
is threre a way to play this offline ? aka lan etc.

becouse i got beata and key but my gaming power rig is not connected right now:(

Ninjaman09
10-04-07, 09:37 AM
I start this up and I see yellow and purple text on things instead of textures that say "shader compiling", volumetric lighting leaks through polygons, weird shadows pop up everywhere, and it runs like ****.

agentkay
10-04-07, 09:42 AM
I start this up and I see yellow and purple text on things instead of textures that say "shader compiling", volumetric lighting leaks through polygons, weird shadows pop up everywhere, and it runs like ****.

Thats normal, the shader compiler is enabled (they are trying to find/fix issues within shaders) and it should be done after a minute or two at most and it won't happen again. If it's still there after that time or doesn't get less, just report a bug in the bugtracker.

HiCZoK4
10-04-07, 09:42 AM

its loading just wait :headexplode:

qube
10-04-07, 09:44 AM
wont play crysis before the singelplayer demo
beta MP runs like crap on my pc
can set res on 1600x1200 and high settings runs like crap change res to 1024x768 medium settings runs the same as 1600x1200

Ninjaman09
10-04-07, 10:14 AM
its loading just wait :headexplode:
OK first of all, this is the only game I've ever seen this happen with, so it's not unreasonable for me to find this a bit strange. So you can dispense with the elitist bull****. Seriously where did all you tools come from? It's like the forums are overflowing with ****y newbies with a chip on their shoulder. Anyway, the lighting and shadow problems are pretty glaring. I know I'm not sporting the absolute latest hardware but my system is pretty damn good regardless and this game still looks and runs like absolute ass. I'm failing to see what the big deal is here.

Destroy
10-04-07, 10:24 AM
Crysis Beta High Res Texture pack.

Like Oblivion, would really like to see one to fix up some of the lesser textures.

FastRedPonyCar
10-04-07, 10:30 AM
I'm failing to see what the big deal is here.

It's an unoptimized beta test released for the intent to collect info from the testers on what works and what doesnt and what needs to be improved upon based on a wide array of testing hardware.

I'm not even bothering with the beta at all. I'm just going to wait until the SP demo.

dienamite
10-04-07, 10:34 AM
OK first of all, this is the only game I've ever seen this happen with, so it's not unreasonable for me to find this a bit strange. So you can dispense with the elitist bull****. Seriously where did all you tools come from? It's like the forums are overflowing with ****y newbies with a chip on their shoulder. Anyway, the lighting and shadow problems are pretty glaring. I know I'm not sporting the absolute latest hardware but my system is pretty damn good regardless and this game still looks and runs like absolute ass. I'm failing to see what the big deal is here.

If you'd looked back a page, or even over the last 10 pages or so, you would have seen dozens of explanations for the loading shaders. It wouldn't have taken more than a minute, and it would have saved you looking like a "tool".

About the dodgy shadows and slowdown, make sure you've got the latest drivers. You should be able to play the game very well using your system specs.

Jonelo
10-04-07, 10:59 AM
Did you try this ?

Or this:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7919/1000gq0.png

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7005/10002zt4.png

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3673/1003dp7.png

It came from Crysis Beta Forums | Video | Enabling Extra Eye Candy in Beta #3

The method of the first link work Zeus , thanks !!!

Destroy
10-04-07, 11:34 AM
The method of the first link work Zeus , thanks !!!

Before and after pic????

Ninjaman09
10-04-07, 11:50 AM
If you'd looked back a page, or even over the last 10 pages or so, you would have seen dozens of explanations for the loading shaders. It wouldn't have taken more than a minute, and it would have saved you looking like a "tool".
Good lord what is with you people? This site is really going to hell. Yes you're right, however I was not seeking an explanation of the shader loading thing, just commenting on it. And I wasn't in any mood to sift through 138 pages of this thread looking for an explanation. I merely came on here to post my input. Your comment is unwarranted and rude, to say the least. Thanks for supporting my claim though.
I'm not even bothering with the beta at all. I'm just going to wait until the SP demo.
Same, I've uninstalled for the time being.

v3rninater
10-04-07, 10:57 PM
My favorite thing that just makes me bust out laughin in MP Crysis, is when you have the Tac tank and you are on your last Tac. Find the nearest enemy bunker and just pull the trigger.

I've done that and just so happens that there are freindlys there, one of the classic ways to get kicked. Just tears me up when that happens, normally I don't tk or try to. But it's funny as hell for some odd reason, maybe I'm just demented that way.

:captnkill:

nutcrackr
10-04-07, 11:18 PM
lol the freeze ray is a laugh, I accidentally froze my teammate and he was on the ground for like 10 seconds :lol:

Jonelo
10-05-07, 12:49 AM
Before and after pic????

It works at least partly, I have sun shafts and have raised the resolution of the shades. But the beta 3 has a big problem with the anisotropic / the load of textures

OWA
10-05-07, 02:47 AM
I just got in the beta today and thought it looked pretty amazing. I haven't played yet though. Just spectated for a bit.

macmar
10-05-07, 03:02 AM
Plz, can borrow me someone activation key, I can get it. Think that here will be some much peoples which id yet don`t need.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-05-07, 03:08 AM
:confused:

that almost made sense but then you lost me after "Plz".

crainger
10-05-07, 03:24 AM
:rofl

I know I shouldn't laugh.

