PDA

View Full Version : World in Conflict Full Version Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

MaXThReAT
09-18-07, 01:25 PM
World in Conflict should be on the store shelves today. :captnkill: I've already confirmed my local Best Buy has it in stock and I will be picking it up in 3 short hours after work. I hope this isn't overshadowed by the Crysis beta. This will be my first night not playing crysis since the beta started. I'll might sneak in a round or two. I really enjoyed the WIC demos. Great performance in DX10 and top notch visuals, I can't wait to see the rest of the game. I think we already have an NvNews clan coming together be sure to join.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97548&highlight=World+Conflict

http://www.worldinconflict.com/

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/mcbacker/WorldInConflict/wic2007-07-1123-32-54-52.jpg
(w/opics)

Redeemed
09-18-07, 01:31 PM
LOL- forgot about this game. :o

I'll be buying it ASAP, probably with this upcoming paycheck.

|MaguS|
09-18-07, 02:29 PM
Anyone know if its available at any of the download sites? Like Direct2Drive or Steam?

jAkUp
09-18-07, 02:38 PM
Getting it today :D

m3dude
09-18-07, 02:44 PM
ouch, soft shadows cut perf by 50%. they look like real softshadows, not like fears offset crap. wonder what method massive used here

Buio
09-18-07, 03:18 PM
I like the Soviet Collector's box. :)

http://www.amazon.com/World-in-Conflict-Collectors-Edition/dp/B000SSSY5C

methimpikehoses
09-18-07, 03:19 PM
They are for sale at Fred Meyer in the Northwest today. Collector's edition too.

jAkUp
09-18-07, 03:39 PM
Picked up the collectors, the box is awesome!

Danothemano
09-18-07, 06:46 PM
Funny, the game was at my Best Buy on Sunday...

Stoneyguy
09-18-07, 07:14 PM
How big of a piece of the Berlin Wall do you get?

UberRN69
09-18-07, 07:35 PM
Circuit City has this on sale for $39.99

MaXThReAT
09-18-07, 07:42 PM
I got mine. Along with my hunk of the Berlin wall. It's about the size of a walnut, little bigger. It's even got some spray paint on it from some graffiti, kinda cool. Comes with a little zertifikat with dates and some German on it. I'm a little disappointed there wasn't a jewel case inside just a heavy paper sleeve jacket. I also had to pick up 300, great movie. I'm off to go install into vista and start 300 for some inspiration.

SLippe
09-18-07, 07:46 PM
I'm going to try and pick up the Collector's Edition. The Best Buy near my house has both in, just not sure I can stretch that extra $10 for the C.E. version.

agentkay
09-18-07, 07:51 PM
I'm going to pick it up as well but I already have a small piece of the Berlin Wall so it will be most likely the regular version.

MaXThReAT
09-18-07, 08:05 PM
You also get a WIC 10 day trial edition CD to enlist a friend. Says it's 10 days of access to WIC MP. Looks like it's the full game from the size, just locked up.

Amuro
09-18-07, 09:56 PM
I preordered the Collector's Edition because of the 9.3 score from ign. But canceled my order few days later after trying out the demo.

Singleplayer mode is a frantic clickfest with no real military style tactics. There is no building required which is good, but the battle is within seconds. They even put the mood of speed on you by everyone constantly yelling at you for support and assistance. Multiplayer is slightly better since you take one fraction and must work as a team but people online have already found a way to ruin this game by using their tanks or chopper rushes.

Anyway, just can't believe a game like this can get a score of 9.3. I almost made the mistake of getting it without trying out the demo.

Technoholic
09-18-07, 09:57 PM
Man I got a few games to buy and I'm falling behind.

Destroy
09-18-07, 10:11 PM
Singleplayer mode is a frantic clickfest with no real military style tactics. They even put the mood of speed on you by everyone constantly yelling at you for support and assistance.

This is my one and only complaint about the game and why I won't be buying it:

No bloody gameplay speed control !!

jAkUp
09-18-07, 10:14 PM
Just got the latest PC Gamer and it got a 93% in it :D

Sidric
09-18-07, 10:19 PM
This is my one and only complaint about the game and why I won't be buying it:

No bloody gameplay speed control !!

I actually enjoy the pace. And unlike most RTS games that are fast paced, you don't have to worry about resource management or building your base appropriately. It is squarely focused on combat, and I love that.

I was going to get my copy today, but I slept in and didn't have time because of work. I'm definitely waking up early tomorrow to go pick it up.

JasonPC
09-18-07, 10:33 PM
I'm impressed with the performance. I think it's running even better than the demo. I enjoy the pace. It gives you a sense that the roles are very important and micromanagement is key. I find the few player mode to be a little too hard just because there is so much of a work load dumped on you to manage 2 or more roles (all if 1 vs 1).

wazandy
09-18-07, 10:40 PM
What's the DX10 version look like? Sexy?

crainger
09-18-07, 11:03 PM
I preordered the Collector's Edition because of the 9.3 score from ign. But canceled my order few days later after trying out the demo.

Singleplayer mode is a frantic clickfest with no real military style tactics. There is no building required which is good, but the battle is within seconds. They even put the mood of speed on you by everyone constantly yelling at you for support and assistance. Multiplayer is slightly better since you take one fraction and must work as a team but people online have already found a way to ruin this game by using their tanks or chopper rushes.

Anyway, just can't believe a game like this can get a score of 9.3. I almost made the mistake of getting it without trying out the demo.

Yeah. I pretty much agree. I had fun with the beta and demo. But I've put this one aside for a Holiday Season markdown, there is just much other stuff going on like Halo 3, TF2, Stalker replay (Thanks Grey_1)

Buio
09-19-07, 07:05 AM
It did get a 9.5/10 on Gamespot.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/worldinconflict/review.html

And Gamespot is known to give game lower scores, especially when they are hyped (like Bioshock who "only" got 9.0 there).

nekrosoft13
09-19-07, 07:13 AM
really not interested in the game.