PDA

View Full Version : dmc4 graphics: x360 or ps3?

nightmare beta
09-22-07, 03:05 PM
I think the screens i saw of the x360 version looked quite terrible and I wasn't surprised, but since most people think the x360 has superior graphics capabilities, I'm sure that this will be an interesting thread.

No need to turn this into a war o' flames, and i'm not including a poll b/c most people would find it unfair this early, even though I think the ps3 version has no chance of looking equal to or worse than the x360 version.

Marvel_us
09-22-07, 03:17 PM
We don't even have that much media from both versions. Just wait till the game comes out if you want to compare the two. I'm sure all the sites will have comparison vids.

NaitoSan
09-22-07, 03:56 PM
DMC4 is PS3's first game from Capcom. Capcom has more experience with X360 so it could look better. Like Marvel_us said, we don't have much media from both version.

buffbiff21
09-22-07, 04:07 PM
I don't care either way. I have no reason to buy an X360 and thus would rather get it for PS3.

And there's already a DMC4 thread. EDIT started by the same guy. :headexplode:

Xav
09-22-07, 05:54 PM
I don't care either way. I have no reason to buy an X360 and thus would rather get it for PS3.

And there's already a DMC4 thread. EDIT started by the same guy. :headexplode:

Suprise!!!! Not

jeffmd
09-22-07, 05:57 PM
Well both systems can produce jaw dropping scenes, the question of graphic superiority lies entirely with the game itself, aka which system will capcom suck most at programing for. to early to tell imo.

ralinn
09-22-07, 07:50 PM
Why does there have to be so many 'Vs.' threads now? Jesus, it's getting like the gametrailers forum :|

I don't mean to be rude but, it really annoys me for some reason. It's like, someone can't think of anything decent to post about, so they create a 'Vs.' thread as a desperate attempt of getting their post count up.

Meh, probably not true... but still...

Wow, I'm bickering on about **** all...

Imbroglio
09-22-07, 11:14 PM
I think the screens i saw of the x360 version looked quite terrible and I wasn't surprised, but since most people think the x360 has superior graphics capabilities, I'm sure that this will be an interesting thread.

No need to turn this into a war o' flames, and i'm not including a poll b/c most people would find it unfair this early, even though I think the ps3 version has no chance of looking equal to or worse than the x360 version.

isn't your genesis or MAME calling your name? don't you think you have some more late 80's early 90's games to play? you don't have enough evidence yet here, so please make more threads and tell me again how consoles of this gen and next are crap compared to the super ohNoES and leave this vs crap alone

Lyme
09-23-07, 12:57 AM
I prefer DMC4 for the colecovision.

|MaguS|
09-23-07, 01:12 AM
I heard the Saturn is their primary development platform.

Amuro
09-23-07, 01:15 AM
PS3 is the lead platform for DMC4, and plus it has been in development for PS3 for a long time before 360 version was announced. I remember the lead designer of the series (forgot his name) saying the game is taking advantage of PS3's unique capabilities, but that was before the game went multiplatform of course.

|MaguS|
09-23-07, 01:18 AM
From everything I have read the developer says that the versions should be identical except for unique control functions for the respective consoles (X360 gets rumble, PS3 gets SIXAXIS).

Amuro
09-23-07, 01:22 AM
From everything I have read the developer says that the versions should be identical except for unique control functions for the respective consoles (X360 gets rumble, PS3 gets SIXAXIS).
From what I have heard, each version will be taking advantage of their respective unique capabilities. BTW, isn't PS3 rumble function will be back soon?

shungokusatsu
09-23-07, 01:34 AM
It's identical, Capcom has confirmed (http://kotaku.com/gaming/almost-same/difference-in-360-and-ps3-devil-may-cry-4-the-controller-297339.php) there will be 0 differences aside from the controller. Previews say the same, 0 difference but they all favor the PS3's controls.

Amuro
09-23-07, 03:45 AM
I don't think anyhing has really been confirmed at this stage as the game ist still months away.

ralinn
09-23-07, 06:36 AM
It's identical, Capcom has confirmed (http://kotaku.com/gaming/almost-same/difference-in-360-and-ps3-devil-may-cry-4-the-controller-297339.php) there will be 0 differences aside from the controller. Previews say the same, 0 difference but they all favor the PS3's controls.
I've always favored the PS3/2 controller over the 360's controller for games like this. It feels much more responsive for beat 'em ups etc. The 360 controller I've always prefered for FPS's.

Lyme
09-23-07, 12:10 PM
I've always favored the PS3/2 controller over the 360's controller for games like this. It feels much more responsive for beat 'em ups etc. The 360 controller I've always prefered for FPS's.

Corporate management tells the dev's that they prefer the 360, because it has 2x the market cap.

nightmare beta
09-23-07, 02:48 PM
Hopefully, they'll either all be the same, or the pc should look best.

i will be quite disappointed if the pc version is any less than the x360 and/or ps3 versions, since i don't plan on paying it on a console.

buffbiff21
09-23-07, 06:29 PM
The 360 controller I've always prefered for FPS's.
I prefer using the Xbox controller when I'm not playing games. I like it best when it's not in my hands.

nightmare beta
09-23-07, 08:30 PM
the playstation's controllers have usually been the best. that's why their design is so popular for pc controllers. and that's also why they haven't had to change their controllers much.

only exceptions are the wii classic controller and the saturn's controller for 2d fighters.

the reg. xbox contollers (original and s) and the 360's controller suck ass.

buffbiff21
09-23-07, 10:08 PM
....if it isn't broken....that just sounds like bad grammar for some reason.
Well, I'd venture that the statement by itself is almost universally understood. Thus in the context of modern idiomatic English, one could argue that it's proper. It technically is gramatically incorrect however, only because it's not a full independent clause. Simply couple it with "...don't fix it" and it'll be proper.

Speaking of controllers, my favorites are the Gamecube's and the SNES's.

Amuro
09-23-07, 10:21 PM
That's what I've heard as well.
But this is from what I heard:
"It's unknown if Capcom will offer unique content for each platform. However, in a press release issues today, Capcom stated that "each version of the game will be maximized to take advantage of the systems' strengths."
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/800/800883p1.html