PDA

View Full Version : Problems booting.

Airbrushkid
09-18-07, 09:20 AM
Ok I went to boot my computer this morning. I use a power strip. So I turn the power strip on. The computer should not come on until I push the switch on the case. But this time it came on but started to turn on and off and would not stop. I shut the power off. Waited and tried again, the samething. I tried the power switch on the case thinking it may be that. But nothing. So I took the side cover off. But did not touch anything. I turn the power strip back on but this time computer did not try to start. I push the switch on and the computer booted up. What could cause this?????

P.S. This is not computer in my sig.

Airbrushkid
09-18-07, 09:20 AM
Update. The problem is still happening. I remove the switch and turned the power on. The computer starts and keeps starting. So what could it be?

evilghost
09-18-07, 09:42 AM
Bad power switch on the case which connects to the motherboard. It's stuck "closed" instead of "open".

Airbrushkid
09-18-07, 09:54 AM
I unplug the power switch. And the computer does the same thing without a switch.

Bad power switch on the case which connects to the motherboard. It's stuck "closed" instead of "open".

evilghost
09-18-07, 09:57 AM
Check the BIOS and see if power-failure recovery is set to boot.

Airbrushkid
09-18-07, 10:00 AM
It doesn't make it to any screen before it restarts again.