PDA

View Full Version : Asus Striker Extreme 680i Intel Edition bios rom chip question?

Digital_Trans
09-19-07, 11:27 PM
I just got a new Asus Striker Extreme 680i Intel Edition motherboard and I noticed that the bios rom chip frame socket isn't even on the motherboard which in turn would result in not being able to change out the bios chip rom in the even the bios chip goes bad.
It's just a bios rom chip attached to the motherboard. Is Asus doing this to all their Asus Striker Extreme 680i Intel edition motherboard bios rom chips? I've attached a picture for record! Also, I think there's some covers chips missing on this new motherboard I just got which is circled in red which says 16. On my other Asus Striker Extreme those tiny 16's are covered with a small black chip cover. I just think it's odd to see a couple of them off on the new motherboard I just got. Anyway, I just wondering maybe the motherboard was put together incorrectly from Asus during production? What do you guys think?

url: http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38750447sk1.jpg

Digital_Trans
09-20-07, 03:52 PM
HAHAHAH! no one knows? I guess I answered my own question again lmao! (nana2)

Slammin
09-20-07, 04:57 PM
Maybe because nobody even knows what the hell you are talking about??

I certainly don't. (google)

Digital_Trans
09-21-07, 01:14 AM
Maybe because nobody even knows what the hell you are talking about??

I certainly don't. (google)

Well, if you don't know what the hell a bios chip PLCC socket is on a motherboard then I'm sorry...lmao! 99% of the motherboards made today have a bios chip PLCC socket on them to where the small bios chip is fitted into snug but can be removed for replacement with a newer bios rom chip. I've attached some pictures to set an example. What I'm getting at is this, my board didn't have a bios chip PLCC socket on it so I shipped it back for a full refund! :) Just look at the pictures below and that will explain it all.

Knowledge is power!

Slammin
09-21-07, 09:39 AM
Don't be a knob.

I still don't see what you are pointing to in your first post, but some mobo's don't have removable bios chips but instead use onboard backups, so you sent back a perfectly fine mobo because you didn't see a socket.

Then ask?

Digital_Trans
09-21-07, 10:51 PM
Don't be a knob.

I still don't see what you are pointing to in your first post, but some mobo's don't have removable bios chips but instead use onboard backups, so you sent back a perfectly fine mobo because you didn't see a socket.

Then ask?

You're wrong! god this getting funner by the post! I talked with Asus and they said there was a batch of them that ended up like this. I won't damn you kid but I will tell ya what I know um'kay hmmmmmm um'kay! :D
The socket is missing and Asus is aware of the issue now! hahahahaahah! Those bastards!!!! hahahahaahahah!

Slammin
09-22-07, 01:55 AM
Kid?

Saldly, or not, I probably have children older than you.

No matter, you'll get better.

L8tr.

Digital_Trans
09-23-07, 08:18 PM
I've always been great at computers! I won't take a board with missing parts. I want the best and that didn't meet my standards! Maybe someone else sure I could care less but not mine. I'm watercooled so I have to do alot more to setup the motherboard inside my Koolance watercooling tower.
I want the board to be perfect because I plan on leaving it inside the case for 3 to 4 years at best.