PDA

View Full Version : My fisrt X-Fi ,Wheres the support?

XDanger
09-11-07, 06:56 PM
I want that THX panel and an equalizer, How do I get that without ordering a cd(that is out of stock by the way)?

I bought it 2nd hand so no cd of any sort.

Rakeesh
09-11-07, 07:16 PM
Wait...they put a THX logo on the box, and don't even give you the software you need in order to be able to use the THX features? Wow, that's sh*tty.

I wouldn't worry about THX anyways though, it is mostly meaningless unless you have a pretty nice ($1,000+) set of speakers and know how to properly calibrate them. An equalizer is always a good thing to have though.

Q
09-11-07, 08:01 PM
If you have Vista, you have to run some Asian guys software to half-ass hack it to work. Under XP you need the CD, which should have come with the X-Fi.

DansFace
09-11-07, 08:07 PM
You got to order the driver cd from creative...

it's like 10$.. or find a iso of it online

Q
09-11-07, 08:22 PM
Since when did they start charging for the driver CD? Did I miss the memo?

Edit: Just read about 2nd hand.

Xion X2
09-11-07, 08:32 PM
I don't think his is going to work in Vista; he has the XtremeAudio.

From what I've heard, those are not Vista compatible. They use a different sound chip, I believe.

Q
09-11-07, 08:34 PM
I've found one online... YHPM.

nekrosoft13
09-11-07, 09:03 PM
Wait...they put a THX logo on the box, and don't even give you the software you need in order to be able to use the THX features? Wow, that's sh*tty.

no its not ****ty,

1) he bought it second hand, so the seller should supply the CD

2) speaking of the BOX, it also mentions on the box XP support only, it no where says that it will work with vista.

Q
09-11-07, 09:08 PM
2) speaking of the BOX, it also mentions on the box XP support only, it no where says that it will work with vista.

It's always been my opinion that companies FULLY support their flagship products.

Rakeesh
09-11-07, 09:40 PM
If by chance you do have a decent set of speakers, just pair it with a modern receiver that has one of those auto-calibration features. They are pretty accurate and rarely make the same mistakes that most people do when they calibrate them by hand.

I myself prefer to let my Onkyo TX-SR605 automatically configure its own equalizer, delayer, balance, trebble, bass, etc, and I disable all of the sound card options as they would serve only to throw things out of whack.

AngelGraves13
09-11-07, 10:23 PM
I ordered mine from Creative directly and it came with the Vista installation disc! I had thought it wouldn't and downloaded the torrent of it. Now if only some new drivers came out to improve Bioshock's performance a bit more.

nekrosoft13
09-11-07, 11:00 PM
I ordered mine from Creative directly and it came with the Vista installation disc! I had thought it wouldn't and downloaded the torrent of it. Now if only some new drivers came out to improve Bioshock's performance a bit more.

there is a beta driver for bioshock improvement, it should be final soon

Slammin
09-12-07, 01:41 AM
Wow,

Just skimming mind you, but notice the immediate and direct attacks, with no concern at all that the OP bought the card second-hand?

I mean it was like a gloves-off reaction against Creative because someone that happened upon a Creative product posted a question in a forum.

I'll keep reading this thread, but what I've already read is that some are pissed that Creative did not provide a support CD to someone that bought a Creative card second-hand.

Maybe I should just go back to my pr0n surfing.

andy_nv
09-12-07, 09:05 AM
If it's for Vista, you can find the complete software suite here (http://www.station-drivers.com/page/sb%20xfi.htm). :)
(multi-language, don't be scared by the French description)

SOAD
09-12-07, 11:29 AM
will this work for an OEM Xtrememusic brought in nov last year??

cheers

Q
09-12-07, 11:39 AM
Wow,

Just skimming mind you, but notice the immediate and direct attacks, with no concern at all that the OP bought the card second-hand?

I mean it was like a gloves-off reaction against Creative because someone that happened upon a Creative product posted a question in a forum.

I'll keep reading this thread, but what I've already read is that some are pissed that Creative did not provide a support CD to someone that bought a Creative card second-hand.

Maybe I should just go back to my pr0n surfing.

Ha, yeah I totally missed that for my first couple posts. I thought he might have edited in the second line, but its likely I just misread it.

My problem with Creative was thier lack of software for the X-Fi under Vista. It seems that its finally been "leaked" but still wasn't present on their website as of a few days ago when I last checked.

XDanger
09-12-07, 01:30 PM
actually vista cd's arent supplied with full retail versions of my X-Fi eXtreme Music (not Audio im happy to say but I payed the same price as it was mislabeled in the shop) so the vitriol is still warranted.

XDanger
09-12-07, 01:34 PM
If it's for Vista, you can find the complete software suite here (http://www.station-drivers.com/page/sb%20xfi.htm). :)
(multi-language, don't be scared by the French description)

Nice one Thanks :)

Ive been trying the rapidshare and dl,ing the last 7z file as a torrent, This french thing is much faster ,I hope it works.

THIS IS ALL LEGAL BY THE WAY ISNT IT???????????

the CD is free afterall ,not the p&p though

Why dont Creative host the iso? or full suite.exe file???

andy_nv
09-12-07, 02:37 PM
Nice one Thanks :)

Ive been trying the rapidshare and dl,ing the last 7z file as a torrent, This french thing is much faster ,I hope it works.

THIS IS ALL LEGAL BY THE WAY ISNT IT???????????

the CD is free afterall ,not the p&p though

Why dont Creative host the iso? or full suite.exe file???
Legal ? It's an interesting question, I don't remember Creative asking them to pull it down.
On the other hand Creative doesn't play fair here asking money for the CD instead of hosting the files.
This thing has been going on for at least a couple of years. I remember when I was still in hardware sales and we were receiving bulk Creative cards and sometimes not enough CDs to cover them all. Needless to say customers were pissed off and we got at a point where we just made copies of the other CDs.

On a recent note, they initially planned to charge Audigy users for the Alchemy software, figures. :rolleyes:

XDanger
09-12-07, 06:47 PM
actually vista cd's arent supplied with full retail versions of my X-Fi eXtreme Music (not Audio im happy to say but I payed the same price as it was mislabeled in the shop) so the vitriol is still warranted.
they need to go back in time and fix that, who cares if the box left the factory before vista was released.
hic

AngelGraves13
09-12-07, 08:46 PM
there is a beta driver for bioshock improvement, it should be final soon

Yeah, I tried it but had to revert as I had no sound in iTunes or Windows Media Player, and Windows would only output sound if it was set to 16 bit 48 KHz.

XDanger
09-15-07, 02:41 PM
That French link worked wonderfully, It gave me a starting point where I could update from,
I have no console for XP yet though

andy_nv
09-17-07, 08:13 AM
For XP I think it's the "Pack complet pour Sound Blaster X-Fi/Audigy 1/2/4/SB Live sous Windows 2000/Xp 32/64bits multi langues (350Mo) + info" on the same link (the 6th in row).

Vik1dk
09-17-07, 11:29 AM
All creative ISOs, thanks to badboy :thumbsup:
http://badboy.hub.io/

XDanger
09-17-07, 01:58 PM
I think I tried it but got "no compatible device" probly have to start from scratch yes?