PDA

View Full Version : Stranglehold: version differences/strengths/weaknesses.

nightmare beta
09-14-07, 09:29 PM
Well, now that all 3 demoes are out, how do they compare to one another?

I think they may be largely similar, but I have yet to download the pc demo (or any of them).

I'm not going to pay for a subscription for my x360 (haven't touched the damn thing since june of last year), and I don't have a ps3.

1337_Like_ThaT
09-23-07, 03:28 AM
After having gone through the Xbox 360 version and PS3 version about 3 times each now, very similar in graphics except I'll encounter an instance of lag about 1-2 times in the PS3 demo.....

I would normally buy this on the xBox360 as a result but because the LE version of PS3 will have HardBoiled included, I'm going for the PS3 version :afro:

1337_Like_ThaT
09-24-07, 03:38 AM
Yeah, Hardboiled on Blu-Ray is DEFINITELY worthy of picking up the LE version. There were rumors floating around that it was simply a DVD version of the movie on the game disc, but the devs confirmed that it was actually the HD version of the film.

Whoa serious HD version of the film? Do you have any link saying prooving this? Not that i don't believe you or anything but I would have thought if HardBoiled would be released on HD with the game, it would have also been made a stand-alone Blu-Ray movie in retail stores, which I have seen no signs of....

LurkerLito
09-24-07, 11:11 AM
I don't have the link, but if you search the AVSForum in the Blu-Ray software section, it was confirmed that the included PS3CE version was a remastered HD version. The only thing up in the air the last time I looked was if the Hard Boiled movie was actually viewable in non PS3 BR players.

1337_Like_ThaT
09-27-07, 02:51 AM
It looks like PS3 owners will have to wait another month for this release due to its last minute delay >:( I was really looking forward to playing this along with watching HardBoiled in HD, arrghh wuts up with that!

SH64
09-30-07, 08:52 PM
Last night me & friends made a comparsion between the PC & the PS3 version.
nothing major to pinpoint. maybe i only noticed a minor difference where reflections resolution looked a little bit higher in the PC version.

Peoples-Agent
10-01-07, 01:40 AM
This game is decent fun, but very simplistic in gameplay.
I like it , good game to just throw on now and then if your bored.

The graphics aren't great though, and that goes for every version it seems.

Saintster
10-01-07, 01:48 AM
I finished it in 3 days off and on and my son finished it in 2 days.What's with all of these short games? It was basic and fun ran really nice also. The sliding wasn't as annoying as i thought it would be.

sytaylor
10-01-07, 07:48 AM
This game is decent fun, but very simplistic in gameplay.
I like it , good game to just throw on now and then if your bored.

The graphics aren't great though, and that goes for every version it seems.

Its like Max Payne but with some nice set peices. Which is a good thing IMO. The storyline was a lot weaker though. Maybe I just miss Max's brooding noir esque monologue.

Peoples-Agent
10-02-07, 12:33 AM
Its like Max Payne but with some nice set peices. Which is a good thing IMO. The storyline was a lot weaker though. Maybe I just miss Max's brooding noir esque monologue.

If you like the Max Payne edge and feel, you'd like The Darkness if you haven't already played through it.

Stranglehold's dialogue and story is never going to win any prizes though, cheesy as hell.