Jonelo
10-05-07, 03:42 AM
Interesting interview with Cevat Yerli

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1004.1210.04388.htm?Page=1

Crysis in consoles

Yerli: What I said was that Crysis could run on consoles. I ruled out any development whatsoever because there is no development on consoles. But whatís happening is, is people are asking me if itís possible. Of course. You can get Crysis even on the Nintendo DS. But not that Crysis - you cannot get Crysis as it is on PC on any console

Dx10.1

Yerli: The features that it supports are not critical. The difference is so minimal. You would have to have two more generations of graphics hardware to really consider making a DX10.1 only game where the [DX10.1] features then would become significant if actually used right. I didnít look at 10.1 because for me, I just looked at our engineers and said, ďNo, donít need it in the next 12 months.Ē (laughs) Thatís all I need to know right now.

From what I understand, even if you had the next generation of 10.1 hardware, it would be too slow to use the features. You would have to wait two more generations in order to get a real benefit from it. Remember, Matrix introduced environmental bump mapping almost 6-7 years ago? Normal Mapping and bump mapping just made it in the four years since then. In fact, Far Cry was the first normal mapped game to ship. When you look at it this way, itís the same as 10.1. 10.1 will become actual or three years from now. But not now.

GI: So you donít think developers are going to be using the feature set in the next year or so?

Yerli: Well if they do itís their own choice. We wont. I mean we as a technical pushing Ė leading company wouldnít do that. And I wonder why anyone else would do that either. I would say to all gamers, donít worry about 10.1 what-so-ever. We are a DX10 game, not 10.1, and your investment in DX10 hardware if you did it already, is fine.

FAR CRY 2

Yerli: Itís great. Iím really looking forward to it because itís going to be really cool to play the sequel to your own creation. So itís going to be really good. Iím happy that the differences from FarCry are pretty strong. At first I was a bit disappointed at a melancholic personal level, but itís a good idea because it allows it and Crysis to co-exist. It allows FarCry 2 to exist without competing too much. Time wise, the release dates are not competitive to us, which is good. At this stage it makes me very happy, and Iím looking forward to it. Itís strong on the concept, the demos that theyíve talked about so far, it sounds very promising. In fact it reminds me of the initial concepts we were talking about FarCry 2 back then. Even some initial concepts we had for Crysis in some regards, but we decided not to do them for some other reasons..... I hope that with FarCry 2 it will be more outdoors and have freedom, and AI tactics like we started with it, and wider. And great, I have a game to play again! Iím sincerely looking forward to

Bioshock

As a developer, you look at a first-person shooter completely analytical. Unlike if I play a racing game, I just enjoy the racing game, for example. So I donít play shooters that much in my private time because I donít want to make shooters from the sense of learning from other games that might have influence. But for me if I play BioShock, I was a bit upset at first with myself because I started analyzing the game. But then I started to have a good time with BioShock. Iíve only played the demo so far. I said, ďthey could have done this and this and this.Ē But you know what? They pulled it off well. Itís an indoor game. It sounds like Iím downplaying it. Itís an oppressive, strong narrative game, very cerebral literary, very Dostoyevsky - thatís about the ambience that is created through the VO which is great for Bioshock

HALO 3

Yerli: No. I donít want to talk bad about it. The trailer looked great. I know there are millions of people who love it. I tried to play Halo 1, I tried to play Halo 2. (laughs) I really didnít get it. It didnít get me, well I bought copies though Again, conversely the Bioshock demo got me. Itís not that itís not possible, but console shooters are at the level of PC shooters 5-6 years ago. The gameplay has to be more sophisticated Ė more thinking then shooting. If the game is a bit more mature in shooters on consoles, a good example is BioShock on 360 may interest me because itís the same as on PC. Itís a strong title. Call of Duty 4 may interest me on console, certainly it looks sophisticated. It may interest me on PC, as well. Enough competition talk. (laughs)

About the porting to consoles of the FPS

Yerli: No, trust me. If we would bring it to console we would keep the sophistication. We would just make it so people could play it with the joypad and that it would be a great time. We would not dumb down the experience. We would make sure people stay completely immersed. The AI and our gameplay dynamic is our heart. We canít change that. If you change that, you lose Crysis. Itís the same way with the difference between FarCry and FarCry: Instincts. Youíre not supposed to touch the heart. If you operate on the heart, you may kill it. So you have to work it on the UI level, on the level design level, but do not change the heart. If the game is too difficult, make sure the UI can compensate for it. Or if the AI is too difficult make sure the level design offers more leeway and covers for the player. But the core gameplay is intensive, smart and still challenging.

8900gt
10-05-07, 06:03 AM
It works at least partly, I have sun shafts and have raised the resolution of the shades. But the beta 3 has a big problem with the anisotropic / the load of textures

Would you give me detail method of openning sun shafts in beta3? I thought sun shafts controlled by server side, right?

Jonelo
10-05-07, 06:22 AM