PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Beta Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

mcbacker
10-07-07, 08:12 PM
^ im offering a person 5.. i think thats the better deal thankkkk youoooo

U can buy a key in FP... U$ 5,95...

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/crysis/beta/

MC

californian1
10-07-07, 08:21 PM
^ heh yeah, its still open for subscriber

anyway just finish another game 73 kills 19 deaths, colonel

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/powerdu112/Crysis2007-10-0716-23-49-56111.jpg

Chubz
10-07-07, 08:47 PM
Hey californian, I can see that you are damned good at this game but can you please give us some tips on how you play and how to get such a high kill/death ratio?

I just got out of a round where I was 11-5 and I was pretty proud of that, but most of the time I'm about 1:1 with just as many deaths as kills.

I found out a little while ago that staying in armor mode in almost every situation is usually the key for killing people with an assault rifle because even if I engage someone up close and they've surprised me by being in cloak mode, by the time I start shooting them, their energy is all the way down and shield mode won't save them so it's almost a sure-fire kill unless I screw up badly.

Also here are my takes on the modes so far and how I like them:

Armor mode - The best mode in my opinion; basically turns you into a grunt and makes you very hard to take down especially with a fully charged suit. Also good for protecting yourself from long falls, although any huge fall will turn you into mush!

Speed mode - Almost useless, drains energy extremely quickly. I very rarely use this and prefer to use vehicles instead to get me places fast. (I always hop out before I reach my location so that I don't alert everyone even with the following explosion.) Also, if I ever need to sprint behind cover without someone being able to pop me, I prefer cloak mode for that purpose.

Strength mode - Great for sneaking up on people and punching them for a one-to-two hit kill and also good for reaching high places (a sniper's dream), but otherwise not all that great. I don't use this very often because jumping high is little more than a good way to give yourself away and absolutely CRUSHES your energy especially if you jump two or three times in a row. Also an important note: Strength mode reduces recoil so this makes it even more suitable for snipers. I rarely snipe anyone (I prefer reflex sight + silencer) however, so strength mode's strengths (tongue twister!) don't really fit my playing style.

Cloak mode - An excellent option for those in danger or who want to infiltrate the enemy base while keeping as low a profile as possible. There's really not much else to say about it - it's not 100% great since moving drains your energy very quickly, but it's excellent for capping bases without being seen since standing still drains your energy VERY slowly (one energy point every two seconds it seems.. and if you have 100 energy, it will take quite a while for it to completely run down.) Also, a tactic I love is to quickly go into cloak mode as soon as I spawn and stay in it while purchasing weapons; this has helped me evade spawn killing numerous times.

evox
10-07-07, 09:27 PM

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/powerdu112/Crysis2007-10-0716-23-49-56111.jpg

amazing score man :)

Zeus666
10-08-07, 01:45 PM
Crysis intro from CeBIT Eurasia 2-7 October 2007 Istanbul, Turkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOFBN4gcd1Y

Nanosuitguy
10-08-07, 02:01 PM

Stop boosting dude, noone is impressed...

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1822/crysisownagefn4.jpg

Destroy
10-08-07, 03:01 PM
WTF? How did you get such high kill to death ratio?? Sniper?

Aside, how the heck do you change seat positions once inside a vehicle? I can't find the key to switch from passenger seat to drivers seat. Help.

Oh and the parachute I found out 'autoactivates' after you fall a certain distance. No distance is high enough in the beta map and Space is the key to deploy it onces its 'activated'.

LOL, so much fun talking over enemy spawn bunkers. I stood in one bunker for a good 15 sec with 3 different guys spawning at the same time. I didn't shoot right away, just stood there. We all 4 just looked at each other for 15 sec until one of them finally figured out I was the bad guy and started shooting. I dropped a grenade just before I died. BOOM!! LOL!! Something really needs to be done about how similar everyone looks like. Very hard to tell who's who.

Gnaddel
10-08-07, 03:05 PM
You can change seats by pressing the nuber keys. The driver seat is 1, 2 gunner and 3 passenger. (Or 2 passenger if there is nothing to shoot with ;))

Could someone tell me witch option enables this extreme motion blur if set to high? Can't stand that but I'm to lazy to try all options.... :D

wysiwyg
10-08-07, 03:58 PM
i havent played the mp beta much, found it a little boring :o

wrathofgod
10-08-07, 04:43 PM
You can change seats by pressing the nuber keys. The driver seat is 1, 2 gunner and 3 passenger. (Or 2 passenger if there is nothing to shoot with ;))

Could someone tell me witch option enables this extreme motion blur if set to high? Can't stand that but I'm to lazy to try all options.... :D

Post Processing...set to medium or low.

