PDA

View Full Version : ntune still broken

RanCorX2
09-13-07, 08:54 AM
has anyone got ntune profiles working?

last few builds and the latest are useless as the profiles won't fekin load ahhh!

it just gives me a error:

"There has been a problem loading C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\Profiles\sysdflt.nsu"

[EOCF] Tim
09-13-07, 10:40 AM
Dude, nTune is always broken, it's made broken. :thumbdwn:

I've never been able to properly use it, always bugs galore.

RanCorX2
09-13-07, 10:44 AM
makes you think, why they even bother updating it? they never fix it properly.

Lith1um
09-13-07, 10:57 AM
I cried the day gpu overclocking left the drivers and went to nTune.

nTune is a huge pile of flaming crap. It's always been broke in one way or another. Imo it should be a source of continued embarrassment for nVidia, but it seems they dont have much time to spend considering software quality control. Or at least it seems that way.

RanCorX2
09-13-07, 10:59 AM
is it broken on xp or just on vista?

Dragunov
09-13-07, 12:41 PM
I hope nvidia is gonna fix nTune, cause it has potential, only a pity there are a lot of bugs in it ....

methimpikehoses
09-13-07, 01:01 PM
ntune is teh suck. I got it to sort of work in XP for a while, but never in Vista.

[EOCF] Tim
09-13-07, 04:32 PM
Lol I changed the FSB by 5Mhz, and it locked up. :D :o :p

GrimD
09-15-07, 03:58 AM
Hurray I think I solved this issue (nana2), been annoying me for ages!

OK first the version of ntune I'm using is 5.05.47.00_ntune_winxp_international. The solution is relay simple. You can open the profile (.nus) files in notepad and they are just a list of settings to be changed. I compared the default sysdflt file (which I could load) with a file I saved that just increased the GPUs core to 600. every thing was the same except the GPU clock (obviously) and 3 values of the Voltage Settings section as below.

Sysdflt
[VoltageSettings]
CPUFAN=-1
AUXFAN1=-1
GPUFAN3D=0

My file
[VoltageSettings]
CPUFAN=15
AUXFAN1=9
GPUFAN3D=59

I found if the main value that was breaking the loading for me was the cpufan being 15 if I set this to -1 same as the sysdflt file and saved my file then I could load it in ntune with no problems changing all three of the values to the sysdflt file settings doesn't seem to do any harm either.

Why this breaks it and or it is being saved wrong and or nvidia can't fix it is beyond me.

RanCorX2
09-15-07, 11:18 AM
so you've fixed the broken loading of profiles? that annoying gay ntune server error?

doesn't work, still won't let me load a profile even the default one won't load. i can alter settings and apply them but can't reload them on rebooting....sigh

GrimD
09-16-07, 04:15 AM
After editing the file I can set it to load on startup and don't get the error loading profile any more in the version I have. Don't know if the version has any thing to do with it but on the version before I couldn't load the default one either. Only after I installed the newest I could so I tried editing the text file and it worked for me.

Hopefully my post may help some one else :)

RanCorX2
09-16-07, 12:31 PM
which bits did you edit GrimD?

GrimD
09-16-07, 04:14 PM
Its all in my first post.
My file
[VoltageSettings]
CPUFAN=15 changed to -1
AUXFAN1=9 changes to -1
GPUFAN3D=59 changed to 0
so they matched the Sysdflt file values. If you can't successfully load the sysdflt file it probably wont help you though. If you can load it then just open the file you cant load and the sysdflt file in notepad, compare them and make every thing the same in your file to the sysdflt file except the values you need to keep (GPU for example)

jabloomf1230
09-19-07, 07:49 PM
Its all in my first post.
My file
[VoltageSettings]
CPUFAN=15 changed to -1
AUXFAN1=9 changes to -1
GPUFAN3D=59 changed to 0
so they matched the Sysdflt file values. If you can't successfully load the sysdflt file it probably wont help you though. If you can load it then just open the file you cant load and the sysdflt file in notepad, compare them and make every thing the same in your file to the sysdflt file except the values you need to keep (GPU for example)

If you can find version 5.05.49.0 of nTune (which is floating around the Internet), instead of 5.05.47.0, this problem has been corrected in the newer version. But the "fix" described in this thread also works. The new Forceware (mobo) chipset drivers for the 520/560 v12.15 also have the newer version of nTune. Use Winzip or Winrar to unpack the package and open the nTune folder.

RanCorX2
09-20-07, 03:30 PM
If you can find version 5.05.49.0 of nTune (which is floating around the Internet), instead of 5.05.47.0, this problem has been corrected in the newer version. But the "fix" described in this thread also works. The new Forceware (mobo) chipset drivers for the 520/560 v12.15 also have the newer version of nTune. Use Winzip or Winrar to unpack the package and open the nTune folder.

thanks for the heads up, downloading updates version now, also i eventually figured it out what GrimD meant as my profile shows;

[BoardConfiguration]
Version=200
CPU=40fb2
MCP=1121
GPU=Radeon X1950 Pro

[ClockSettings]
FSBMHZ=230
AGPMHZ=2500
PCIe2MHZ=0
TRAS=7
TRCD=1
TRP=1
TRC=6
TWR=1
TRRD=0
TRWT=2
TWTR=1
TWRRD=0
TWRWR=1
TRDRD=0
TREF=0
HTMULTIPLIER=4

[VoltageSettings]
CPUVOLTAGE=-1
NFORCEVOLTAGE=-1
MEMVOLTAGE=-1
AGPVOLTAGE=-1
AUXVOLTAGE=-1
CPUFAN=-1
AUXFAN1=-1
GPUFANPERIOD=-1
GPUFAN3D=-1
GPUFAN2D=-1
HTCPUSPPVOL=-1
HTSPPMCPVOL=-1
NFORCEFAN=-1
AUX1FAN=-1
AUX2FAN=-1

all the gpu settings were what was causing it to not load on my system, now i've oc'd my amd x2 3800+ cpu, 2.00ghz > 2.30ghz.