PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Limited Edition Marred by Disc Scratches?

californian1
09-24-07, 04:29 PM
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17529
http://xbox360.themanroom.com/news.php?id=1631
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172482
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/rumor-issues-wi.html

i understand that 1 sties started the fuss and every other sites joined, but this got me a bit worried as i did pre ordered the 69 bux one ....

any comments??

crainger
09-24-07, 04:55 PM
Mine was securely on it's nub. :D No scratches.

1337_Like_ThaT
09-24-07, 04:56 PM
This reminds me of an incident I recall when I first bought the Limited Edition version of Prey for the Xbox360 I went through 3 different exchanges, having found them all to have severe scratches due to the way they were placed inside the metal case. They wouldn't even load up in my 360 so I eventually just had BestBuy give me a basic version of the game and refund me the difference in cost vs. the LE.

RAY16
09-24-07, 05:21 PM
I had a similar problem back when Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory came out. Although mine was caused by a broken retention thing on the nub which caused the discs to slide off all the time.

You'd think they'd spring for better cases on these fancy pants editions... :rolleyes:

LycosV
09-24-07, 05:51 PM
Why don't they just wrap the standard plastic DVD case in a tin container?

crainger
09-24-07, 06:33 PM
I had a similar problem back when Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory came out. Although mine was caused by a broken retention thing on the nub which caused the discs to slide off all the time.

You'd think they'd spring for better cases on these fancy pants editions... :rolleyes:

QFT. What's even worse is that some of the PC 'Collectors Editions' have the bonus disc or EVEN the actual game disc in just a paper sleeve! :(

S.I.N
09-24-07, 07:23 PM
I tell you MS is a bunch of cheap bitches and you would think they would have learned there lesson by now that saving an extra penny can do more harm than good. There biggest release and $76 at that and you would think they would do better than that ****ty mess. I bet its on the level of the ring of death. Also I was watching a video of the unboxing and the disks actually fell out.(lee63)

LycosV
09-25-07, 12:30 AM
I tell you MS is a bunch of cheap bitches and you would think they would have learned there lesson by now that saving an extra penny can do more harm than good. There biggest release and $76 at that and you would think they would do better than that ****ty mess. I bet its on the level of the ring of death. Also I was watching a video of the unboxing and the disks actually fell out.(lee63)

The sites I've read say that the same thing happened with Prey and other collector's edition games that come in a tin box. It's now Microsoft, it's whoever they order these tin boxes from.

buffbiff21
09-25-07, 12:35 AM
If it offers you any solace, my FFXII Collector's Edition (metal box..) discs were scratched as well.

californian1
09-25-07, 11:11 PM
well got my legendary edition from a local store ... gamestop opens at 10 am .. too late ...

anyway it came with the regular green boxed inside the big package along with the extra dvd, and the helmet, and yeah no scratched there.. hewww, dodged a bullet there

toxikneedle
09-25-07, 11:26 PM
From what I read, even those that are scratched play fine.

Lyme
09-26-07, 01:12 AM
Only the limited edition packs have problems. The first one I got in the store was scratched but I got it exchanged.

Crow_Nest
09-26-07, 05:16 AM
Mine was securely on it's nub. :D No scratches.

Yep same here. Except the essentials disc i had had a little mark on it. But the disc runs fine.

Odral
09-26-07, 09:52 AM
From what I read, even those that are scratched play fine.

I picked up the collectors and yes both disc's are scratched ( what a poor spindel design to hold the cd in place ). My discs play fine no problem at all and Iam at the last stage in the game.

evilchris
09-26-07, 10:15 AM
I went through 3 and gave up, and bought the regular edition. When I saw the case design I pretty much knew the discs would be jacked so I opened in the parking lot. Whether or not they worked or not didn't matter to me, new price for new product = new condition or I won't pay.

S.I.N
09-26-07, 12:57 PM
Got mine and its a scratched up mess. What a cheap ridiculous case they used for such a big release. I thought I was going to break it. My brothers Gears or War tin is much better. May send it back to MS after I get bored with the game.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm

californian1
09-26-07, 01:37 PM
Got mine and its a scratched up mess. What a cheap ridiculous case they used for such a big release. I thought I was going to break it. My brothers Gears or War tin is much better. May send it back to MS after I get bored with the game.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm

shlt that sucks .. why does M$ always go shortcut when it comes to manufacturing ... RROD for 360 , and now this ....

i guess the problem only applies to limited edition , the Legendary Edition come with the regular 360 green box, so theres no scratched disc

i am jsut glad that my 360 hasnt got RROD yet .. hewww

Marvel_us
09-26-07, 01:43 PM
I went through 3 and gave up, and bought the regular edition. When I saw the case design I pretty much knew the discs would be jacked so I opened in the parking lot. Whether or not they worked or not didn't matter to me, new price for new product = new condition or I won't pay.

This is how I would feel as well. I'm surprised to see people settling for a brand new scratched up working disc.

Lyme
09-26-07, 02:57 PM
This is how I would feel as well. I'm surprised to see people settling for a brand new scratched up working disc.

MS is replacing them free of charge. If you "really really really" want to play the game and the disc works, even if it is scratched, why not play it through first and then send it in for a replacement?

However, I was extremely stubborn in the store when Futureshop told me they would only replace the scratched disc (that I bought less than 5min before) if they still had stock, otherwise I would have to send it to MS. I promptly told them that Mastercard has agreements with retailers about selling defective/broken stuff and that I would be happy to call them and ensure that Futureshop received no payment for my opened and defective software. They bent over backwards after that to satisfy me.

evilchris
09-26-07, 04:34 PM
shlt that sucks .. why does M$ always go shortcut when it comes to manufacturing ... RROD for 360 , and now this ....

This is actually a common problem that has existed since 2-pack DVDs started coming out. Your "M$" hate is hilarious.

californian1
09-26-07, 05:12 PM
This is actually a common problem that has existed since 2-pack DVDs started coming out. Your "M$" hate is hilarious.

yeah and that justifies the scratched disc of halo 3 LE, yup