PDA

View Full Version : Do 360 Elites die also

nVJoe
09-21-07, 12:18 PM
I know this has been talked about but I need direct input here.

I know that the first elites that came out were the same as the crap 360s that were dying. My question is have they changed the elites? Will they die like the 360s have been? I want to play Halo but I won't play it if the elites and current 360s have the same over heating problems.

If you don't know, don't post. If you are just going to be a jerkwad, don't post. If you are Tygerwoody, don't post.

nekrosoft13
09-21-07, 12:20 PM
i think they are still basically the say just added HDMI. so i would say yes, they would have the same issues as normal system

nVJoe
09-21-07, 12:21 PM
grrrr. I won't be playing Halo then. I refuse to put any money into Microsoft's pocket if they are going to put out this crap.

Ninjaman09
09-21-07, 12:24 PM
I don't know, why don't you ask microsoft noob! HAHAHA

nightmare beta
09-21-07, 12:32 PM
i think that they recently started (or are going to soon) make both the elite and regular without problems.

nVJoe
09-21-07, 12:47 PM
i think that they recently started (or are going to soon) make both the elite and regular without problems.
So will they have a grand announce for this? Will it be like new and improved Tide soap?

The all new Xbox 360 Solid. Our never ending research has developed the Xbox 360 past mediocrity and straight into Craptastic. This new system which will sell for an astounding $799 is promised to last past the New Years. Can Sony make this promise? I think not. Can the we make this claim? Not hardly. Only Microsoft can bring you this level of horse sh!t. The Xbox 360 Solid: This one doesn't suck.

Seriously, how hard is it to put a heatsink and fan on a chip?

Tr1cK
09-21-07, 01:09 PM
Well mine hasn't died yet. Anybody have any links/thoughts/info on modding the 360 to prevent this from happening anyways? I wouldn't mind moving it to a different style enclosure, etc.

nightmare beta
09-21-07, 01:13 PM
So will they have a grand announce for this? Will it be like new and improved Tide soap?

The all new Xbox 360 Solid. Our never ending research has developed the Xbox 360 past mediocrity and straight into Craptastic. This new system which will sell for an astounding $799 is promised to last past the New Years. Can Sony make this promise? I think not. Can the we make this claim? Not hardly. Only Microsoft can bring you this level of horse sh!t. The Xbox 360 Solid: This one doesn't suck.

It's not very hard at all. it's just that the x360 is just a cheap piece of **** by nature.

nVJoe
09-21-07, 01:22 PM
Well mine hasn't died yet. Anybody have any links/thoughts/info on modding the 360 to prevent this from happening anyways? I wouldn't mind moving it to a different style enclosure, etc.
I found the best mod here (http://files.playstatic.com/playstation-3-hardware/playstation-3.jpg) to stop the over heating problem

nekrosoft13
09-21-07, 01:24 PM

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4286/ex-wat-101/Koolance_Xbox_360_Liquid_Cooling_Complete_Kit_-_Silver_KIT-XB360SL-SYS.html?tl=g30c83s404

Mr. Hunt
09-21-07, 01:29 PM

I wouldn't risk voiding the warranty when you have a 3 year for the inevitable RROD problem.

SeriTonin
09-21-07, 01:49 PM
The elite's apparently have a new heatsink for the gpu and hdmi output. So technically, less should die.

I still feel though, until they go 65 nam, the problems will persist.

Lyme
09-21-07, 01:51 PM

That isn't the question.. the question is: how hard is it to put 11million heatsinks on 11million chips?

Lyme
09-21-07, 01:53 PM
I found the best mod here (http://files.playstatic.com/playstation-3-hardware/playstation-3.jpg) to stop the over heating problem

The problem is Sony only built five of them, and they cost a huge amount of money.

nVJoe
09-21-07, 02:51 PM
The problem is Sony only built five of them, and they cost a huge amount of money.
LMAO! touchet

Xav
09-21-07, 03:05 PM
grrrr. I won't be playing Halo then. I refuse to put any money into Microsoft's pocket if they are going to put out this crap.

I would have ZERO issue buying a 360 now as even my local walmart has the new HDMI/new cooling models.

I treat my AV gear/consoles like gold...well ventilated and dusted regularly. Having said that I went through (2) NES's, (4!!) PS1s and (2) PS2s.

On the other hand my xbox, xbox360, PS3, N64, SNES and Wii are all original purchase units.

My lesson? Buy an extended warranty and don't worry about it. In my experience Sony had the crappiest track record so far and MS has been perfect. Nintendo's issue for me was the spring in the NES not holding the cart down....as much abuse as that thing got..I forgive them. :)

Tygerwoody
09-21-07, 03:55 PM
If you don't know, don't post. If you are just going to be a jerkwad, don't post. If you are Tygerwoody, don't post.
Aww man. :(

Lyme
09-21-07, 05:46 PM
My lesson? Buy an extended warranty and don't worry about it. In my experience Sony had the crappiest track record so far and MS has been perfect. Nintendo's issue for me was the spring in the NES not holding the cart down....as much abuse as that thing got..I forgive them. :)

Really when it comes down to it, it isn't how reliable the unit is. It is how good the warranty is. While MS with the 360 has a less than spectacular hardware reliablity, the warranty is extremely good.

Stoneyguy
09-21-07, 05:54 PM
Your best chance is probably to find a Premium system (non-elite) with a HDMI out.

pkirby11
09-21-07, 05:56 PM
Going on 6 months and no problems yet and I play the crap out of it. Seriously if your worried either wait or just get a Best Buy warranty. :D I just think people should buy or not, from what I can see it's a 50/50 chance really.

NaitoSan
09-21-07, 07:11 PM
Before you buy 360 (Pro/Elite) is to open the tab to see when it's built. If it's July or after then it contains either new mobo or extra fan/heatsink and quieter dvd drive. I got Elite with BestBuy warranty and it's working great and a lot quieter according to my brother. :)

sirplayalot
09-22-07, 02:25 AM
I can confirm the elites die. I had the 3 rings about 2 weeks ago and got a new one! Warrenty of course. :)

S.I.N
09-22-07, 09:46 AM
My buds elite red ringed right of the box and he actually got it because his other system red ringed. Took it back that day and just got a core.