PDA

View Full Version : definite advantages?

nightmare beta
09-18-07, 03:23 PM
I was thinking that it would be to a console maker's advantage to make games download only and put 2 esata ports on their systems and then the buyer could choose a huge fast hard disk.

It would cut down on costs, and I think that if a console maker made games download only, then it would be easier on the developers.

Also, loading times would be much shorter, and games could be larger, and have better quality less lossy or even uncompressed cutscenes, and uncompressed music or at least higher bit rate music and sound fx.

Games wouldn't have a whole lot of loading, and there would be no optical drives to break.

There was really no advantage in using dvds for the x360, and hard disk downloads would've been even better than bd-roms for the ps3.

I hope that optical disks/drives evenutally die out, and hopefully soon.

Same with movies. Just have a video card with purevideo hd, a 1080 p monitor and download a 20-50GB movie and watch it off the harddrive.

What does everyone else think? (no insults please=)

Tr1cK
09-18-07, 03:24 PM
:headexplode:

SOAD
09-18-07, 03:28 PM
and the people who dont have decent internet :rolleyes:

Tygerwoody
09-18-07, 03:42 PM
That you were dropped on your head as a child. :cool:

|MaguS|
Welp, he's back to his old retarded posting habits.

Severian126
My internet is slow. I think I won't be buying consoles if that happens. :P

ccxvi
09-18-07, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't it be a <i>lot</i> simpler and easier on the muggles (non-tech folk) if the HDD was <i>included</i> with the console?

Yeah, I know that's what they're doing now, but they're doing a s***ty job at it ($100 for 10GB, anyone?). So my idea of reform would be to stop doing a s***ty job instead of making consumers do it for them.

Oh, and fast Internet really isn't THAT necessary for downloading games and stuff. You don't need to move a whole game in 30 seconds; as long as you're ahead of Amazon's shipping times, it's fine. Just let the thing download through the night.

Aw, screw this BBCode sans-HTML s***... Well, you know what I meant to say.

Monolyth
09-18-07, 04:32 PM
I was thinking that it would be to a console maker's advantage to make games download only and put 2 esata ports on their systems and then the buyer could choose a huge fast hard disk.

It would cut down on costs, and I think that if a console maker made games download only, then it would be easier on the developers.

Also, loading times would be much shorter, and games could be larger, and have better quality less lossy or even uncompressed cutscenes, and uncompressed music or at least higher bit rate music and sound fx.

Games wouldn't have a whole lot of loading, and there would be no optical drives to break.

There was really no advantage in using dvds for the x360, and hard disk downloads would've been even better than bd-roms for the ps3.

I hope that optical disks/drives evenutally die out, and hopefully soon.

Same with movies. Just have a video card with purevideo hd, a 1080 p monitor and download a 20-50GB movie and watch it off the harddrive.

I was wrong, it is kevpla...Welcome back kevpla1, wut happened to the e-mail address? Just to let you know it would've been harder to realize it was you if you had actually placed the entirety of your "subject" within a single paragraph instead of 10 different paragraphs, you aren't writing this in an IM client contrary to popular belief...

Postcount +1.

Dude I so love my X-Box.

The built-in drive makes it easier for me to do things.

But 5 e-Sata ports would be better IMHO.

I know.

Dude awesome!

a12ctic
09-18-07, 04:39 PM
I think the option should be there, disks are so unreliable and easy to ruin, not to mention lose.

nightmare beta
09-18-07, 04:42 PM
Welp, he's back to his old retarded posting habits.

You're right I need to quit this sh1t.

I guess I'll appear better if I don't give my ideas.

Monolyth
09-18-07, 04:44 PM
You're right I need to quit this sh1t.

I guess I'll appear better if I don't give my ideas.

You could at least group similar thoughts & statements in what is referred to in grammar as a "paragraph". Which is much easier to read them 10 lines forcing unneeded strain on people's eyes... :P

Oh yeah, post count + 1.

methimpikehoses
09-18-07, 05:30 PM
You could at least group similar thoughts & statements in what is referred to in grammar as a "paragraph". Which is much easier to read them 10 lines forcing unneeded strain on people's eyes... :P

Oh yeah, post count + 1.

+2

Kevpla, you must be an english major.

Dragunov
09-18-07, 05:35 PM
My internet is slow. I think I won't be buying consoles if that happens. :P

Well I have fast internet 20Mbps, but a download limit of 35GB/month

Severian126
09-18-07, 05:39 PM
There's nothing wrong with the original post. I think it's a great idea when technology for the mass consumers have caught up. Sure you can let it download overnight, but I think most people would prefer box copies anyway.

And besides, I would think it'd be a pain in the ass if the HD fails and you'd have to download all the games you bought again. :)

Thanks for sharing tho.

Dragunov
09-18-07, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I love it when a game is released on DVD, but I don't love the protection used, I love to see games one day without copy protection on the DVD, but something as Valve does with Steam, cause I want to play withoutmy DVD or without anti copy protections screwing up my system

Just bind an username and password to ur game ...

XDanger
09-18-07, 06:11 PM
Doom 3 didnt need a disk in the drive

nightmare beta
09-18-07, 11:44 PM

Oh yeah, post count + 1.

Thanks for letting me know. Thanks to the next poster as well, but I tend to think in fragments, and I just tend to be better at simple math, than simple english, I've always sucked ass at writing. Thank God that I took the SAT before the writing portion existed. I was actually excellent in writing until the 5th grade, but then in the 5th grade my good writing abilities mysteriously weakened and my math abilities were awakened (I didn't really do much math before from 2nd to 4th grade, as bx modification was really my issue.) It's a chore for me to write with good english skills. I'll see what I can do, but it's pretty much just one of my limitations.

Monolyth
09-19-07, 12:28 AM
Thanks for letting me know. Thanks to the next poster as well, but I tend to think in fragments, and I just tend to be better at simple math, than simple english, I've always sucked ass at writing. Thank God that I took the SAT before the writing portion existed. I was actually excellent in writing until the 5th grade, but then in the 5th grade my good writing abilities mysteriously weakened and my math abilities were awakened (I didn't really do much math before from 2nd to 4th grade, as bx modification was really my issue.) It's a chore for me to write with good english skills. I'll see what I can do, but it's pretty much just one of my limitations.

Very nice man, very nice...so much easier...ahhhh Mein Eyes are teh saved!