PDA

View Full Version : Vista, 8800GTS 640mb SLI and World of Warcraft

Wanell
09-13-07, 01:21 AM
As it seems WoW seems to be majorly under performing considering my PC's setup.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:
2046MB RAM
Hard Drive:
400 GB
Video Card:
2x Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce 640MB 8800 GTS
Monitor:
BenQ FP92W (Analog)
Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.070627-1500)

Any other game I run on full graphic settings and 1440x920 resolution (HL2 in a full 32 player game for example), I am hitting around ~320 FPS.

But when I'm running WoW on full graphics and the above mentioned resolution, I'm sitting on around 60 FPS standing in Ironforge with people standing around me, looking into a corner ~210 FPS, full instance with a 25man raid standing around me casting spells 40-50 FPS.

I've made sure SLI was turned on in the nVidia Control Panel, made sure the SLI ribbon cable was connected properly to the cards. Updated to the latest vista drivers, (the beta ones as well I believe, posting from work, don't know the exact driver #) don't have vsync turned on.

Now, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and have found a fix.

Ikshaar
09-14-07, 01:13 PM
a) in the driver PDF you will see there is mention that WoW performed poorly under Vista with current drivers (and has always been actually).

b) WoW FPS is also somehow limited by server's population.

But combined with the lack of 3D sound that's why I reinstalled XP ;)

wiskerbizkit
09-18-07, 02:40 AM
World of Warcraft, though it says it support SLi, truly doesn't. It "supports" it. as in the game can start. but if you look at temps/load-balancing graph it only uses 1 gpu. I found this out when i bought a 7950gx2 last year. they have no plans of fixing it and if you say anything about it in the blizzard tech support forum they pretty much flame you for having such a good card to play wow on.