PDA

View Full Version : you record playing non-stop online ?

Pages : [1] 2

Nv40
09-19-07, 01:20 AM
Was just curious about ... after reading about the chinesse guy.. dead after 3 days non-stop playing..

i was wondering is that happens more frequently that we may believe.. to play a full day (or more) without sleeping at all. in my case fast FPS games like quake's make me feel exhausted after a couple of hours. But have been able to play very easily half a day non stop ~tactical/strategy games..

For example some years ago ,i remember one time where i began online TRibes2 at ~10am in a server and finished a bit later than 12pm the other day about 14 hours!!! playing in the same game and server .That was one of my best gaming nights ever :D a server that was always full with ~30-40 pro gamers . For my surprise wasnt in any way tired ,neither sleepy . the only breaks i did was to go for food in the kitchen and the bathroom..

WeReWoLf
09-19-07, 01:25 AM
My record wasn't really a record, more just to have fun. 2 Day lans, with no sleep. Apart from that now, i have to have regular sleep, because my job is so mentally draining.

ATOJAR
09-19-07, 01:46 AM
3 days, i almost died! :thumbdwn:

Amuro
09-19-07, 01:57 AM
4-5 hours.

einstein_314
09-19-07, 02:49 AM
mm longest time was probably 12-13 hours at a LAN. Stopped only for a pizza break.

mcolbourn
09-19-07, 02:59 AM
About 14 hours at some LAN's I went to when I was younger. Now I can only really play for about 3 or 4 hours at one sitting

marqmajere
09-19-07, 03:36 AM
18 1/2 hours playing Everquest. :(

huzdi
09-19-07, 04:19 AM
45 hours playing wow 2 christmas breaks ago, I had just hit 60. Only food and bathroom breaks.

SOAD
09-19-07, 07:46 AM
I started on Friday night once and stopped for just Church and the occasional piss break.

I lived on Jerky, beer and cake :D

nekrosoft13
09-19-07, 08:02 AM
wow, my "record" might be somewhere about 7-8 hours in NWN.

but now usually 3-4 hours.

ralinn
09-19-07, 08:57 AM
I remember gaming for like 7 hours once when I was in my teens... but I really couldn't do that now.

KasuCode
09-19-07, 09:03 AM
I’m sure people probably won’t believe me but when I played WoW I was are raid leader from MC days up to SSC. I quit with full T4 and some T5. Mind you this was 5 months ago when I quit so gear like that was crazy.

For the last year playing I spent at least 14-18 hours a day online. Woke up played slept. When the expansion came out I slept once for 3 hours while leveling from 60-70. Took me 3 an a half days. (Was raiding Gruul's Lair and finished Karazhan in BC Beta)

Now I just play FPS because I can’t afford to play an mmorpg like that again.

Logical
09-19-07, 09:33 AM
Hmm i think the longest for me was playing BF2 when i first got it.... 4pm to 8am....16 hours, i only stopped because the wife and kids got up to go to school. When i eventually went to sleep the first thing i did when i got up was carry on playing it, :)

huzdi
09-19-07, 10:13 AM
Iím sure people probably wonít believe me but when I played WoW I was are raid leader from MC days up to SSC. I quit with full T4 and some T5. Mind you this was 5 months ago when I quit so gear like that was crazy.

For the last year playing I spent at least 14-18 hours a day online. Woke up played slept. When the expansion came out I slept once for 3 hours while leveling from 60-70. Took me 3 an a half days. (Was raiding Gruul's Lair and finished Karazhan in BC Beta)

Now I just play FPS because I canít afford to play an mmorpg like that again.
I believe you, I generally just play 6-8 hours a day now but I used to play allot more but now with the nerf to herbalism/alchemy stacking and such it limits the ammount of stuff there is to do. I dunno how you could give up raiding like that, I remember when I had only played swg for 3 months, granted it was like 8-10 hours a day and I quit cause it was my last year of highschool and I wanted to focus and I had dreams and withdrawls and wanted to play so bad, i couldnt immagine trying to quit wow after how much time I spent playing it, unless there was something better to take its place.

Capt. Picard
09-19-07, 10:48 AM
At university, Diablo 2, Friday 18:00 - Sunday 05:30.

Smuggled in food. Took turns with friends sitting in the back corner eating so the CCS cameras can't see you.

Wasn't online though, only on the network.

nemecb
09-19-07, 10:53 AM
We have 12 hour LAN's every couple of months, although there are generally some breaks so I wouldn't necessarily call those non-stop. Actually I've probably had coding sessions longer than my longest gaming session. I'm such a dork.:o

My longest was probably a day of 6 or 8 hours of Savage online. That game is the closest I've ever come to an addiction. On numerous occasions I've finished a long game of that and discovered that my face is stiff because I haven't moved at all in so long.:eek:

jeffmd
09-19-07, 11:01 AM
I have no idea of the hours, but I think I easily exceeded the 12 hour mark a few times during my youth when I was doing everquest raids. These days, job makes it impossible. Thats how it is eh? But then it wasn't till I got a job that I can now plunk 1700 onto a computer and not worry about it. ;)

andy_nv
09-19-07, 11:09 AM
Had my share of net and games addiction in high school, I don't think I went past 12 hours though.
From what I read here even when we were "addicted" we took our breaks to eat, drink and go to the bathroom, guess that made the difference.

I'm thinking, in the old days it would've taken 8-10 hours straight to finish Bioshock for me. Now, I just played it over the course of a week, a few hours a day, took my time through the levels trying to get into every area...

Quick420
09-19-07, 11:43 AM
I used to play ET a lot,at least 3-4 hrs a day.My longest day is around 10hrs.Now it's gonna be ET:QW,I play 2-3 hrs a day now but will likely up that on release day,gotta learn the maps ya know:p

3DBrad
09-19-07, 01:27 PM
I think 7 or 8 when I first started playing Counter-Strike: Source and got caught up in playing on a glass-map-only server (so fun shooting the glass out from under the terrorists, etc. lol) :D

|MaguS|
09-19-07, 01:38 PM
3 Days of Everquest... I was leading a raid with my guild in ToV camping some armor. I stayed there for all three days... thankfully It was a 3 day weekend for school. :p

Think I got in an arguement with my GF afterwards but eh... I got my full ToV Armor. :D

SOAD
09-19-07, 02:20 PM
I think 7 or 8 when I first started playing Counter-Strike: Source and got caught up in playing on a glass-map-only server (so fun shooting the glass out from under the terrorists, etc. lol) :D

Thats how I was hooked on the original CS.

He_glass ftmfw!

That has caused to waste so many thousands of hours :(

just think if I had been exercising or studying :S

lol (lee63)

SLippe
09-19-07, 06:32 PM
Holy crap! I don't think I've ever gone over the 12 hour mark. That's nuts!

SOAD
09-19-07, 07:11 PM
Holy crap! I don't think I've ever gone over the 12 hour mark. That's nuts!

not really. its quite fun (lee63)

after a while things like hunger and sleep go away.

Its sooooooooooooooooooooo hard getting to sleep after a couple of days. You live in bed and are like "wtf this is boring my High Def monitor looks nicer. Im going to get headshotted since im not moving or after a few drinks TURN THE ****ING VSYNC ON, IM EXPERIANCING TEARING"

:D

:O

Bman212121
09-19-07, 07:32 PM
I've gone almost a day but it wasn't non stop, we had plenty of pizza and drinks, and stopped for a little while to take a break. Got up at like 7am and went to bed at 5 or 6 am when my dad was getting up for work.