http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98536&page=10

And if you still didnt pre-order to get into the beta:
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=469

3DBrad
09-16-07, 06:55 PM
I'd be great if it was released at 12:00am EST. :D

|MaguS|
09-16-07, 07:18 PM
Knowing valve they usually release in the afternoon EST.

|JuiceZ|
09-16-07, 07:41 PM
Knowing valve they usually release in the afternoon EST.

x2

jAkUp
09-16-07, 09:00 PM
Already got it preloaded :D

XxDeadlyxX
09-16-07, 09:04 PM
So many games coming in a short period of time, October/Novebmer will rock (as long as UT3 isnt delayed :D)

...wait... it'll rock anyway :p

Pre-loaded and ready to go!

$n][pErMan
09-16-07, 10:25 PM
Damit damit... I have work at 7am :( All these cool new games coming out and here I am stuck on an install for a month working overtime... baaaaahhhh! I will keep my eye on this thread and see what everyone thinks of TF2 :) I remember back in 2000 when they were originally designing it on the Quake 2 Engine then scrapped the original project.

malachi1313
09-16-07, 10:34 PM
Already got it preloaded :D
how did you guys get it pre loaded already?? I preorderd but I didn't get a preload option at all...

|MaguS|
09-16-07, 10:35 PM
how did you guys get it pre loaded already?? I preorderd but I didn't get a preload option at all...

Double click it on your list...

Phillychuck
09-16-07, 11:17 PM
I'm pre-loaded and ready to rock. 15 minutes past 12AM EST so far no go.

californian1
09-16-07, 11:21 PM
well .... last time they release bioshock at 1:00PM PST ,... that sucked and i wouldnt count on a midnight release..i hope im wrong though as i wanna play team fortess asap ....

sigh we r jsut beta tester so they can have better console games .... i dont have problem with console getting port, as long as devs dont dumbed down pc version

games like c&C 3 on PC was a dumbed down due to console, bioshock got that treatment , too

|MaguS|
09-16-07, 11:29 PM
well .... last time they release bioshock at 1:00PM PST ,... that sucked and i wouldnt count on a midnight release..i hope im wrong though as i wanna play team fortess asap ....

sigh we r jsut beta tester so they can have better console games .... i dont have problem with console getting port, as long as devs dont dumbed down pc version

games like c&C 3 on PC was a dumbed down due to console, bioshock got that treatment , too

Improve your spelling and grammar, then maybe the developers wouldn't need to dumb down games...

How the hell was C&C3 dumbed down?

californian1
09-16-07, 11:37 PM
Improve your spelling and grammar, then maybe the developers wouldn't need to dumb down games...

How the hell was C&C3 dumbed down?

Play the game and stop being an idiot and maybe developers wouldn't need to dumb down games.

KasuCode
09-16-07, 11:46 PM
now now girls.

crainger
09-16-07, 11:54 PM
IS it out? Is it out?!

I wanna play when I get home this arvo! What time is it over there?

:jumping:

jAkUp
09-16-07, 11:55 PM
Still locked...

KasuCode
09-17-07, 12:02 AM
Dont know if any of you seen this it was posted awhile ago.

DigiQ8: So we in the HL2net steam channel are wondering, when you guys gonna unlock TF2? What time exactly?

Greg: Late in the day. We're not saying an exact time, unfortunately.

DigiQ8: So no 12AM release?

Greg: No - late in the day.

http://www.csnation.net/comments.php?id=8953

So probly best to sleep now so you can put alot more time into the game when its released.

crainger
09-17-07, 12:17 AM
How about now? Is it out?

Phillychuck
09-17-07, 12:26 AM
Blah, I wanna play now. They should publish a time if they hype people into coughing up the money first. Sept 17 to me means "12:01 am" that day. Not like its hard to allow us to play the code we already downloaded.

/whine lol

crainger
09-17-07, 12:29 AM
Now?

:o TF is the only multiplayer game I was any good at.

CaptNKILL
09-17-07, 12:32 AM
Me want tee eff too. :(

Phillychuck
09-17-07, 12:38 AM
Now?

:o TF is the only multiplayer game I was any good at.

Yeah I really enjoyed TFC to Tribes, I think quake3/ut were coming out and I still prefered TFC. Never got into CS original only played CS:S.

I almost bought the new Medal of Honor title today but already spent $45 on orange and got Titan Quest / expansion from Steam this week (neat D2 rip off but damn its a long game... 14 hours play and my highest character is like level 13 on Normal).

So what was everyones favorite map? I loved 2fort.

stncttr908
09-17-07, 01:05 AM
Yeah, 9PM EST/6PM Valve time sounds about right. That works for me since I'm tired and have class all day tomorrow anyway.

CaptNKILL
09-17-07, 01:34 AM
So what was everyones favorite map? I loved 2fort.
Mannn... there are so many good maps for TFC.

http://planethalflife.gamespy.com/View.php?view=TFCStrategy.Detail&id=1&game=6

2fort is probably the best for a quick fix of action and solid fun... its easily the most played map for the game, and yet its still loads of fun (for me at least... and I've put hundreds of hours into TFC).

But the rest also have so many good points...
badlands was awesome, dustbowl is played almost as much as 2fort for good reason, epicenter was great, flagrun was fun, hunted is legendary (but the pace and reliance on team work stopped it from being one you could enjoy every time), rock2 was unique with a lot of interesting stealth and strategic elements, warpath was awesome, but underplayed... and I think my personal favorite is probably well. That was just awesome. I remember really tearing s**t up as a sniper on that map. Engineers were fun to play as too.

I hope they bring all of those maps back in TF2. :)

beardstroke
09-17-07, 03:57 AM
from steam forums :

DigiQ8: So we in the HL2net steam channel are wondering, when you guys gonna unlock TF2? What time exactly?
Greg: Late in the day. We're not saying an exact time, unfortunately.

DigiQ8: So no 12AM release?
Greg: No - late in the day.