PDA

View Full Version : Creative Console Launcher 2.40.09 released

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
09-10-07, 09:09 PM
This download contains the Creative Console Launcher application for use with the audio devices listed below in Microsoft® Windows Vista™. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following devices only:

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Elite Pro
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Creative PCI Express® Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Install this application to enjoy the full features of your audio device in Windows Vista.

Requirements:

Windows Vista 64-bit or Windows Vista 32-bit
Creative audio devices listed above
Notes:

Before installing Console Launcher, download and install the latest web driver for your audio device, if available.

To install the application
Download the CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_40_09.exe file onto your local hard disk.
Double-click the downloaded file.
Follow the instructions on the screen.

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download2.asp?MainCategory=209&Product=14000&dlcentric=10155&Product_Name=Sound+Blaster+X%2DFi+Fatal1ty&filetype=3&OSName=Windows+Vista+64-bit

DRen72
09-11-07, 09:37 AM
I have an X-Fi XtremeGamer, but this "update" said I had no supported products. I tried it twice then gave up since I didn't think it was a big update anyway.

wysiwyg
09-11-07, 11:28 AM
I have an X-Fi XtremeGamer, but this "update" said I had no supported products. I tried it twice then gave up since I didn't think it was a big update anyway.

i have the same, will try when i get home from work in 3 hours

newfiejudd
09-11-07, 11:38 AM
Yup me too. Won't install. No supported device..

CaptNKILL
09-11-07, 11:54 AM
Holy crap... I think this is the first time Creative has released sound card configuration software online. :eek:

nekrosoft13
09-11-07, 04:36 PM
Holy crap... I think this is the first time Creative has released sound card configuration software online. :eek:

did you install it? i want to see screenshot before i download

[EOCF] Tim
09-11-07, 05:55 PM
did you install it? i want to see screenshot before i download

It's exactly the same as you get with XP, the fancy console center etc, it works fine, no problems so far! :)

Finally these Vista drivers seem complete.

einstein_314
09-11-07, 06:14 PM
Holy crap! This is blowing my mind! Downloading now!! I haven't had the console since I went to vista.....last december on RC2! Wowzers! Screenshots to come!

EDIT:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1097/untitledcz6.jpg

Installed with no problems on Vista x64.

einstein_314
09-11-07, 06:33 PM
Ok so how do you make it start with windows and stay minimized in the taskbar?

[EOCF] Tim
09-12-07, 02:43 AM
Ok so how do you make it start with windows and stay minimized in the taskbar?

I don't think you can, I just made a shortcut to the modeswitcher on the desktop. :)

CaptNKILL
09-12-07, 04:26 AM
The "volume panel" program is the one that sits in the taskbar...

Is it included in this package?

I already have the panel in Vista because I downloaded the Vista X-Fi driver CD. Unless the new one adds something new, I'm sticking with what I have.

crainger
09-12-07, 04:38 AM
No, it's just the console as pictured above. Doesn't add anything over the basic one included with the drivers, except the EQ settings. Which is nice as it's much better than the iTunes EQ.

newfiejudd
09-12-07, 06:06 AM
Awsome redownlaoded and it installed just fine. At least now we have a decent looking control panel in Vista. Thanks for the linky.

Well I must say with the Q6600 and this Sound card my system is getting ready for Crysis..Wish I could have gotten my hands on the beta.

wysiwyg
09-12-07, 06:53 AM
dloaded last night and it said device not found :s in vista x86

i like the control panel in xp tho so would be nice in vista too

DRen72
09-12-07, 09:03 AM
I already have the panel in Vista because I downloaded the Vista X-Fi driver CD. Unless the new one adds something new, I'm sticking with what I have.Ah...same here. Guess that explains it. We already had the goodies.

nekrosoft13
09-12-07, 09:05 AM
Holy crap! This is blowing my mind! Downloading now!! I haven't had the console since I went to vista.....last december on RC2! Wowzers! Screenshots to come!

EDIT:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1097/untitledcz6.jpg

Installed with no problems on Vista x64.

oh its that thing, don't need that

crainger
09-12-07, 10:26 PM
Yeah. 52mb just for that old thing. It looks nice, but as always it's slow and a little clunky.

malachi1313
09-12-07, 11:13 PM
This is only for 64 bit

nekrosoft13
09-13-07, 12:17 AM
This is only for 64 bit

no its not

Slammin
09-13-07, 12:37 AM
Yeah. 52mb just for that old thing. It looks nice, but as always it's slow and a little clunky.

But folks asked for it. It's here. Not sure what to say about the slow and clunky statement.

Really,

Why can't we accept progress for what it is instead of putting a negative twist everytime it happens?

I mean really, would we be better off if this wasn't developed for us?

wysiwyg
09-13-07, 04:59 AM
Worked for me after i re-downloaded (nana2)

jass
09-13-07, 10:21 AM
I think it is good sign that they released this software for Vista.
Some people are okay with just the driver but some want all the blows and whistles, that's cool, thanks for sharing!

Dragunov
09-13-07, 01:57 PM
Even uninstalling the older version I have, sweet

crainger
09-13-07, 05:44 PM
Is anyone running this and the Bioshock beta drivers? Should I even bother with the beta drivers?

breathemetal
09-13-07, 06:13 PM
After the beta drivers screwed up my sound, and after i spent a good 30 minutes cleaning every bit of "Creative-ness" from my machine, I got the official drivers installed and I threw on this.

Works great now!

:thumbsup: