PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Sword Review

penitent_one
09-23-07, 02:10 AM
Most terrible video game I have ever encountered in over 20 years of being a video gamer.

There, hopefully nobody else makes the same mistake I did, buying heavenly sword.

Mr. Hunt
09-23-07, 02:12 AM
Care to explain what was so terrible?

penitent_one
09-23-07, 02:19 AM
Care to explain what was so terrible?

The game.

penitent_one
09-23-07, 02:26 AM
your explanation is not sufficient.

Seriously, heed this advice. Insulting a 7' 320 lb inmate in a prison cell would produce a less horrible outcome than playing this game all the way through.

No BS. I'm trying to do you guys a favor, for reals. Not trying to be an asshat, just giving a warning shout. That's all.

Mr. Hunt
09-23-07, 02:41 AM
Glad you didn't "warn" me... I bought it and loved every minute of it.

NaitoSan
09-23-07, 03:14 AM
wow this thread is so lame. it's not even a review but telling people not to buy it. :lame:

a copy of heavenly sword arrived couple of days ago and man, i really enjoy it. i hope the sequel is in the making. :)

crainger
09-23-07, 04:14 AM
I'm loving it too. I just picked up mine today. Completely forgot it had come out 3 days ago. (AU release was the 20th) :o

AthlonXP1800
09-23-07, 05:25 AM
The topic of this thread is "Heavenly Sword Review"

Where the review?

All I see is penitent_one's opinion about the game. :p

ralinn
09-23-07, 06:32 AM
Bad "review"! :D

The game is awesome, but just too short.

Dr.Nick
09-23-07, 08:55 AM
Well, I appreciate your warning but this game does not come close to deserving it. As long as you disable the Saxxis crap in the options and make an effort to learn a few combos all is well. Nariko is also one sexy killing machine:D

ralinn
09-23-07, 09:30 AM
Hmm, I thought Heavenly Sword made one of the best uses of the sixaxis so far.

Dr.Nick
09-23-07, 09:52 AM
Well, its not bad but I find some of the combos unnecessarily tough to perform and Kai's levels are a lot more fun with it disabled. Head shots with arrows are tough with saxxis but without it you can get everyone right between the eyes;)
The best use of saxxis I have seen yet would have to be in Folklore(not released yet but the demo is out on psn).

K007
09-23-07, 10:08 AM
its got a hot chick...so its gonna sell..lol..

Severian126
09-24-07, 06:27 PM
I demoed this out at a local Gamestop and for the brief 10 minutes of play, I thought it was pretty fun. Not going to buy a PS3 for it type of fun, but it sure as hell didn't suck. If I had a PS3, I think I would've consider purchasing this game.

crainger
09-24-07, 07:37 PM
Hmm, I thought Heavenly Sword made one of the best uses of the sixaxis so far.

I think it does too. It takes a little to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's very powerful. Nothing like being able to do the most horrifying called shots when playing as Kai.

It's a great game, but as mentioned it's not a console seller like it was thought to be.

Lfctony
09-25-07, 01:57 AM
I found it easier to control without the 6-axis. Eventhough it's a good game, it's no GoW and they weren't exaggerating when they said the game was short. I finished it in 5 hours or so, I wanted more. I might replay it. Later on though. I'm getting World in Conflict and Halo 3 soon, so I'm going to have my hands full.