:headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode:

CaptNKILL
09-17-07, 11:30 AM
ZOMG!!! TEH RAPTURE!!!!

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/files/images/rapture.jpg

They were right!

3DBrad
09-17-07, 11:35 AM
That line about the rapture (1 Thess. 4:18 ;) ) was added by Gabe Newell himself.

I hope he didn't mean it in a mocking way, but just in a light-hearted way.

CaptNKILL
09-17-07, 11:40 AM
That line about the rapture (1 Thess. 4:18 ;) ) was added by Gabe Newell himself.

Maybe he knew that it'd be released shortly after Bioshock. :p

Q
09-17-07, 11:41 AM
At least they are self aware...

californian1
09-17-07, 12:16 PM
is tf 2 beta is even coming to day? lol

nopp0x00
09-17-07, 12:57 PM

Why not? It's a ridiculous belief. If you want to be open about specific beliefs, be prepared to be ridiculed by the comics of the world.

evilghost
09-17-07, 01:01 PM
Why not? It's a ridiculous belief. If you want to be open about specific beliefs, be prepared to be ridiculed by the comics of the world.

You have my attention, in your infinite understanding and wisdom, please freely disseminate your gems of wisdom on us ignorant believers...

malachi1313
09-17-07, 01:06 PM
This is pretty funny. I think it's even more humorous how the valve guys are poking fun at themselves.

3DBrad
09-17-07, 01:14 PM

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:. . . .The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Pet. 3:3-5, 9)
http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/2Pe/2Pe003.html#top

CaptNKILL
09-17-07, 01:14 PM
This is pretty funny. I think it's even more humorous how the valve guys are poking fun at themselves.
I think you'd need a good sense of humor to deal with people ridiculing you for long development times while you consistently put out 5 star games... :p

OldOfEvil
09-17-07, 04:11 PM
You have my attention, in your infinite understanding and wisdom, please freely disseminate your gems of wisdom on us ignorant believers...

Sarcasm is a scalpel, not a bludgeon.

nutcrackr
09-17-07, 04:25 PM
"coincident with rapture" does it even make any sense. It can't be the release date of bioshock, it can't be the actual date of bioshock. What the hell is he talking about. Is it they get to play bioshock as soon as they release tf2?

3DBrad
09-17-07, 05:21 PM
"coincident with rapture" does it even make any sense. It can't be the release date of bioshock, it can't be the actual date of bioshock. What the hell is he talking about. Is it they get to play bioshock as soon as they release tf2?

They're talking about the Christian (dispensaltional) belief that Jesus Christ's return is imminent and that it can happen any moment because "a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousands years as one day" (2 Pet. 3)