PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer Rumble or Non-Rumble Controllers?

1337_Like_ThaT
09-21-07, 07:56 PM
As Sony just announced recently they are going to be releasing a rumble version of the SixAxis Controller, a question comes to mind if the significant increase in weight, which leads to slight uncomfort to the hands is worth the Rumble or if sticking with the current PS3 controller, saving $50 and having a lighter controller is better.

To be honest, after having purchased the PS3 and going without rumble, I really couldn't tell the difference with rumble except noticing the controller being more comfortable in my hands

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821010p1.html

What do you guys prefer, rumble or no rumble?

1337_Like_ThaT
09-21-07, 08:10 PM
BTW, for those of you interested in picking up the SixAxis Rumble, here is the supported list of games for when the controller is released:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821358p1.html

|MaguS|
09-21-07, 08:17 PM
I will stick with the non rumble untill mine breaks and you can only pick up the rumble. I don't miss it at all and I like the weight of the controller without it.

AthlonXP1800
09-21-07, 08:33 PM
I prefer rumble controller when I feel like and if I dont want to use it, I can switched it off.

Mr_LoL
09-21-07, 09:24 PM
I prefer the rumble controller.

nightmare beta
09-21-07, 09:29 PM
that's the million dollar question. the billion dollar question, is, do you prefer games to have or not have six axis support?

Eliminator
09-21-07, 09:40 PM
rumble FTW

Zelda_fan
09-22-07, 02:01 AM
That's like asking if you'd rather be gay or straight. Sure, there are a few weirdos out there but who wouldn't want rumble in their video games?

LycosV
09-22-07, 02:08 AM
Rumble, without doubt.

NAZCA M12
09-22-07, 05:58 AM
Rumble, without doubt.

Yes, but with or without it? j/k :D

Rumble all the way for me also. If you were to play a PS2 game (that supported it) on the PS3, why shoudn't it be there? Anyway, lots of us like/hate rumble or like/hate the six-axis, which is fine really. Thus, the ideal scenario for the games, would be to support them both and have the option to turn them off at will. Nobody would be complaining then (yeah right!)

Mr. Hunt
09-22-07, 06:47 AM
Depends... some games use it in very horrible ways... but some of them feel weird without it... I will buy a Six Axis rumble or whatever the crap it is called... Kojima wanted rumble for MGS4, he got it (ok not just for him but whatever), and knowing Kojima he will use it in some cool way.

ralinn
09-22-07, 07:08 AM
Really don't care. It's never made a game feel realistic to me... it just feels like I'm holding a vibrating controller, it can become annoying. If you like holding vibrating things then fair enough, whatever floats your boat.

crainger
09-22-07, 07:58 AM
I prefer rumble, but I don't really have any plans to pick up the rumble. Not atleast until games support the rumble, either new or old through patches.

LycosV
09-22-07, 02:32 PM
I don't think that rumble has ever been "realistic" but the feedback is better than none. It would be cool if someone designed a controller where you could make it shake certain ways. Use a heavy weight in the middle of the controller that could quickly be pulled left or right. The effect of force-feedback stearing wheels and joysticks are so cool it would be neat to see a similar effect with a controller.

Camp0rz
09-22-07, 03:10 PM
Rumble gets turned off by me for any console fps. It's hard enough to be consistent on a controller and the ****er jumping around in your hand doesn't help.

MustangSVT
09-22-07, 05:52 PM
I can't stand not having rumble, especially in racing games, so rumble for me.

And it looks like the majority agrees with me. 81% vote for rumble.

Bman212121
09-22-07, 06:41 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of rumble either. There are some times where it can add to the effect, but most of the time it doesn't really do anything special. I already have FFB in racing games through the wheel, so there isn't a need for a controller. I'll probably pick one up to try it out, but I might not use it much.

Mr_LoL
09-22-07, 10:46 PM
Well it doesn't hurt to have rumble especially when it can be turned off so I don't really see what the problem is..