PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet Installer

Mr Bigman
09-15-07, 09:59 PM
Got this game today and it takes awhile to get up and running. Why does it engage the Steam client and why does it take like 30 minutes to begin play?

Game will begin an 30 minuts is the stam message i got. Im still wating for it to load, maybe its downloading extra content i don't know. Anyone know why this takes awhile?

agentkay
09-15-07, 10:07 PM
The game uses Steam to authorize and run it and after itīs installed and you try to play for the first time itīs downloading the latest patches + bonus content which weights in roughly 500MB. ;)

Arachnid
09-15-07, 10:10 PM
Lost Planet requires Steam to run (its tied into Steam). Also you are right, Steam is downloading updates for the game and hence the message.

Mr Bigman
09-15-07, 10:12 PM
Whats with the extra CD in the package? It says Bonus CD. Is this stuff being downloaded from the Steam? Or can i install this after game has been played?

agentkay
09-15-07, 10:16 PM
I never got the Bonus CD so I have no idea whats on it but no I doubt itīs downloading it. Itīs downloading the patch (incl. the feature to play the game without DVD and offline-Steam mode), addional MP maps and characters and newer/improved DX10 features. :)

LT.Schaffer
09-15-07, 10:21 PM
It contains wallpapers/Game soundtrack/Buddy icons/Screensaver/Fan site kit

Mr Bigman
09-15-07, 11:13 PM
Well the game runs great but im stuck in this big room going back and forth trying to get out.

How do you get out of this room in the beginning where it says follow me in the message.

LT.Schaffer
09-16-07, 01:52 AM
You have to use your grappling hook on the ledges/Catwalks