PDA

View Full Version : Control Panel not opening up.

thereisnospoon
09-11-07, 12:47 AM
I recently upgraded my graphics card to the Geforce 8800 GTX. I installed the latest drivers from the nvidia site. The problem is, whenever I try to open the control panel, the desktop blinks but nothing opens. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

XFX Support
09-11-07, 12:59 PM
How long do you wait, as I have seen in the driver notes it could take up to a few minutes for the NVIDIA control panel to first open after the driver install. Have you tried the beta driver as well to see if you have the same problem with that one?

thereisnospoon
09-12-07, 12:34 AM
How long do you wait, as I have seen in the driver notes it could take up to a few minutes for the NVIDIA control panel to first open after the driver install. Have you tried the beta driver as well to see if you have the same problem with that one?

I am aware of that, and my computer has been on for a little over a day. Yes, I've tried the new beta drivers, but still not working.

Armed_Baboon
09-12-07, 09:56 PM
that can sometimes happen if you have a windows update waiting to be installed. if this is the cause, then you should see a little windows update icon in the tray, and you won't be able to open it up.

thereisnospoon
09-12-07, 10:17 PM
that can sometimes happen if you have a windows update waiting to be installed. if this is the cause, then you should see a little windows update icon in the tray, and you won't be able to open it up.

Actually I do, but I'm getting an error while trying to install the update. That's probably the reason, I'll see how I can resolve it.

Hoopla
09-12-07, 10:18 PM
There is a registry hack to enable it. Can't remember where I got it. Try to Google it.

DeusGear
09-13-07, 12:43 AM
For the registry hack, make a notepad text and paste:
@net stop "Software Licensing"
@net start "Software Licensing"

Then rename it to fix.bat (make sure you have in options extensions view).

thereisnospoon
09-13-07, 04:27 AM
For the registry hack, make a notepad text and paste:
@net stop "Software Licensing"
@net start "Software Licensing"

Then rename it to fix.bat (make sure you have in options extensions view).

What do you mean by options extensions view?

Hoopla
09-13-07, 10:04 AM
There you go: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=9&t=11627

3NZ0
09-13-07, 09:08 PM
What do you mean by options extensions view?Where it says 'save as type', there is a drop down box. Select all files.

This allows the .bat extension to work as it should, instead of being fix.bat.txt. (which is a text file)