PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim X run better on Vista 64 or XP 32?

SILVEREGTS
09-16-07, 03:30 PM
Just wondering if any of you have had the chance to benchmark the two? I cant find a single thread on this nor can I find any benches online for comparison.

californian1
09-16-07, 03:34 PM
i would assume XP ...

SILVEREGTS
09-16-07, 03:41 PM
Well not necessarily, some games that used to run faster on XP are now running better on vista 64 for me.

Anyway, Im looking for someone who has tried it both ways to chime in.

I have 4gbs of ram so I was thinking flight sim x might benefit from that.

$n][pErMan
09-16-07, 03:52 PM
FSX benifits big time from more ram and better CPU. I can't say for sure what it runs better on but take this into account... when DX10 for it comes out only one of those OS's will allow it to be used ;)

SILVEREGTS
09-16-07, 04:15 PM
[pErMan']FSX benifits big time from more ram and better CPU. I can't say for sure what it runs better on but take this into account... when DX10 for it comes out only one of those OS's will allow it to be used ;)

Yeah I agree and I can tell a nice difference with my Q6600 vs my E6600. I was just curious as to which operating system got the best DX9 performance?

I do wish the DX10 patch would hurry up and come out because then I wouldnt have to wonder about things like this! lol.

$n][pErMan
09-16-07, 06:19 PM
Yeah I agree and I can tell a nice difference with my Q6600 vs my E6600. I was just curious as to which operating system got the best DX9 performance?

I do wish the DX10 patch would hurry up and come out because then I wouldnt have to wonder about things like this! lol.
Ya.. I noticed too that FSX runs so smooth on a quad core. On my E6600 I would have to take a few settings back a little for smooth play, on the Q6600 I cranked everything on full and it runs great. :cool: Id say just run it on Vista... most high end systems will not notice a terrible drop in performance. Plus at least everything will be ready when the DX10 patch comes out :) Im running it on Vista 32-bit and it runs great.

sillyeagle
09-16-07, 07:46 PM
Some reports indicate Vista is smoother without the micro stutters, making for a more pleasant experience, though overall frame rate is slightly reduced. Other reports have indicated its smoother and frame rate is not reduced.

XxDeadlyxX
09-16-07, 08:12 PM
Some reports indicate Vista is smoother without the micro stutters, making for a more pleasant experience, though overall frame rate is slightly reduced. Other reports have indicated its smoother and frame rate is not reduced.

Could be to do with the fact that Vista has full multi-core support, whereas XP doesn't use all cores to maximum advantage.

SILVEREGTS
09-16-07, 08:24 PM
Could be to do with the fact that Vista has full multi-core support, whereas XP doesn't use all cores to maximum advantage.

See thats what I was thinking and your probably right. I might just have to give it a try. Its just such a pain to install. :headexplode:

Rozollio
09-18-07, 02:21 PM
Flight Sim X is faster for me under Vista 64 with 4gbs of ram.

The FPS is slightly higher and the game is a lot smoother.

3DBrad
09-18-07, 03:17 PM
If you have 4gb or more, perhaps V64, if not, I'd say Xp.