PDA

View Full Version : Crysis demo will contain the editor!

Pages : [1] 2

3DBrad
09-21-07, 05:32 PM
So what if it's delayed till late Octoboer, we get the editor WITH the demo, woot. :D

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9332

SlieTheSecond
09-21-07, 06:03 PM
Bah, I could care less about the editor honestly.

I just want to play the demo.

I bet the majority of people don't care about it either. Most people that play games, don't mod them.

nopp0x00
09-21-07, 06:30 PM
Bah, I could care less about the editor honestly.

I just want to play the demo.

I bet the majority of people don't care about it either. Most people that play games, don't mod them.

What the **** is your problem? If you don't care about it, don't post in this thread. The editor being released is a good thing and will likely turn out mods more quickly, given that the skilled modders will have their hands on the tools before the game is released. This is a very good thing. Long after we've all beaten the game and played the multiplayer to death, mods will keep the game interesting.

nopp0x00
09-21-07, 06:31 PM
So what if it's delayed till late Octoboer, we get the editor WITH the demo, woot. :D

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9332

Yep! I'm anxious to mess around with it. It looked really easy to edit games in those videos they showed a while back. I can't wait until the really good modders get their hands on this. We're going to see some crazy **** - no doubt.

mojoman0
09-21-07, 06:33 PM
F THAT. GIVE US THE DEMO OR OPEN UP THE BETA

conroejoe
09-21-07, 06:35 PM
What the **** is your problem? If you don't care about it, don't post in this thread. The editor being released is a good thing and will likely turn out mods more quickly, given that the skilled modders will have their hands on the tools before the game is released. This is a very good thing. Long after we've all beaten the game and played the multiplayer to death, mods will keep the game interesting.

I could care less about the editor and I dont want anything pushed back for it. Thats why we've replied ;) Just give us the demo and the game and yes, tools can follow later.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.... F YOU CRYTEK!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

We have some news to announce.

First, I am sorry for the bad news - the Crysis single player demo will now be available everywhere on October 26th, 2007.
We are taking some extra time to make sure you that you have an amazing experience but also we did not want to risk the release date of Crysis at this stage. To get the game into your hands by November the 16th, we had to make this call.

Now the good news - the big surprise. The SP demo will be released with our CryEngine 2 - Sandbox 2 game editor, giving the community the opportunity to get familiar with the vast amount of tools they will have at their disposal four weeks before we ship, something we have always wanted to do.

This is an exciting time for us at the studio as the development of Crysis comes to an end and we are only a few weeks from Gold Master.
We appreciate your patience and are looking forward to getting Crysis into your hands on November 16th.

Thanks

Cevat Yerli
CEO & Crytek

SlieTheSecond
09-21-07, 06:38 PM

I have no problem.

I expressed my opinion, nothing more. Which relates to the topic.
I don't live in a world where I have to keep my opinion to myself if someone else does not agree with it.

Tork64
09-21-07, 06:38 PM
Lame but whatever.

shabby
09-21-07, 06:49 PM
:cry:

http://www.sondrak.com/archive/wrist-slit.jpg

SOAD
09-21-07, 07:11 PM
:rofl

AthlonXP1800
09-21-07, 07:31 PM
:cry:

http://www.sondrak.com/archive/wrist-slit.jpg

:lol2: :rofl

Hope you wont end up like Owen Wilson. :lol:

Pity I look forward to play the demo on 25 Sept so guess I have to order Valve orange box first before get the Crysis demo next month.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
09-21-07, 07:41 PM
Well...that sucks ass. I was so looking forward to this demo. Excuse me, I have to go hang myself.

XxDeadlyxX
09-21-07, 07:43 PM
Well yes it does suck we don't get it this month... but there again based on the performance of the Beta I think they still have a bit of optimizing to do... I think when the demo is released there will be a very solid set of Nvidia drivers to accompany it, and hopefully it will be playable at those higher resolutions in Vista.

K007
09-21-07, 09:13 PM

jcrox
09-21-07, 10:04 PM
demo will contain the editor?? who the F cares! I just knew there was no way we were getting the demo on the 25th... I wont be a bit surprised if in about 2 weeks we read "Crysis delayed until early 2008." How in the hell do you delay a demo that you've been using at trade shows for over 6 months, combined with the limited beta I really have to give Crytek a :thumbdwn: when it comes to customer appreciation.

3DBrad
09-21-07, 10:14 PM
Because NO ONE HAS THE SAME HARDWARE, and a demo isn't a closed-environment like game shows are. :p

Dreamingawake
09-21-07, 10:23 PM

lol what's your problem ? you like the editor, he doesn't..

everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

delas52
09-21-07, 10:29 PM
bulls*** at people who are pretending to be happy, this sucks, don't build up our hope to crush it.

jcrox
09-21-07, 10:33 PM
On a positive note, we should now be able to amass several hundred more hours of video of people playing the demo that's not ready for release yet :rolleyes2

six_storm
09-21-07, 10:42 PM
I'm glad that they can take a little more time with the demo. If it played like the MP beta, we'd all be pissed lol. It'll be the first game I've ever seen to release a demo with a game tool such as the SandBox. Can't wait!!!

v3rninater
09-21-07, 11:04 PM
I think yall are just too damn anxious for this game, just wait it out. At least they aren't like Gabe Newellwaitafreaking2yearsforhl2. At least Yuri is doing this to KEEP the release date Nov 16.....I have no damn complaint then Yuri...patch away I say!

And yes I have the beta, and enjoy it thoroughly even with all the DAMN BUGS IN IT. Trust me, it needs some time to get the bugs out. Plus the developers need time to patch the goodness in.

PATIENCE YOUNG SKYWALKA!!!

Crow_Nest
09-21-07, 11:50 PM
WTF?

Im sure all of us are more eager to play the demo rather than to mod and edit the friggin thing.:thumbdwn:

gulizard
09-22-07, 04:29 AM
I think yall are just too damn anxious for this game, just wait it out. At least they aren't like Gabe Newellwaitafreaking2yearsforhl2. At least Yuri is doing this to KEEP the release date Nov 16.....I have no damn complaint then Yuri...patch away I say!

And yes I have the beta, and enjoy it thoroughly even with all the DAMN BUGS IN IT. Trust me, it needs some time to get the bugs out. Plus the developers need time to patch the goodness in.

PATIENCE YOUNG SKYWALKA!!!

No its because we are tired of seeing videos for an over hyped game. We all seen the mp videos way back when, and how smooth it ran on their so called systems. Then we get it and wa la it runs like total ass. Seriously some of you guys who spend all day long o/cing and what not may have money like that to spend but I got a 56 thousand dollar truck to pay for, my girls car etc... Sorry I can't buy a new CPU and Video card for every new game. Then they hold it back, and is it to fix performance? Nope its probably to optimize that stupid editor to show off their silly engine...

Game is over hyped, and at first I was all for this game but now I am just tired of hearing about it bring on UT3.

six_storm
09-22-07, 07:36 AM
WTF?

Im sure all of us are more eager to play the demo rather than to mod and edit the friggin thing.:thumbdwn:

True, but I'm digging the Sandbox tool. I used the one in Far Cry just to make different things just for fun. And since it's the most advanced game engine out there (IMO), what better way than to be creative with it? You can make movies from the Sandbox editor too. Pretty sweet stuff and it doesn't look that much different/harder from the first Sandbox Editor.

Just hope they release an update for the Beta.

BioHazZarD
09-22-07, 07:47 AM
I could care less about the stupid sandbox, its not like im going to spend all day long creating new stuff, i just wanna try out the damn game and waiting amonth cause of this blows.