PDA

View Full Version : UT3 - is there a single player campaigne?

saguy
09-18-07, 09:18 AM
I was under the impression that UT3 was a multiplayer game, but on a developer walkthrough demo they mentioned a single player component. Is there a proper single player story based campaigne?

superklye
09-18-07, 09:20 AM
It'll probably be the same kind of thing they had in UT2k3 and 2k4 where you fight to become the champion...it's basically all of the maps and you fight against increasing numbers of difficult bots until you "beat" the game.

It's just practice for playing against humans.

Quick420
09-18-07, 09:36 AM
It'll probably be the same kind of thing they had in UT2k3 and 2k4 where you fight to become the champion...it's basically all of the maps and you fight against increasing numbers of difficult bots until you "beat" the game.

It's just practice for playing against humans.

Thats exactly what the sp is.;)

gulizard
09-18-07, 09:56 AM
Actually I think the SP has a story and mission based to it. It will still obviously be fighting against AI but this time they've added a new race, and its not longer really technically a tournament some alien race has invaded, thats my understanding.

Quote from wiki

Unreal Tournament III or UT3 is a first-person shooter video game and the next installment of the Unreal series. UT3 is the sequel to Unreal Tournament 2004 and the original Unreal Tournament. The game is developed by Epic Games and will be published by Midway Games. It will be released on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, PlayStation 3.

Unreal Tournament III will be primarily an online multiplayer first person shooter game offering several game modes, including large-scale Warfare, Capture-the-Flag, and Deathmatch. UT3 is also expected to include an extensive offline single-player game with an in-depth story.

Players will be able to design their own custom user-made maps and game modes with their computer, and make them available via the Internet for online multiplayer or single player play, adding much variety and increasing the game's longevity and replay value.

Using the Unreal Engine 3, it is designed mainly for online multiplayer gaming. However, in a recent interview with Game Informer, the developer revealed that UT3 will not have the usual UT single player experience. Instead, there will actually be a storyline, and the members of the player's team will have their own personalities.[3] This is a change from the normal UT single player campaign, which simply mimics the multiplayer mode in a ladder format. According to a video released during Electronic Entertainment Expo 2007, the game has a release date of November 2007.

WeReWoLf
09-18-07, 10:12 AM
Thats exactly what the sp is.;)

Umm... No, UT3 is about the Necris Legions starting "Wars" with Corporations such as Liandri. You lost your family, your friends, etc... You're drafted into the army and are sent on Stealth missions, Flying Missions, Kill entire Cohorts of Necris just to satisfy the thirst for revenge.

Epic moved away from the "Championship" single player

CaptNKILL
09-18-07, 10:29 AM
Umm... No, UT3 is about the Necris Legions starting "Wars" with Corporations such as Liandri. You lost your family, your friends, etc... You're drafted into the army and are sent on Stealth missions, Flying Missions, Kill entire Cohorts of Necris just to satisfy the thirst for revenge.

Epic moved away from the "Championship" single player
Cool. That sounds like a needed change. UT 2004 was fun but the single player could have definitely used real missions.

saguy
09-18-07, 10:36 AM
Good, it sounds a bit more substantial than the previous bot single player. I suppose a single player campaigne is an added bonus to what is essentialy a multiplayer game.

SH64
09-27-07, 10:05 PM
Great this time the SP mode sounds interesting :cool:

Noodles
09-27-07, 10:10 PM
lol... who cares though really..

i'm buying crysis for single player, and ut3 for multiplayer :)

lol

no this is a great change in reality,

i wish everytigng wasnt releasing at the same dang time though! i'm gonna be broke the 14th of november!

Luminal
09-27-07, 10:21 PM
I really enjoyed Unreal2:The awakening single player, i can only hope Unreal3 will have something similar :)

XxDeadlyxX
09-27-07, 10:30 PM
I really enjoyed Unreal2:The awakening single player, i can only hope Unreal3 will have something similar :)

Agreed, I just finished playing through Unreal 2 again... sure it has its faults but overall I enjoyed it :D