PDA

View Full Version : TEAM FORTRESS 2 available on steam

Pages : [1] 2

dazzo82
09-20-07, 03:29 PM
Just a shout to let everyone know team fortress 2 is available for download on steam. I scored a black box from a friend and activated it and I noticed today that it was available for download.

3DBrad
09-20-07, 03:31 PM
:o

jolle
09-20-07, 03:55 PM
didnt they cancel the black box?
Anyway, there is a thread about the beta already.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98596

sl0ppy_sec0nds
09-20-07, 04:18 PM
Just a shout to let everyone know team fortress 2 is available for download on steam. I scored a black box from a friend and activated it and I noticed today that it was available for download.

How did you get a black box when they were canceled long ago?

Banko
09-20-07, 04:30 PM
Ati cards came with black box vouchers.

dazzo82
09-20-07, 04:44 PM
My friend got a 2900XT for his HTPC and he gave me the black box.

jeffmd
09-20-07, 05:48 PM
I thought the "black box" was still going to be available online? So I'm going to have to buy the orange box afterall if I want eps2/tf2/portal?

nVJoe
09-20-07, 06:18 PM
Downloading client now

|JuiceZ|
09-20-07, 07:18 PM
Downloading client now

:lol:

$n][pErMan
09-20-07, 07:28 PM
Is anything going to be availiable in stores? Money is not an issue... just if I am going to buy a game I want a hard copy in hand.

crainger
09-20-07, 07:37 PM
Downloading client now

I'm getting 687kbps woot

*update*

This TF2 sucks. Going back to Orange box version.

*update 2*

Getting Orange client

456kbs

Evil Genius
09-20-07, 09:12 PM
I'm getting 687kbps woot

*update*

This TF2 sucks. Going back to Orange box version.

*update 2*

Getting Orange client

456kbsHuh?

californian1
09-20-07, 09:14 PM
more like beta , but hey imo they r the same

jeffmd
09-20-07, 09:39 PM
why must people insist on telling us what they are downloading? did I miss some period of time where is was a constantly asked question?

anyways.. since I see no signs of a black box version going to be around..I got the orange box. playd tf2 for the past hour or so and really liking it. 2fort4 bringing back the memories. The only 2 things I didn't like, the heavy is overpowered. Its gun is fairly powerfull.. but that combined with the fact that it can take so much damage and moves at a good pace makes him a good offensive bugger. The problem is, the heavy was never MENT for offense. Hes ment to defend the base. The offensive slugger is the demo/soldier.

Oh yea, WTF are the grenades?!?! How could they omit those??? The nail grenade, demo pack and mirv are half the classes arsenal. I can guarentee you that will be mod #1. stupid valve. ^^

Now to pawn off these other 2 keys.(lee63)

AngelGraves13
09-20-07, 09:46 PM
Huh?

My thoughts exactly!

nopp0x00
09-20-07, 10:10 PM
why must people insist on telling us what they are downloading? did I miss some period of time where is was a constantly asked question?

anyways.. since I see no signs of a black box version going to be around..I got the orange box. playd tf2 for the past hour or so and really liking it. 2fort4 bringing back the memories. The only 2 things I didn't like, the heavy is overpowered. Its gun is fairly powerfull.. but that combined with the fact that it can take so much damage and moves at a good pace makes him a good offensive bugger. The problem is, the heavy was never MENT for offense. Hes ment to defend the base. The offensive slugger is the demo/soldier.

Oh yea, WTF are the grenades?!?! How could they omit those??? The nail grenade, demo pack and mirv are half the classes arsenal. I can guarentee you that will be mod #1. stupid valve. ^^

Now to pawn off these other 2 keys.(lee63)

A heavy is a good unit, but a good team has no problems dealing with it. It's only the bad teams that allow a Heavy to rape.

The reason grenades are out is because of spamming morons.

Valve isn't stupid for not catering to your idea of proper gameplay. Their game is fabulous and very fun.

jAkUp
09-20-07, 11:00 PM
The main purpose of a beta like this is for gameplay balancing, I am sure you will see many changes in regards to weapons, etc.

jeffmd
09-21-07, 12:08 AM
A heavy is a good unit, but a good team has no problems dealing with it. It's only the bad teams that allow a Heavy to rape.

The reason grenades are out is because of spamming morons.

Valve isn't stupid for not catering to most of the team fortress communities idea of proper gameplay. Their game is fabulous and very fun.

I fixed it for you. theres a reason grenades are still in the previous TF incarnations... people like them and they work well.

And yes, they are spam, its called suppressive fire, and it is a valid tactic.

Badboy_12345
09-21-07, 12:42 AM
wait... wont the black box be available on steam?

crainger
09-21-07, 06:27 AM
Huh?

:rofl

You're using the wrong client. Google for a new one. Or give me your BF2 key and I'll do it for you.

crainger
09-21-07, 06:31 AM
wait... wont the black box be available on steam?

Nope it was cancelled, HOWEVER it is being bundled with recent ATI cards.

nVJoe
09-21-07, 11:33 AM
Huh?
wait, what happened?

13kbs

Damn v90 modem.

nVJoe
09-21-07, 11:37 AM

If we don't tell you we are downloading client, then how will you know we are downloading? Duh.

This damn thing has been hung at 68%. Crainger, google me a new client STAT!

Rakeesh
09-21-07, 01:08 PM
I fixed it for you. theres a reason grenades are still in the previous TF incarnations... people like them and they work well.

And yes, they are spam, its called suppressive fire, and it is a valid tactic.

I loved conc grenades with the medic. That was my favorite thing to do in big maps, just double/tripple conc all over the place while infecting people. :D

It's still just as easy to do that without concs, but concs make it so much more fun.

jeffmd
09-21-07, 01:47 PM
medic is broken atm... allthough its life stream is farly usefull, it seems valve has gotten bit by the error of thine mmorpg ways. That is to say, the cleric/priest class whos majority capabilities is to straight up heal, while giving pathetic offensive capabilities. This makes them extremely powerful if you are running a small controlled squad, but a freelance medic is going to find himself dead quickly. Thus the medic is nothing more then a heal bot, with no alternative fun means to switch off too when he is not healing. No fun, no one plays them.