PDA

View Full Version : Stranglehold Bodies Disappear

eXeraZoR
09-15-07, 10:23 AM
I searched around the net and found just some posts about this problem but because im sure that many poeple say that this game is very cool but this thing is destroying the whole experience i decided to post it here so we can talk about this

its important that when the final game is out maybe we can find here in this thread a solution to this problem so it woule be cool to check soon back here to this forums for updates about this problem.

Normaly its not so a much big problem when the bodies disappear because you dont have much time to look around when playing but hey this is unreal engine 3 and we are in the year 2007.
I can just rip a whole level apart with my weapons and see all the destruction this is really cool to look around after a fight the room/area and see all the pieces on the floor but NO bodies on the ground???? this is very annoying! it looks just that a bomb exploded but nothing such a fight!!! :-( destroying athmosphere.

one example of many possible:
maybe some bodies would be half on a rail...COOL LOOKING and like this stuff and you know hey wow he was shooting on the top and after the explotion he flew through air to the rail or box or whatever...and remembering....because maybe such things you see when fighting but because its all so fast you dont can always look one flying until another 2 are shooting.

With Quake 4 we got this problem too but thanks to some modifications in the pak files / dev files it was possible to extend the seconds a body lays on ground to unlimited.

So Please lets keep this thread alive and let us continue talking about this when the final game is released and maybe its better modable then the demo!

Because this would give the game a big boost!!!! Trust me!!!!
Many will not realize this and look over it but hey when it would be possible no one would ever like to play without it in the future!!!

Quake 4 was a new experience after this and i could not destroy everything. And just imagine what a experience it would give when i see all the pieces on ground from walls etc and then see all the bodies......its like a dream come true :-)

This is one good example why old games are often better then new one! :-)
Old one gone more to realism! Today its more the game and fun and not game fun and realism. :-)

|MaguS|
09-15-07, 08:44 PM
Who the **** cares? Their dead bodies...

Destroy
09-15-07, 10:17 PM
Who the **** cares? Their dead bodies...

I certainly do. It's not just the bodies though. Sooooooooooo much stuff magically vanishes right in front of your eyes. Shoot a basket of apples and they come pouring out and magically disappear right in front of your eyes.

I made the mess, I wanna see it ALL and be proud of it.

Also notice all the totally indestructable tables are bolted to the floor and every sign type breaks and falls the exact same way. No ragdoll physics either, seems to be all animated deaths.

nightmare beta
09-15-07, 11:45 PM
I searched around the net and found just some posts about this problem but because im sure that many poeple say that this game is very cool but this thing is destroying the whole experience i decided to post it here so we can talk about this

its important that when the final game is out maybe we can find here in this thread a solution to this problem so it woule be cool to check soon back here to this forums for updates about this problem.

Normaly its not so a much big problem when the bodies disappear because you dont have much time to look around when playing but hey this is unreal engine 3 and we are in the year 2007.
I can just rip a whole level apart with my weapons and see all the destruction this is really cool to look around after a fight the room/area and see all the pieces on the floor but NO bodies on the ground???? this is very annoying! it looks just that a bomb exploded but nothing such a fight!!! :-( destroying athmosphere.

one example of many possible:
maybe some bodies would be half on a rail...COOL LOOKING and like this stuff and you know hey wow he was shooting on the top and after the explotion he flew through air to the rail or box or whatever...and remembering....because maybe such things you see when fighting but because its all so fast you dont can always look one flying until another 2 are shooting.

With Quake 4 we got this problem too but thanks to some modifications in the pak files / dev files it was possible to extend the seconds a body lays on ground to unlimited.

So Please lets keep this thread alive and let us continue talking about this when the final game is released and maybe its better modable then the demo!

Because this would give the game a big boost!!!! Trust me!!!!
Many will not realize this and look over it but hey when it would be possible no one would ever like to play without it in the future!!!

Quake 4 was a new experience after this and i could not destroy everything. And just imagine what a experience it would give when i see all the pieces on ground from walls etc and then see all the bodies......its like a dream come true :-)

This is one good example why old games are often better then new one! :-)
Old one gone more to realism! Today its more the game and fun and not game fun and realism. :-)

I don't know about old games having dead bodies remain more. doom did, but goldeneye had them fade away as well as turok.

The only thing i didn't like about the original call of duty was the fact that you could see all of the dead corpses with "insane" setting, but they weren't bloody and wounded-looking.

I actually think that there isn't enough detailed violence in games sometimes.

The only game that ever had violence that came anywhere near disturbing me was this 1995 game for the 3do called bladeforce. I don't believe the gameplay was violent (i couldn't even make any progress on the 1st level. It was almost designed to be impossible), but it has a cg intro that is very disturbing.

i wanted to just get to the first boss so bad so i could see what a boss battle in that game would be like, but i simply couldn't make a damn bit of progress.