PDA

View Full Version : Epic believes People Can Fly, acquires majority stake

nekrosoft13
09-18-07, 10:47 PM
WOW, i can't believe i missed this, I was reading about this in new CD Action magazine, and started googling.

Epic isn't letting their courtroom tiff with Silicon Knights slow them down as they continue to push forward, investing a majority stake in independent developer, People Can Fly. Best known for their work on the 2004 first-person shooter, Painkiller, PCF have been working on a multi-platform project utilizing the Unreal Engine 3 for the past year.

Mark Rein, Vice President of Epic Games, was particularly impressed with PCF's work saying, "[They] showed us their early prototypes within only a few weeks and we were totally blown away." On the other end of the deal, PCF co-owner Adrian Chmielarz sounds just as excited: "To be able to work with the best technology company in the business and collaborate on making amazing fantastic games is an offer you just can't refuse."

What could possibly be better than making amazing fantastic games? Tasty delicious cake would be our guess, but we'll settle for an amazing fantastic title.

People is Warsaw based studio behind PainKiller

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/20/epic-believes-people-can-fly-acquires-majority-stake/

|MaguS|
09-18-07, 10:53 PM
Isn't this old news?

nekrosoft13
09-18-07, 10:55 PM
also People can Fly are working/helping with PC version of Gears of War

crainger
09-18-07, 11:00 PM
Isn't this old news?

Yeah. I remember seeing this on a news ticker a short while back.

Still good news though. Especially if they are helping with the PC GoW. :D

nekrosoft13
09-18-07, 11:10 PM
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/6366/scanimage001kn5.jpg

ccxvi
09-18-07, 11:26 PM
I'm a bit foggy on my northern European languages...

nightmare beta
09-18-07, 11:48 PM
I'm a bit foggy on my northern European languages...

I thought poland was in central (i.e. moderate latitude) eastern europe.

Tranceaddict
09-19-07, 12:09 AM
I thought poland was in central (i.e. moderate latitude) eastern europe.

It is considered Northern Europe, countries like Austria or Switzerland would be central.

Morrow
09-19-07, 04:17 AM
It is considered Northern Europe, countries like Austria or Switzerland would be central.

No, he's right. Poland is part of Central Europe. Countries like Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland are part of Northern Europe.

skank
09-19-07, 04:34 AM
No, he's right. Poland is part of Central Europe. Countries like Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland are part of Northern Europe.
No, they are Scandinavia.

Morrow
09-19-07, 05:50 AM
No, they are Scandinavia.
Scandinavia, Northern Europe, whatever you prefer

Monolyth
09-19-07, 10:21 AM
And the Europeans shall now go to war to determine who really IS in Central Europe and who isn't...

We can call it...the Battle for Middle Europe

nekrosoft13
09-19-07, 10:26 AM
you are ALL wrong, Poland is in Eastern Europe.

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm

according to UN

Quick420
09-19-07, 10:37 AM
Im liking the way Epic does business,Mark Rein is a cool canuck who made it big by making great decisions like this one.:afro2:

Painkilller 2 with the new unreal tech sounds promising although they did not mention that in particular:D

nekrosoft13
09-19-07, 10:41 AM
Im liking the way Epic does business,Mark Rein is a cool canuck who made it big by making great decisions like this one.:afro2:

Painkilller 2 with the new unreal tech sounds promising although they did not mention that in particular:D

People Can Fly licensed Unreal engine 3 to start working on brand new multiplatform game. After Epic saw the first initial results, they were really impressed, so they decided to acquire the company. after that PCF started helping out with GoW making changes, adding levels etc..

All this was mentioned in Polish Magazine CD-Action (http://www.cdaction.pl/)

next month there will be interview with PCF founder about the new Epic and People Can Fly working together