PDA

View Full Version : ut2004 issue? not sure

easyrider
09-23-07, 09:15 PM
problem:
I am playing an RPG mod for ut2004 , and after a bit, I start getting weird video issues, namely I loose the ability to see my wepaons effects, IE: rockets, shock rifle, flak, etc... I just cannot see the ammo flying out of the weapon anymore. After that it just goes downhill, because I just start not seeing anything such as monsters, then players, and eventually it's like I'm on the server alone with no one else in site, thing is they are there, it's as if I am trying to fight invisible monsters. and it doesn't get any better either.

Only fix I have found for this is disconnect and reconnect, but this is getting rather annoying because I seem to have to disconnect every 2-5 times per map, in wich case it's not even worth playing.

Video card settings:
16x aiso, trillinear mipmaps forced, 16xQ fsaa, Super sampleing aa tranceparency, high quality res, v-sync always off, Gama correction on, Overide any application setting, neg-lod clamped, threaded optimizations on.

My specs are as follows:
Core2duo 2.66ghz
EVGA 8800gts 640MB
2 x 1gb corsaire xms2 ddr800 mem
Asus p5k Deluxe mainboard.

I am on a dsl 1.5Mb/sec and I run smoothlym no stutters or anything, seems to run fine, just the video glitch. I was told that it was due to packet loss.....so I guess I'm asking, is this a driver issue, or setting of some sort or is it actually packet loss?
If it's a video settings wich one? and if it's a driver issue, then wich driver/drivers should I try out.

I have tried the latest 163.71, 163.69, 163.44 and so far tyhey all do the same thing, I could try others down the line, but I wanted to ask so I didn't end up spending 2 days installing and testing millions of drivers.

3DBrad
09-23-07, 09:30 PM
Maybe it's the mod you're playing? (i.e.-a glitch/problem with the mod?)

Bman212121
09-23-07, 09:36 PM
problem:
I am playing an RPG mod for ut2004 , and after a bit, I start getting weird video issues, namely I loose the ability to see my wepaons effects, IE: rockets, shock rifle, flak, etc... I just cannot see the ammo flying out of the weapon anymore. After that it just goes downhill, because I just start not seeing anything such as monsters, then players, and eventually it's like I'm on the server alone with no one else in site, thing is they are there, it's as if I am trying to fight invisible monsters. and it doesn't get any better either.

Only fix I have found for this is disconnect and reconnect, but this is getting rather annoying because I seem to have to disconnect every 2-5 times per map, in wich case it's not even worth playing.

Video card settings:
16x aiso, trillinear mipmaps forced, 16xQ fsaa, Super sampleing aa tranceparency, high quality res, v-sync always off, Gama correction on, Overide any application setting, neg-lod clamped, threaded optimizations on.

My specs are as follows:
Core2duo 2.66ghz
EVGA 8800gts 640MB
2 x 1gb corsaire xms2 ddr800 mem
Asus p5k Deluxe mainboard.

I am on a dsl 1.5Mb/sec and I run smoothlym no stutters or anything, seems to run fine, just the video glitch. I was told that it was due to packet loss.....so I guess I'm asking, is this a driver issue, or setting of some sort or is it actually packet loss?
If it's a video settings wich one? and if it's a driver issue, then wich driver/drivers should I try out.

I have tried the latest 163.71, 163.69, 163.44 and so far tyhey all do the same thing, I could try others down the line, but I wanted to ask so I didn't end up spending 2 days installing and testing millions of drivers.

If you bring up the netcode stuff you'll be tell if it is packet loss. I think you hit f4 or f6 to bring up the stats. There is also a command line for it but I'd have to look it up.

easyrider
09-24-07, 07:36 AM
I have tried setting everything the app preference, and turning down visuals, different drivers, nothing seems to help at all.
I am kinda leaning towards a connection thing, that or else all seeing eye haveing some sorta memory leak or somthing dunno, but I'll focus on the connetion thing see if that fixes it.
Just as a side note, when I check the net stat in UT (F6) I don't see that I am getting any pcket loss or fluxuation in speed of the connection.

easyrider
09-26-07, 12:12 AM
woohoo, good news, I fixed it.
It was indeed packet loss.
My router was set to max settings, wich basically was not allowing alot of traffice thru. Played almost 2-3 hrs and no issues.

Tahnsk for all the help and ideas and suggestions, I finally got it fixed