PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Man Drops Dead After 3-Day Gaming Binge

ATOJAR
09-18-07, 04:33 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297059,00.html

breathemetal
09-18-07, 04:36 PM
That sucks, but its his fault. Died from gaming? Thats pretty pathetic.

ccxvi
09-18-07, 04:51 PM
That sucks, but its his fault. Died from gaming? Thats pretty pathetic.

Pathetic? Why? How would you like to die?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to know why.

breathemetal
09-18-07, 04:55 PM
Really...dieing because you dont have the sense to nourish and replenish yourself after a gaming binge is idiotic.

Severian126
09-18-07, 05:29 PM
You guys got it wrong. He didn't die from gaming. He died out of pure and utter stupidity.

m3dude
09-18-07, 05:39 PM
this is ridiculous. he didnt die from playing videogames. he probly had a condition and didnt take care of it. sitting in front of a monitor for 3 days doesnt kill you. even 3 days without water wont kill you.

Bman212121
09-18-07, 05:41 PM
The report is kind of vauge anyway. I would think that the place would have to close down at some point, and if he was 30 years old you'd think he might have a job. It didn't say that he played for 72 hours straight, and if it was exhaustion you would think he would fall asleep. It is hard to say if he had eaten in a while because 3 days doesn't seem like you would die from starvation.

Bman212121
09-18-07, 05:42 PM
this is ridiculous. he didnt die from playing videogames. he probly had a condition and didnt take care of it. sitting in front of a monitor for 3 days doesnt kill you. even 3 days without water wont kill you.

It depends upon the conditions though as well. If it was 90F outside all the time, you probably wouldn't make it 3 days without water.

Eliminator
09-18-07, 05:44 PM
the guy probably forgot to eat or drink or even go to the bathroom... such idiots in this world

bugmeplz
09-18-07, 05:46 PM
the guy probably forgot to eat or drink or even go to the bathroom... such idiots in this world

Lol.. forgot

m3dude
09-18-07, 05:48 PM
if it was hot enough in the pc room for him to die of dehydration in 3 days then i doubt people would even be playing there, cuz we are talking desert temperatures.

XDanger
09-18-07, 06:02 PM
People die all the time ,Just because he was at a puter at the time means nothing. Considering the amouint of people at a pc at any one time im surprised the number of gaming deaths isnt higher.

ATOJAR
09-18-07, 06:03 PM
I was watching something on the news a while back about places in asia where the asians play wow to build the character up and then sell the character to mostly americans & europeans, also they will play for a person while that person is at work, they earn something like 2 a week! ... some of them even play in nappys(or diapers as they are called in the USA) and they actuall dirt & wet them selfs so they can play for longer to earn more money! .... its hard to belive! ... the place was just a small room with around 20 or so system in there! imagine how hot & smelly the rooms get in asia, 20 system, 20 people & alot of dirty nappies\diapers & its totaly legal! :thumbdwn:

The asians where as happy as a pig in dirt, getting payed for playing games!

XDanger
09-18-07, 06:05 PM
The chinese have a sweat shop for everything.

LycosV
09-18-07, 06:15 PM
There have been multiples reports of this happening in the past and I always kind of wondered what they heck they did to die. I have been really tired before but I would think you would just pass out at a certain point.

Forcing yourself to do anything for an extended period of time isn't healthy though and the guy should've been smart enough to call his limits. There is no way I would game for 3days without sleep. I went without sleep for like 36 hours once when I moved to florida and holy crap I was delirious.

loafer87gt
09-18-07, 06:44 PM
LOL - those crazy Chinese.

Hoopla
09-19-07, 01:38 AM
Yay! One less moron in the world.