Ara23
10-08-07, 04:53 PM
I <3 using sniper in this, shot a guy from 400 meters away with 4x zoom while he was fighting my team mate, great game/beta from what I've played.

whorable
10-08-07, 06:21 PM
I <3 using sniper in this, shot a guy from 400 meters away with 4x zoom while he was fighting my team mate, great game/beta from what I've played.

Technically, thats possible with a standard Assault Rifle in real life.

I dont think games properly estimate distance in Meters correctly.

I remember shooting 300meter targets in the Army and you cant even see a bodys shape with iron sights at 300 meters in this game.

Destroy
10-09-07, 01:00 AM
The cheaters are coming...

http://www.msxsecurity.com/crysishacks.php

californian1
10-09-07, 01:09 AM

lol only 53 kills

Chubz
10-09-07, 01:24 AM

Except me and several others? ;)

F' 'em.

F' 'em all.

Chubz
10-09-07, 01:26 AM
i havent played the mp beta much, found it a little boring :o

In a full server (with 32 players) and the ability to quickly reach anywhere on the map, how can it be boring? Sometimes it can get downright insane, especially fighting around and inside the larger buildings such as the Prototype Facility or whatever it's called near the middle of the map. I swear, that place is just like a deathtrap for me! So many entrances and places to be shot from.. ouch!

:headexplode:

What do you think is most boring about it?

buffbiff21
10-09-07, 03:50 AM
Man, I've been getting hosed lately. Seriously. I get like 5 kills and then die 20 times. :headexplode:

Nanosuitguy
10-09-07, 06:53 AM
lol only 53 kills
Ye only lol, but you died like 20 times and i died 5 times. Its all about skills, not spamming...

evox
10-09-07, 07:51 AM
I am fine with 1:1 ratios :) personally, I just equip SCAR or something similar, get Silencer and make sure I'm using Maximum Armor mode. not effective against people who hit you with a rocket launcher Inside a bunker (grrr) but outside, it works pretty well.

Hey, are you Aragoth in Crysis?

Destroy
10-09-07, 09:41 AM
Rocket launcher is stupid easy 1 shot 1 kill weapon. Blast radius doesn't seem to damage the shooter at all. Indoors RL is a total noob weapon. :(

Only thing I don't like about this game is fire fights are often over in a matter of seconds. Round the corner and meet an enemy, 1 of us will die in a matter of 3 sec or less, most of the time.

Sowk
10-09-07, 09:45 AM

Websites and companies like these should be shutdown, and sued for anything and everything they have.

Isn't illegal to "sell" unauthorized mods. I think every company that they have cheats for sues the **** out of them.

Close down these F'ing loser companies. Also if you have to cheat to win, you F'ing suck too.

Nanosuitguy
10-09-07, 10:09 AM
Only thing I don't like about this game is fire fights are often over in a matter of seconds. Round the corner and meet an enemy, 1 of us will die in a matter of 3 sec or less, most of the time.

Its like that with almost all FPS games if you think about it, counter-strike, rainbow six, battlefield 2,call of duty, stalker, FEAR, etc. Then u have the "unreal" ones, unreal tournament, doom, quake, those kind of games where u can last longer in firefights... But i dont like that. I like it more realistic =P

nutcrackr
10-09-07, 10:16 AM
still playing this pretty much as much as tf2 beta so thats a good sign. I still think netcode could be improved to the level of bf2 or better. Vehicles especially being in one you aren't driving is not as smooth as it should be, players still do warp in and out a bit. If they tighten the netcode up more then I'll be playing this for a while I think.

Oh and it was awesome for the australian crytek dev to organise not 1, not 2, but 6 aussie servers :)

six_storm
10-09-07, 10:46 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26124.html

Pretty nice video. Crytek says that when we get the demo in our hands, we will be happy they delayed it. Oh well, we have a ton of demos and games coming this week to keep us busy until then.

californian1
10-09-07, 12:30 PM
Ye only lol, but you died like 20 times and i died 5 times. Its all about skills, not spamming...

yeah it takes skill to kill someone shooting at u with FY71, SCAR, at close distance ie 10 feet , in this case enemy fires back

vs

someone camps and shoots a someone else who doesnt shoot back at long distance with sniper rifle
in this case enemy deosnt, jeez i wonder which takes more skill

lol and u were only captain thats weak , thats not even close to colonel, let alone general, thats what happen when u camp and snipe , vs capture bunkers/factory