PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe you square...

Pages : [1] 2 3

|MaguS|
09-17-07, 08:45 PM
Im sorry but I don't believe that Square is not reamaking Final Fantasy VII. Ok the original Tech Demo can be seen as a quick tech demo but now theres even more information regarding a proper remake.

A secret ending of Crisis Core is a new trailer with the Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo graphics leading into the intro to Final Fantasy VII with the words... To be continued in Final Fantasy VII at the end of the trailer. Why even bother with that if the people who have played the game most likely have played Final Fantasy VII already unless they plan to rerelease the game...

Heres the trailer...
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14752

I know they will announce it, a remake of the game would sell millions and Square is netorious for remakes... Let us not forget that if Sony backed it (like the did the original) it would be little risk for Square with HUGE gains for Sony because it WILL sell systems...

Ninjaman09
09-17-07, 10:04 PM
I'd buy it if only for a decent translation. I started replaying FF7 the other day and I really can't believe how bad it was. Say what you will about the gameplay (I'd probably agree), but the translation is piss-poor and is a tragic example of poor localization ruining the atmosphere and consistency of a game. So yeah, they'd better remake it!

BTW it linked to a Mass Effect video...

|MaguS|
09-17-07, 10:10 PM
BTW it linked to a Mass Effect video...

exactly!

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14783

KasuCode
09-17-07, 10:49 PM
If ff7 remake came out I would be first in line to get it.

Lyme
09-17-07, 10:50 PM
I know they will announce it, a remake of the game would sell millions and Square is netorious for remakes... Let us not forget that if Sony backed it (like the did the original) it would be little risk for Square with HUGE gains for Sony because it WILL sell systems...

Should Square being working on such a title, I'd expect that MS would kill for it to come out on the 360 rather than the ps3.

|MaguS|
09-17-07, 10:55 PM
Should Square being working on such a title, I'd expect that MS would kill for it to come out on the 360 rather than the ps3.

And you don't think Sony would make such a sacraftice? RTememeber Sony and square have a stronger relationship then MS and Square./ Sony did publish the original release...

buffbiff21
09-17-07, 11:00 PM
You drunk or something? I can barely decipher what you're saying..

The translation? It was light years ahead of what the NES and SNES titles received. Still not up to par though. I found many grammatical errors in FFXII even... punctuation misuse, plural abuse, capitalization abuse, verb tense misuse, etc...

|MaguS|
09-17-07, 11:34 PM
You drunk or something? I can barely decipher what you're saying..

The translation? It was light years ahead of what the NES and SNES titles received. Still not up to par though. I found many grammatical errors in FFXII even... punctuation misuse, plural abuse, capitalization abuse, verb tense misuse, etc...

ys

wht>

Im not a big fan of Final Fantasy VII but I do love its magic and abitly sistum. far better then many too releasr afterwards. I think Final Fantasy XII was the onle one to top it.

buffbiff21
09-17-07, 11:44 PM
LOL

VII is the best.

It goes as follows:

VII
VI
X
IV
IX
--the rest--
VIII
XI

|MaguS|
09-17-07, 11:46 PM
VII was decent but the sotrey was full of holes. Ittey do rema it I hope the plug them all up. The actual story could bee soo good if properly done and not just choped up.

pkirby11
09-17-07, 11:49 PM
He must be drunk! :D It is kind of entertaining though, reading it's hard though. I think he siad he sold his PS3 for an XBOX 360s because PS3s over heat to much! :D

Just kidding. :D

buffbiff21
09-17-07, 11:54 PM
Magus, drink some Gatorade...

|MaguS|
09-17-07, 11:56 PM
RUm? ok!

crainger
09-18-07, 12:20 AM
LOL!~

|MagNuS| has reached critical mass. Either that or kevpla hax'd him.

|MaguS|
09-18-07, 12:35 AM
I got hit for massive damage!

crainger
09-18-07, 12:54 AM
You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow.

buffbiff21
09-18-07, 01:39 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/movies/GodzillaTower/Pictures/marshmallowman1.jpg

ralinn
09-18-07, 05:28 AM
VII was decent but the sotrey was full of holes. Ittey do rema it I hope the plug them all up. The actual story could bee soo good if properly done and not just choped up.
I've played FFVII more times than I care to admit. What holes did you come across, I couldn't really see any. It was all just a bit... complicated.

Square already said that they're not working on an FFVII remake at the moment. To be honest, they've got projects coming out of their ears, I doubt they'd even have the spare resources for it! Gah, I know someones gonna ask for a link to where they said that... I'm trying to find it!

superklye
09-18-07, 08:04 AM
I'm quoting this just to make sure there's a copy of it for the record in case he goes back and edits his posts in the morning. :D

Ninjaman09
09-18-07, 09:15 AM
The translation? It was light years ahead of what the NES and SNES titles received.
Actually it really wasn't - in fact the NES translation was fairly good (humorous quotations aside), and while 4 and 6 weren't exactly stellar, you could at least understand what was happening. There are several scenes in FF7 that make no sense at all and are incredibly confusing unless you go on the internet and read about what is supposed to be happening. Pretty lame if you ask me. And this is fairly consistent throughout the game. Towards the end of the game FF7 just stops making sense altogether and just gets silly, although that's probably not the translation's fault entirely.

superklye
09-18-07, 09:26 AM
This grilled cheese morning you mean? Or boogieman morning?
omg j00 r soo teh scarey!!111

Monolyth
09-18-07, 10:49 AM
Gah, gimme VI remake!

H3avyM3tal
09-18-07, 10:50 AM
Actually it really wasn't - in fact the NES translation was fairly good (humorous quotations aside), and while 4 and 6 weren't exactly stellar, you could at least understand what was happening. There are several scenes in FF7 that make no sense at all and are incredibly confusing unless you go on the internet and read about what is supposed to be happening. Pretty lame if you ask me. And this is fairly consistent throughout the game. Towards the end of the game FF7 just stops making sense altogether and just gets silly, although that's probably not the translation's fault entirely.

Care to give examples to these scenes you are writing about? Because in all honesty, in all the dozens times I played through the game, I never felt this. If you play the game several times, you eventually dont miss anything and its quite alright.

|MaguS|
09-18-07, 10:55 AM
I'm quoting this just to make sure there's a copy of it for the record in case he goes back and edits his posts in the morning. :D

LOL

I think from now on I will not post while drunk... Man was I trashed.

Lyme
09-18-07, 11:50 AM
And you don't think Sony would make such a sacraftice? RTememeber Sony and square have a stronger relationship then MS and Square./ Sony did publish the original release...

These days it really comes down to money. If Square could get money out of both Sony and MS, and then release on both platforms, they would be stupid not to.