PDA

View Full Version : Intel: 8 cores/4 Graphics Cards

jcrox
09-18-07, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a great idea, but look at the picture.... the bottom 2 slots are so close together I'm not sure you could fit 2 MX440s in there.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=42442

SOAD
09-19-07, 07:11 AM
looks interesting.....

kinda useless for gamers though

Bman212121
09-19-07, 07:16 AM
Sounds like a great idea, but look at the picture.... the bottom 2 slots are so close together I'm not sure you could fit 2 MX440s in there.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=42442

QFT.

There is simply no way that an ATX mobo can support 4 GPUs. If they made it like the gigabyte quad royal and had 8 slots it would be feasible. I wouldn't mind seeing a dual processor dual GPU board, which this one would do, but it really wouldn't support 4 GPUs.

nekrosoft13
09-19-07, 07:32 AM
i'm fine with one 8800GTX

PaiN
09-19-07, 08:50 AM
i'm fine with one 8800GTX
Amen to that....I was concerned when I bumped up to a 1920x1200 LCD that games would be struggling with a single GTX....but the card has nothing but impressed the hell out of me, playing everything with ease :cool:

Monolyth
09-19-07, 09:24 AM
Amen to that....I was concerned when I bumped up to a 1920x1200 LCD that games would be struggling with a single GTX....but the card has nothing but impressed the hell out of me, playing everything with ease :cool:

Agreed, if I was to buy it, it would be for the dual CPU's, but if the FB-DIMM spec is to be believed, that's a bad move on Intel's part. For a board designed simply for computational power, no it's not stupid, and if the whole "Intel High Powered Graphics" is to be believed then they could have the potential to develop drivers to handle computations across multiple core's & GPU's.

I think it's really interesting hearing Intel get into the high-end GPU market, it's a bold move considering the companies they face have many more years in development of GPU technologies. It is also really nice to hear that Intel is at least planning on competing in the market. That also makes me wonder if by the time Nehalem & Skulltrail arrive, will we be seeing single-slot Intel GPU's running with the big boys? We think there's cool stuff coming out now, next year by this time we will all be thinking about Nehalem + nVidia & Intel GPU releases...

SOAD
09-19-07, 10:58 AM
my 8800GTX has served me proud. I started late (april) but it has done me absolutly fine.

jcrox
09-19-07, 11:11 AM
Agreed, if I was to buy it, it would be for the dual CPU's, but if the FB-DIMM spec is to be believed, that's a bad move on Intel's part. For a board designed simply for computational power, no it's not stupid, and if the whole "Intel High Powered Graphics" is to be believed then they could have the potential to develop drivers to handle computations across multiple core's & GPU's.

I think it's really interesting hearing Intel get into the high-end GPU market, it's a bold move considering the companies they face have many more years in development of GPU technologies. It is also really nice to hear that Intel is at least planning on competing in the market. That also makes me wonder if by the time Nehalem & Skulltrail arrive, will we be seeing single-slot Intel GPU's running with the big boys? We think there's cool stuff coming out now, next year by this time we will all be thinking about Nehalem + nVidia & Intel GPU releases...

I agree it could make things interesting but to be a true competitor with nvidia and amd might end up being a bit much. Coming up with a top notch product and solid drivers to compete seems a bit crazy but heck.... they've got the money to do it. Would be nice to see the prices come down a bit on the top end stuff :D

SOAD
09-19-07, 01:38 PM
would be more interesting if it was normal ram ;)

oh well

wasnt going to buy it anyway :D