PDA

View Full Version : NVnews game servers

mcolbourn
09-18-07, 09:14 AM
I can't remember if we have any NVnews games servers for things like CSS ect?

Redeemed
09-18-07, 02:17 PM
I can't remember if we have any NVnews games servers for things like CSS ect?

We used to, but they weren't used often enough so they got dropped.

|MaguS|
09-18-07, 02:36 PM
:(

Redeemed
09-18-07, 02:42 PM
:(

Hey, maybe next time we can all pool together to help pay for the server costs. That way there might be more incentives to make use of those servers.

Setup the servers up to be password protected. You want in, you have to pay your share of the cost. Once payment goes through, you recieve password and can join. ;)

Tygerwoody
09-18-07, 02:56 PM
Hey, maybe next time we can all pool together to help pay for the server costs. That way there might be more incentives to make use of those servers.

Setup the servers up to be password protected. You want in, you have to pay your share of the cost. Once payment goes through, you recieve password and can join. ;)
I hope you expect 0 people to join the server then, because thats all that will pay.

Redeemed
09-18-07, 03:01 PM
I hope you expect 0 people to join the server then, because thats all that will pay.

Probably. They'd expect somebody else to fork out the cash for them- cheap bastards. :p

Tygerwoody
09-18-07, 03:07 PM
Probably. They'd expect somebody else to fork out the cash for them- cheap bastards. :p
aye.

|MaguS|
09-18-07, 03:41 PM

Considering how they bitch about paying for Fileplanet or even an MMO I dout any would ever pay to support a game server. I didn't take the servers down due to cost, but because it was a waste of money. Why should I pay for something thats not being used?

Tygerwoody
09-18-07, 03:48 PM
Considering how they bitch about paying for Fileplanet or even an MMO I dout any would ever pay to support a game server. I didn't take the servers down due to cost, but because it was a waste of money. Why should I pay for something thats not being used?
I know how you feel. I have a $300 door stop at my house that was a waste of money. I call it a door stop, my friends call it "OMG why is your wii just sitting there in the corner of the room behind the door?"

Roliath
09-18-07, 04:02 PM
Meh, If I can get enough interest and a sole game for people to decide on I can throw one up an instance free of charge. Of course I'd have to talk to mike to see if he could let me use the NvNews name for an instance.

(this is on great hardware too, great ping times, and amazing network!)