PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to restore an old update for 360 games?

SeriTonin
09-20-07, 03:01 PM
There have been 3 updates for gears of war, update 2 in jan 07 allowed a full screen for us pc monitor users....update 3 for some reason, brought it back to widescreen. Been checking google, haven't found anything. Anyone know if I can go back to the second update?

Lyme
09-20-07, 03:05 PM
You can't go back to previous updates.

That being said you should be able to change the resolution that your xbox thinks your monitor is, and that "should" fix the issue.

SeriTonin
09-20-07, 03:51 PM
What do you mean? I have the 360 set to display at 1280x1024, but like 90% of my games are in wide screen. How can I get rid of that?

Lyme
09-20-07, 06:33 PM
If you tell the 360 to use a SDTV resolution, I'd expect you'd get fullscreen. You need to remember that it is your monitor that is the wrong dimensions, rather than the 360 displaying in the wrong format. Widescreen is the way of the new tv's.

LiquidX
09-20-07, 07:15 PM
I remember seeing this on another forum....

....you can remove the update (along with any other game updates) by
clearing your cache. System>Memory>Y>X,X,LB,RB,X,X.

So I guess you go to the game in question and do those commands.

LycosV
09-21-07, 12:17 AM
Clearing the cache is done from within the dashboard as it's a system setting like your windows swap file. I don't think that it contains game updates though. I think that the game updates are deleted when you delete the saves for that game (But I'm not sure on this).
Of course even if you manage to delete the info, I don't think you can just download the second patch. I think your options are the original version, or the latest.

SeriTonin
09-21-07, 09:40 AM
Ok, to touch on both topics.

I tried 1280 x 768 last night and yep...full screen. I dont like it though, I'm spoiled with 1280 x 1024..it's too crisp to go back, I'll just live with the black bars. (And get a decent widescreen lcd soon)

As for the patch, the last poster is saying exactly what I was thinking...even if I delete the game saves or whatever and take it back to its original state, i'm guessing my choices are leaving it that way or getting the third patch....the second one is pretty much over and done. :thumbdwn:

Thanks for the help though, guys. =)