PDA

View Full Version : Codemasters say good bye to Colin

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
09-17-07, 04:11 PM
Statement issued on behalf of Codemasters

Everyone at Codemasters, especially those who worked directly with Colin McRae, is deeply shocked and saddened by the tragic events of Saturday 15th September 2007.

The loss of Colin McRae is deeply distressing. That it involved his son and another so young makes it even more tragic. Our thoughts are with his family and those closest to him and we share in their pain.

For over ten years, Colin was part of the Codemasters family and it was a privilege to have a man recognised as a true legend on the team. He always took a keen interest in the game experience, wanting to make sure it was without equal in its portrayal of the sport.

His contribution was inspirational and brought his technical expertise and passion for rally driving to each and every McRae game. Through the popularity of those games, he brought a whole new audience to the sport itself.

Codemasters’ relationship with Colin began through Jim, David and Richard Darling and their condolences, along with ours, are passed to Colin’s family. We are heavy of heart at his passing but we are also brimming with pride at knowing him and to have played a small role in his life.

He will never be forgotten by all at Codemasters.

http://www.codemasters.com/colinmcrae/

i know that this new been posted before, just wanted to post codemasters statement

LordJuanlo
09-18-07, 02:32 AM
I hope they finish Dirt 2, and I hope that game will be a great tribute to Colin McRae. Condolences to his widow and daughter, best wishes to them.

Thingding
09-18-07, 04:00 AM
I was wondering this. Since they've doubtless got all the voice files from the previous games, would it be a tribute or a travesty to put him in the game one last time?

Armed_Baboon
09-18-07, 05:07 AM
I think the last Colin Mcrae game is going to be a helicopter game. :canadian:

DCult
09-18-07, 06:08 AM

That is not a very nice thing to say. Plus, according to reports, his flying skills would put a lot of professional pilots to shame.

Rozollio
09-18-07, 06:30 AM

I think I will report you for being an insensitive disrespectful prick. :thumbdwn:

Dragunov
09-18-07, 06:47 AM

Weak, very weak from u, u laugh with one of the greatest drivers ...

Thingding
09-18-07, 06:57 AM
Helicopters are bad news IMHO. Seems like every week another celeb is killed in one.

Xion X2
09-18-07, 06:59 AM
God, what an ass...

Armed_Baboon
09-18-07, 07:35 AM
good to see I'm making friends.

ralinn
09-18-07, 07:42 AM
Think before you speak :P

DRen72
09-18-07, 08:06 AM
good to see I'm making friends.Not like that you won't. I'm not even familiar with Colin McRae because I'm not into racing or racing games, but to speak ill of a good person in this way is a shame. Reminds me of the crap people said about the Crocodile Hunter. :thumbdwn:

Madpistol
09-18-07, 08:10 AM
Both the Crocodile Hunter and Colin McRae were very passionate about what they did... it speaks loads about their charater. I can't see why anyone would want to put that down. :thumbdwn:

evox
09-18-07, 08:14 AM

asshole:thumbdwn:

sytaylor
09-18-07, 08:29 AM

The sick jokes never seem to work online, especially to a US audience. FYI

It will be interesting to see what they do with the next McRae game. I imagine they will keep the name, and do some sort of tribute. The franchise should also help secure the remainder of his family financially.

agentkay
09-18-07, 08:59 AM
For real, that was a ****ed up thing to say.

Quick420
09-18-07, 09:45 AM

****-off..........and to put that smily there as well.Go away you disrespectful little goof.

ASUSEN7900GTX
09-18-07, 09:48 AM
not so long ago a military helicopter crashed killing a high officer and privates in Sweden so sems as Helicopters are one piece of dangerous equipment.

i feel for COlins family may they find harmony and peasce in each other and that their daughter grow up to a fine woman these things gets on my nervs why do good people die relatively young it´s like allthese athletes that die during practivce and match it´s so damn tragic

well may some good company evolve to take over the legacy of what mcrae game series was about

:(

LordJuanlo
09-18-07, 10:17 AM
I was wondering this. Since they've doubtless got all the voice files from the previous games, would it be a tribute or a travesty to put him in the game one last time?

I would see it as a tribute, the entire game would be a tribute to him. Another possibility is that they completly remove the Colin McRae name and just call it Dirt 2. But I think he deserves a last, tribute game.

nekrosoft13
09-18-07, 10:25 AM

WTF is wrong with you

NaitoSan
09-18-07, 11:39 AM
:lame:

XDanger
09-18-07, 05:55 PM
It would be the choice of the family wether to put his name to such a thing but I think it would be in bad taste unless all proceeds go to some charity.

Helicopters are bad news ,you wouldnt put a small child on the back of a motorbike would you, If you would then you are a fool.
:(

Armed_Baboon
09-18-07, 06:47 PM
ok sorry for offending anyone who was offended.

Chubz
09-18-07, 08:50 PM

Classless and not funny at all .. the man died with his 5-year old kid for ****'s sake.

breathemetal
09-18-07, 08:53 PM
RIP Colin...RIP...

And Armed_Baboon, **** off and die.